Good Celts-Pistons-Pacers trade idea?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: Good Celts-Pistons-Pacers trade idea?

In Response to Re: Good Celts-Pistons-Pacers trade idea?:
    [QUOTE]I still don't get the infatuation with Prince. Why add a guy to the bench that's making $11M?? Idiotic!
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

B/c he is twice as good as Posey who makes nearly 8 million himself!

B/c we'd be GIVING UP 10.5 million in salaries to get him!

So we barely pay anything more.

B/c we'd be rid of JON's 6.3 million in '11 and SAVE MORE OVERALL.

Man... you really can't follow the financial logic of anything huh

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Celts-Pistons-Pacers trade idea? : If we have a SF who is 6'9" can't he defend Odom at 6'10" better than Quis or TA did? Won't he get more rebounds? We will still have the same Perk/Baby duo in June, only Sheed will be replaced by Shaq and KG healthier, which you are saying is why we'll be better... but my point was not that Princes rebounding is the missing link, it is that its just part of the upgraded package you get We did not defend Kobe nearly as well as with Posey in '08... Bron quit last year so who knows if we did better vs him than in '08 w/ Pose great defense, but Pierce sure couldn't go off for points like he could 2 years ago exhausting himself... and this year we likely have 6'9" Deng or 6'10" Gallinari awaiting us in rd 2. The better the bench is, the less 40 min games from Ray/PP and the better chance to bet miami and LA (or Dallas/SA)
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

You have my vote.  The price may be a little high though.  But Prince is the best fit for the Celts because he is an excellent defensive player, a reasonably versatile offensive player and can backup both of Ray and Paul.  The Celts are on a winning streak with a great record, etc. but they have one weakness in a 7-games playoff series: foul trouble for Ray and/or Paul.  Prince covers that.

Danny has done a masterful job of building up the team without sacrificing draft picks.  As the Celts age, it will be important to save those draft picks.  But I am all for this type of a trade.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]The papers are starting to talk about the 2010 Celtics breaking the consecutive 19 game winning streak, having the 2nd best mark in the NBA with only 4 losses but...... LET'S BLOW IT ALL UP!! Oooppss, "tweak and improve". So if an aging Prince isn't worth a 1st rounder, then why throw in " Avery Bradley (as you said, major upside), JON, Daniels, Price/Von Wafer filler, 2011 SECOND rounder". Completely ridiculous trade scenario and if Danny did this, he's needs to be traded to Detriot as well.
    Posted by ReddsGhost[/QUOTE]

Wow

Apparently Jermaine O'Neal was a major part of this winning streak... oh wait he didn't play a minute of it.

I guess we BLEW OUT team after team... oh you mean we won a bunch of 1 point games or scrappy ugly victories and could barely beat Philly at home?

I guess Ray and Pierce must be 30 like Prince and we can expect them to be 36-38 minute warriors the rest of the season and into June, just run them into the ground.. oh wait... they are 33 and 36!

Apparently Marquis Daniels is better than the taller, superior defender of SF's equally good scoring, same age as him, former starter on a title team 7 trips to the East finals, Tayshaun Prince. Whoops, sorry he is not.

Yeah that upgrade at one bench position is really 'blowing things up' and ruining everything... ha.

Its not like we didn't start 25-5 the last TWO years and then fall apart in the New Year. We cannot be a 4 seed like last year. If we lose Ray or Paul like we did KG in '09 its 2nd rd again. Prince over Daniels rest those two way more. Why don't people get this?

This move is akin to the House-Nate swap, that would make our bench better. B/c we were talking about a 12 min backup to Rondo last year and not a 24 minute guy who can help backup 3 positions this year, it is a much bigger move tho.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Celts-Pistons-Pacers trade idea? : I'm telling ya, this guy is either a Fakers or Pistons fan. This board is more interesting and more popular than those in his hometown, so he hangs around making goofy trade ideas and like an immature teenager bellyaches when no one is convinced he knows what he's talking about. Ignore this fool and he'll wander off to the TMZ or Teenage Girls Gone Wild site!
    Posted by SoCalCeltFan[/QUOTE]

SoCal you look the ignorant child yet again. I've got almost 9,000 more posts here than you do. Was posting here during the Big Al lotto season of '06-'07 and have used facts to destroy your weak arguments against my trade idea. Sorry you couldn't hang. Time to make immature cracks from the back of the room now. It is all you are good for.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Celts-Pistons-Pacers trade idea? : You have my vote.  The price may be a little high though.  But Prince is the best fit for the Celts because he is an excellent defensive player, a reasonably versatile offensive player and can backup both of Ray and Paul.  The Celts are on a winning streak with a great record, etc. but they have one weakness in a 7-games playoff series: foul trouble for Ray and/or Paul.  Prince covers that. Danny has done a masterful job of building up the team without sacrificing draft picks.  As the Celts age, it will be important to save those draft picks.  But I am all for this type of a trade.
    Posted by prakash[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Glad you see the logic and how Prince could be the glue that gets us the title and saves us in some foul filled games. He'd be overpaid as a 6th or 7th man for sure. But only by 2 million over the 4 players we send away to get him here. Why his salary over the exiting ones of O'Neal. Bradley, Daniels and wafer bothers anyone is beyond me.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Celts-Pistons-Pacers trade idea? : The question is, would Danny trade with JoeD after he got schooled in that three way several years ago that wound up sending Sheed to Detroit where he played on a Championship Piston team. Didn't we wind up with Raef LaFrentz on that turkey?

LaFrentz is destined for Springfield!!! The town on the Simpsons!!!!

Joe and Danny appear will not match up...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stiorevo. Show stiorevo's posts

Prince is good but why mess with a good thing?  Why chance what we know with a maybe or could be.  We have won 14 in a row.  We should be relishing that we are playing so well instead of coming up with stupid ideas about something that will never happen. 

Just like Detroit going 4 and 0 in the season when Detroit had made the conf finals like 4 years in a row and Dumars traded for Iverson, how did that turn out?  Leave the trade talks to Management!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]Prince is good but why mess with a good thing?  Why chance what we know with a maybe or could be.  We have won 14 in a row.  We should be relishing that we are playing so well instead of coming up with stupid ideas about something that will never happen.  Just like Detroit going 4 and 0 in the season when Detroit had made the conf finals like 4 years in a row and Dumars traded for Iverson, how did that turn out?  Leave the trade talks to Management!
    Posted by stiorevo[/QUOTE]

That was a cash saving deal for a fallen star team... not a 'update the bench for a championship' move. Pay attention. anyone who says don't mess w/ a good thing just look @ last 2 years.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

PUT DOWN THE BONG !

THAT IS THE WORST TRADE IDEA EVER POSTED, UNLESS THEY HAD INTERNET WHEN THE DANNY FORTSON TRADE WENT DOWN...

DANNY GRANGER SHOULD BE THE TARGET

JON or PERK's contract plus:

Avery Bradley
    Von Wafer
    Harangody
    #1 Celtics pick

Put and elite player next to Rondo and 2/3 of the next BIG THREE is already in place....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

yes people who want a veteran defensive presence for a championship run for our vet bench guys contacts, unproven 19 yr old G and 30th pick in the draft are smoking pot

Yet the people who want to trade that pu pu platter for a 26-27 year old all-star SF are the ones who make all sorts of sense...

yawn, my trade idea is solid, Danny Granger is idiocy

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

I HAVE A VISION

IN A DOWN ECONOMY, I SEE THE PACERS CREATING FLEXIBILTY BY TRADING THEIR MOST EXPENSIVE ASSET GOING INTO THE LOCKOUT

I SEE THIS HAPPENING

CELTICS LAND MAJOR YOUNG TALENT IN BID TO REBUILD ON THE FLY...
    I SEE DANNY GRANGER IN A CELTICS UNIFORM

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kivanc. Show kivanc's posts

[QUOTE]PUT DOWN THE BONG ! THAT IS THE WORST TRADE IDEA EVER POSTED, UNLESS THEY HAD INTERNET WHEN THE DANNY FORTSON TRADE WENT DOWN... DANNY GRANGER SHOULD BE THE TARGET JON or PERK's contract plus: Avery Bradley Von Wafer Harangody #1 Celtics pick Put and elite player next to Rondo and 2/3 of the next BIG THREE is already in place....
    Posted by PHX85014[/QUOTE]

Danny Granger thinks he's a star, and will not accept coming from the bench, while Tayshaun is a more versatile player and can dominate a game without taking 5 shots. I'd do the Tayshaun trade in a heartbeat. This trade would turn this Celtics team from great to unstoppable.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Wow this board is getting out of hand. Some of these trades are just flat out ridiculous. Gut the entire team for anorexic Prince and now let's go get Granger. Whew!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoCalCeltFan. Show SoCalCeltFan's posts

Im telling ya, the middle schoolers are out on Christmas Vacation! These are the types of trades some 13 or 14 year old has with his friends. Only now, they can 'share' their 'brilliant' insight with the world via the internet! Smile

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Wow this board is getting out of hand. Some of these trades are just flat out ridiculous. Gut the entire team for anorexic Prince and now let's go get Granger. Whew!

Unless Posey is related to some of you all, or is secretly posting some of these 'trade' proposals, I see no reason at all to bring this guy back. The Celts would be giving up multiple chips for one overpaid stiff who's hanging onto the water wagon until his cintract expires in 2 years. What did he do yesterday against the Cs? Nada, bupkis. No one even knew he was on the court. Jeez. Let it go already. Posey ain't gonna come walking through that door....EVER!!!

Re: Trade JON & Daniels for Posey??

posted at 12/20/2010 11:44 AM EST
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=1662ac301789e84a864dd26e7957e329&plckUserId=1662ac301789e84a864dd26e7957e329">
    First: 6/15/2009
    Last: 12/24/2010
    Unless Posey is related to some of you all, or is secretly posting some of these 'trade' proposals, I see no reason at all to bring this guy back. The Celts would be giving up multiple chips for one overpaid stiff who's hanging onto the water wagon until his cintract expires in 2 years. What did he do yesterday against the Cs? Nada, bupkis. No one even knew he was on the court. Jeez. Let it go already. Posey ain't gonna come walking through that door....EVER!!! 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

I think the team we have is fine as is.  We just need to get healthy.  There aren't too many teams that can bring guys like Delonte West, Perkins/O'neal, Davis etc. off the bench.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]Im telling ya, the middle schoolers are out on Christmas Vacation! These are the types of trades some 13 or 14 year old has with his friends. Only now, they can 'share' their 'brilliant' insight with the world via the internet!

Right! LOL! I'm not sure how old some of these guys are but some of these posts tell me they are confusing fantasy basketball with real basketball.

Granger!! Geesh! I know Ainge wanted him in the draft but I guess they think Ainge will gut the team to get Granger or Prince...foolish!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kivanc. Show kivanc's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Celts-Pistons-Pacers trade idea? : Right! LOL! I'm not sure how old some of these guys are but some of these posts tell me they are confusing fantasy basketball with real basketball. Granger!! Geesh! I know Ainge wanted him in the draft but I guess they think Ainge will gut the team to get Granger or Prince...foolish!

"gut the team to get Granger or Prince...foolish!"
    Yeah, Ainge shouldn't get Granger or Pierce, but a Mikki Moore signing would be tremendous.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]I HAVE A VISION IN A DOWN ECONOMY, I SEE THE PACERS CREATING FLEXIBILTY BY TRADING THEIR MOST EXPENSIVE ASSET GOING INTO THE LOCKOUT I SEE THIS HAPPENING CELTICS LAND MAJOR YOUNG TALENT IN BID TO REBUILD ON THE FLY... I SEE DANNY GRANGER IN A CELTICS UNIFORM
    Posted by PHX85014[/QUOTE]

Your vision is Foolish

Granger is 85-90% of what Pierce was back in '05 when the only things we entertained trading him for was the #3 pick to use on Chris Paul and a Ben Gordan/Luol Deng offer from the Bulls... we turned both down

Granger is worth a duo of young starters or a lotto pick

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]Wow this board is getting out of hand. Some of these trades are just flat out ridiculous. Gut the entire team for anorexic Prince and now let's go get Granger. Whew!

Gut the entire team?

Your ignorance continues to astound, reading comprehension please, it is a Daniels for Prince SWAP in the 10 man playoff rotation..

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Celts-Pistons-Pacers trade idea? : Right! LOL! I'm not sure how old some of these guys are but some of these posts tell me they are confusing fantasy basketball with real basketball. Granger!! Geesh! I know Ainge wanted him in the draft but I guess they think Ainge will gut the team to get Granger or Prince...foolish!

Stop lumping the logical Prince move (that doesn't gut the team as you wrongly claim) in with the no way in h*ll Granger idea...

They are completely different and I have used reality to prove your ravings on the Prince topic 100% false

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Um, match up the incoming/outgoing salaries and see what you come up with? Prince is at $11M I'm not sure what Granger is making.

Keep convincing yourself that it can happen and I guess it will. LOL!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

This link should help you come up with a way to get Granger. Good luck, hopefully we still have a bench.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

I think it's not so much about who the C's are trading to get next as when the C's are next going to trade.
    I'm sure DA is looking at what's out there.  That's a routine part of his job.  However, having picked up so many pieces in the offseason, and with the C's once again off to a great start, I don't see a trade in the offing anytime soon. 
    What could change that?  Perk and Delonte.  If their recoveries get drastically set back, then DA might pull the trigger. But if they come back, their return presence is going to act like a trade.
    Myself, I think the odds of another trade are 10:1.
    In other words, I think the team is set for the year.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]Um, match up the incoming/outgoing salaries and see what you come up with? Prince is at $11M I'm not sure what Granger is making. Keep convincing yourself that it can happen and I guess it will. LOL!

Prince at 11 million

JON - 5.7
    Daniels - 2.3
    Avery - 1.4
    Wafer 900k

Ummm.... $700,000 apart... my God you don't get it

Sections
Shortcuts