Good Luck Danny!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbrr7. Show paulbrr7's posts

Good Luck Danny!

The only way Danny gets a deal done that will really help us down the stretch, is to trade Perk or Glen Davis. Which I'm not sure if you get anything back that would be as valuable as these two players. Let's face it draft choices, O'neal, Nate, Q or any of the rookies isn't going to bring us any value. The best player for this team would be Battier and they want Perk or Davis, would he be better then either one of those guys? No! So unless Danny can pull a rabbit out of his hat, don't get your hopes up for much help. If Danny is really looking at Dahntay Jones then that tells you everything you need to know.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Re: Good Luck Danny!

Ainge has already made an offer to Perk. I think he has to either trade one of them OR be sure he can resign BOTH of them...and that's the tricky part.

Is it worth the risk of keeping them both with the chance that they walk at the end of the year with better offers. Teams in the East will throw money at them just to weaken the C's. Plus you have what I call the "Tony Allen Exception" not the Bird exception. The TA Exception is basically "I'm a major piece on a great team but I could be an even bigger piece on another team and make more money."

It's fools gold but that's what Ainge is up against.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

depends on whether they want to sign with miami or chicago for less money.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Perk and BBD WILL NOT BE TRADED! 

You can bet your house on that!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

P34 is 100% right.  Guys, think about it:  The Celts are a championship quality team.  The players all play together well and know their roles, especially on D.  Doc and Danny can tinker with that but they have NO incentive to mess with the core (Rondo, Ray, Paul, KG, Perk, and BBD).  Everyone else is nice to have but expendable.  However, those 6 are the core.  The chances of Perk and BBD being traded are equal to the chance of P34 changing his avatar - 0%!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: Good Luck Danny!:
    P34 is 100% right.  Guys, think about it:  The Celts are a championship quality team.  The players all play together well and know their roles, especially on D.  Doc and Danny can tinker with that but they have NO incentive to mess with the core (Rondo, Ray, Paul, KG, Perk, and BBD).  Everyone else is nice to have but expendable.  However, those 6 are the core.  The chances of Perk and BBD being traded are equal to the chance of P34 changing his avatar - 0%!
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

When healthy the Cs are the best and deepest team in the league and will SWEEP whatever team they play in the finals.

Danny will be riding off into the sunset when the BIG 3 start to fade away and leave the mess for ownership to try to figure out how to rebuild a 20 win team.

Danny has to balance his responsibility to cut payroll and assess whether they have a chance to win a title - a very tough task.

Danny will have to do this with a new CBA which will likely include a hard cap (like hockey) and really restrict player movement.

This will really put a lot more pressure on GMs to better manage their contracts and overpaying a point guard who will go from one of the top in the east to one of the average in the east and be tasked to manage the salaries of who he can bring in will ensure that the cyclical nature of the good-to-bad cycle becomes much more scrutinized and decisions will be that much harder to make.

Danny with his heart condition will not want any part of that.

What will happen is the Cs will continue to attempt to contend until the last possible second and result in having very little talent on the roster as they enter the lottery process.

What is clear is that next year Perk will be gone (most likely to Houston who needs a center and can get closer to home), KG, Pierce, and Ray will be a year older, they will get nothing from the draft and CP3 will likely become the 3rd cog in the Knicks wheel.

Looking back at the title of the thread - Danny has not had good luck, he has made pretty good decisions and got really lucky that he had a trading partner in Minn who happens to have been a good friend.  It likely bought him 2 or 3 titles but he will be gone after that.

What is really funny to me is that posters / fans / bloggers think that there is some sort of indefinite entitled contendership and cannot objectively recognize that it is the players and not ownership or management that makes this happen and when left with no players teams become the Cavs, Pistons, etc.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbrr7. Show paulbrr7's posts

In Response to Re: Good Luck Danny! : When healthy the Cs are the best and deepest team in the league and will SWEEP whatever team they play in the finals. Danny will be riding off into the sunset when the BIG 3 start to fade away and leave the mess for ownership to try to figure out how to rebuild a 20 win team. Danny has to balance his responsibility to cut payroll and assess whether they have a chance to win a title - a very tough task. Danny will have to do this with a new CBA which will likely include a hard cap (like hockey) and really restrict player movement. This will really put a lot more pressure on GMs to better manage their contracts and overpaying a point guard who will go from one of the top in the east to one of the average in the east and be tasked to manage the salaries of who he can bring in will ensure that the cyclical nature of the good-to-bad cycle becomes much more scrutinized and decisions will be that much harder to make. Danny with his heart condition will not want any part of that. What will happen is the Cs will continue to attempt to contend until the last possible second and result in having very little talent on the roster as they enter the lottery process. What is clear is that next year Perk will be gone (most likely to Houston who needs a center and can get closer to home), KG, Pierce, and Ray will be a year older, they will get nothing from the draft and CP3 will likely become the 3rd cog in the Knicks wheel. Looking back at the title of the thread - Danny has not had good luck, he has made pretty good decisions and got really lucky that he had a trading partner in Minn who happens to have been a good friend.  It likely bought him 2 or 3 titles but he will be gone after that. What is really funny to me is that posters / fans / bloggers think that there is some sort of indefinite entitled contendership and cannot objectively recognize that it is the players and not ownership or management that makes this happen and when left with no players teams become the Cavs, Pistons, etc.
    Posted by TheDUDDER

Sounds like Bird,Parrish and Mchale all over again.. Let's hope thats not the case because that was some tough times.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GregoBoston. Show GregoBoston's posts

The Cavs are releasing Moon and Powe.  In the worse case scenario, we can sign Moon as a back-up SF for peanuts.  Danny is probably going for the kill and looking for a great trade involving Nate, especially now that West is back. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Teams are going to be acting like roaches in a kitchen when guys are released/bought out.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Good Luck Danny! : Sou nds like Bird,Parrish and Mchale all over again.. Let's hope thats not the case because that was some tough times.
    Posted by paulbrr7

Could be right.  But, would you rather be the Celts and their championships then down in the dumps or be the Utah Jazz (never terrible but never win a championship).   Danny doesn't want a legacy of "we gave up after winning 1".  Instead, he wants to at least go for it (make at least one last run and maybe 2).

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from henryfinkel. Show henryfinkel's posts

Ainge has already made an offer to Perk. I think he has to either trade one of them OR be sure he can resign BOTH of them...and that's the tricky part. Is it worth the risk of keeping them both with the chance that they walk at the end of the year with better offers. Teams in the East will throw money at them just to weaken the C's. Plus you have what I call the "Tony Allen Exception" not the Bird exception. The TA Exception is basically "I'm a major piece on a great team but I could be an even bigger piece on another team and make more money." It's fools gold but that's what Ainge is up against.
    Posted by BiasLewis

BL nailed it. Chances are the Cs will unlikely be able to keep both; therefore, I would support trading one of them now. You basically have BB's versatility vs. Perk's ruggedness. Take your pick.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

First, agree that they look at the buyout/veteran min market and cut Quis to do so...so stay tuned (and healthy) Captain Paul Pierce - help is on the way but in a while...Second, as for trading BBD and/or Perk, doesn't the current CBA allow an incumbent team to pay up to keep their current players without it impingning on the salary cap penalty; if that is the case and that is maintained in the new CBA then why shouldn't they try to keep both players at market rates (let the free agent market set the price along as it is not absurd) and protect themselves fromt the cap hit.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Good post, Damfuno.   Very nicely explained.

Let the future take care of the future, but don't give up a championship this year because you're worried about the future.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Wear out Paul Pierce and the championship is gone.  He is the difference in big games.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Rip Hamilton is what is coming off the waiver wire.  It looks like that is the best we can do.  Maybe he will play better with our vets.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

I have complete faith in Danny Ainge.

He has churned the bottom of the roster every year, and until this year, he did it with a roster with NOTHING to deal.

This year's Celtics roster has real value in spots 10 thru 15

Combined with the worst economy since 1979, I have to believe that Danny will be able to shock all you negative non-believers with the biggest score since landing Ray Allen and KG !

Ye of little faith !

Danny is well liked around the league and so are the Grousbacks , I think there are probably a bunch of owners who would love to see the Miami Vice FAIL for the way LeBron and the other 2 threw their weight around , and what about the nightmare the Denver ownership just went thru ? Look at what Utah did today. They were NOT going to go thru that same hell with Deron Williams. What I'm saying is, the Celtics are respected for their team play and for the way the franchise is run. I wouldn't be surprised if someone decides to GIFT the Celtics in a way they would never do in the past.

TRUST IN DANNY !

He does have one of the best eyes for young talent and team chemistry.

I see a radical move (moves) on the horizon.

What if Danny decides to blow up the entire bottom half of the roster before the new CBA locks the Celtics in for a long slide toward aging mediocracy ?

What if he keeps the starting 5 , Big Baby and Shaq and completely reloads with young , high energy talent in spots 8-15 ???

I wouldn't put it past him.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaycOK66FAc

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: Good Luck Danny! : When healthy the Cs are the best and deepest team in the league and will SWEEP whatever team they play in the finals. Danny will be riding off into the sunset when the BIG 3 start to fade away and leave the mess for ownership to try to figure out how to rebuild a 20 win team. Danny has to balance his responsibility to cut payroll and assess whether they have a chance to win a title - a very tough task. Danny will have to do this with a new CBA which will likely include a hard cap (like hockey) and really restrict player movement. This will really put a lot more pressure on GMs to better manage their contracts and overpaying a point guard who will go from one of the top in the east to one of the average in the east and be tasked to manage the salaries of who he can bring in will ensure that the cyclical nature of the good-to-bad cycle becomes much more scrutinized and decisions will be that much harder to make. Danny with his heart condition will not want any part of that. What will happen is the Cs will continue to attempt to contend until the last possible second and result in having very little talent on the roster as they enter the lottery process. What is clear is that next year Perk will be gone (most likely to Houston who needs a center and can get closer to home), KG, Pierce, and Ray will be a year older, they will get nothing from the draft and CP3 will likely become the 3rd cog in the Knicks wheel. Looking back at the title of the thread - Danny has not had good luck, he has made pretty good decisions and got really lucky that he had a trading partner in Minn who happens to have been a good friend.  It likely bought him 2 or 3 titles but he will be gone after that. What is really funny to me is that posters / fans / bloggers think that there is some sort of indefinite entitled contendership and cannot objectively recognize that it is the players and not ownership or management that makes this happen and when left with no players teams become the Cavs, Pistons, etc.
    Posted by TheDUDDER

Don't pay any attention to racist DUDDER who hates the Celtics and his ignorance about the league/sport

Sections
Shortcuts