Good NEWS Big Baby only out 3-5 days!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticjay. Show celticjay's posts

Good NEWS Big Baby only out 3-5 days!!

http://www.csnne.com/03/03/11/Doc-Rivers-Glen-Davis-out-for-3-5-days/landing_celtics.html?blockID=432350&feedID=3352

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

Re: Good NEWS Big Baby only out 3-5 days!!

Thats very good news if thats the case!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Celtics translation - It's really 2-3 weeks.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

If that holds up it will be great.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Considering Baby has said his knees been bothering him all season & hes been in constant pain and unable to jump....  3-5 days?

Like I said, whats with the Celtics training staff?

Cant BBD take a vacation like SHaq and some others?  We're gonna need him come playoff time too and its the perfect chance to let Green & maybe Murphy get some extra minutes...

The guy is 6'10" or 11 and cant even dunk... lol... Rest him up!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticjay. Show celticjay's posts

I think they should give him 3 week off to go to Fat-farm/bootcamp.  Maybe even he could guest on the Biggest Loser. If he just trimmed down 20 -30 pounds he would be awesome..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

In Response to Re: Good NEWS Big Baby only out 3-5 days!!:
    Posted by BiasLewis

why some people ar so pessimistic?Have not a good thing to say about the team?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In Response to Re: Good NEWS Big Baby only out 3-5 days!! : why some people ar so pessimistic?Have not a good thing to say about the team?
    Posted by debrit

I think what Bias is trying to say is the Celts have a history of poorly estimating the length of time a player will be down.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticjay. Show celticjay's posts

Agreed..

Celts should employ the old philosophy of "Under promise and over deliver"

Too often we seem to get a best case scenario from their medical staff.. Wasn't Delonte supposed to play Friday. Now he's out a couple more..  Stop toying with us medical staff..

In Response to Re: Good NEWS Big Baby only out 3-5 days!! : I think what Bias is trying to say is the Celts have a history of poorly estimating the length of time a player will be down.
    Posted by Karllost

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dahc13. Show dahc13's posts

Well if it is 3-5 days great he can get back and start playing and the new guys will step up and get some more playing time.  Even if it is 2-3 weeks thats fine rest him up get him his energy back and the new guys will get even more time with the vets and get into the system better....either way it isn't a bad situation b/c it isn't till march 19th we play a winning team...good time for this to happen.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

let see what the 'REJECTS" can do.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Posted by BiasLewis

You should be in charge of subtitles.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

When was Shaq first said to be out for??

If these were Congressional hearings, all the Celtic brass would be behind bars

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

When was Shaq first said to be out for?? If these were Congressional hearings, all the Celtic brass would be behind bars
    Posted by Karllost

If these were congressional hearings, the Celtics brass would be leading the hearings.....

I just hope they don't panic and rush Baby back.  Without Shaq they have no chance, without Shaq and Baby they might as well start practicing their golf swings.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I agree he looked like a man that needed more than 3 days off.. If this is all about the postseason like they say, why are they forcing him back during a weak shedule?

I dont care if we have homecourt or not, cuz if this team is fully healthy in May it dont matter if we play in Canada....we will roll over anyone!   They better get a 2nd evaluatiuon on that one....smh

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

I think they should give him 3 week off to go to Fat-farm/bootcamp.  Maybe even he could guest on the Biggest Loser. If he just trimmed down 20 -30 pounds he would be awesome..
    Posted by celticjay

that is a poignant and titillating analysis.  this guy is a world class athlete.  wide does not mean fat.  certain people are never going to step on the scale and give you a number that "people like".  take it from someone (me) who was ALWAYS obese according to the height weight charts despite the fact I could dunk the ball and bench press 350, i was still obese!!  magin that!

i'm tired of the hack kneed drum beat and low blows on davis being fat.    different people have different bodies.  can't you nimrods recognize this in this new era of diversity and tolerance?  if you were put in an ironman competition with davis, nearly every single one of us would lose.  nba players, especially big men, undergo rigorous training, so quit treating the guy like he's a cheezeburger sucking couch potato.

it's just not true. the guy is never going to be a great jumper and starving him to death to make your ill founded fat hating self feel better won't change that.  his knee hurts because of how much he hustles on the floor, dipstick.  he leads the leagues in charges taken statistically and don't look now but he also leads the league in being the BEST HELP DEFENDER BIG MAN.  he changes games with his hustle and intelligence on defense, not being able to jump out of the building.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

It'll give a chance to get the new guys more PT.  Green and Murphy could certainly use this to their benefit. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

Posted by BiasLewis

Exactly! Apparently Shaq "bumped knees" early in the year and Perk initially had a "knee bruise" but both injuries turned out to be a lot more involved, so if BB only has a "strain" then chances are it's something more.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Hey, I love Big Baby as much as anyone else, and I wouldnt call him fat.....but!

The guy has a self proclaimed pregame meal of Spaghette and Pankakes.....Gimme a break....at the very least he could atleast take some tips from Ray on eating the right way and maybe he could last more than 8 minutes at a time before he is done.

I think it would help him in the offseason if he wants to get PAID.

How can u make a case to get paid or start when you tire out after 8 minutes..??  Even Doc said he was playing baby too much a couple months back, and it was like 30 minutes tops!   He needs to take better care of his body....its not his size, cuz he needs that, but how bout eating healthy...and having a snicker bar before the game or something...  Im sorry AC, but I think this is different....He aint fat, but he Damn sure aint in shape eating that kind of meal before every game!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

Baby is over weight. He not all muscle and bone.

However, he may also be the strongest man in the NBA. Shaq is his only competition.

As far as being winded, playing the low post, playing defense at that position, and wrestling with other wide bodies, takes a lot more out of a player than playing the one, two or three position.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Hey, I love Big Baby as much as anyone else, and I wouldnt call him fat.....but! The guy has a self proclaimed pregame meal of Spaghette and Pankakes.....Gimme a break....at the very least he could atleast take some tips from Ray on eating the right way and maybe he could last more than 8 minutes at a time before he is done. I think it would help him in the offseason if he wants to get PAID. How can u make a case to get paid or start when you tire out after 8 minutes..??  Even Doc said he was playing baby too much a couple months back, and it was like 30 minutes tops!   He needs to take better care of his body....its not his size, cuz he needs that, but how bout eating healthy...and having a snicker bar before the game or something...  Im sorry AC, but I think this is different....He aint fat, but he Damn sure aint in shape eating that kind of meal before every game!
    Posted by JayShizzle45

if you think davis is not consulting a nutritionist you're crazy.

he's doing something called carb loading.  there are different views on it.  i used to do it before working out for 4 hours when i was young and crazy and it worked. 

since then the "eat only fat and no carbos" diet has come and gone in popularity, the doctor fatso guy who weighed 270 pounds when his ticker seized up.  the bottom line is if you do the atkins diet and starve your brain of carbos, it's really dangerous.

so why don't you just come out and tell davis what he should eat before the games.  should he load protein instead?  or just nibble on some greens with fat free vinagreatte?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

and no, davis does not get tired after 8 minutes. 

his primary activity on the court is more anaerobic than most.  anaerobic happens when you sprint and your heart rate goes way up.  davis sprints every single defensive possesion on shows and then running back to cover his man, then switches, then clogging the lane to draw charges.  he is far more active than most players out there, even the little hummingbirds.

so yeah!  he's going to look gassed during a break in play.  but he recovers his wind rather quickly and goes on and continues to play effectively. 

for a good long while there davis was averaging 35 minutes a game, not 30.  that's a lot of a guy with the pedal to the metal style of play that he has.  but we did not have a choice.

i have confidence that davis will continue to work at his routine in the coming years.  he has come light years from his porky high school days and i don't think he wants to look back.  the fatties with problems in the pros show a steady rate of inflation (of the body) by now.  think stanley roberts, oliver miller, hot plate williams.  they just kept getting more and more blimp. 

davis hasn't done that.  rather, he's shown up each year in at least good condition as the year before or better. 

i hope we can sign this asset to any team.  most contracts signed in the nba today do not include unconditional hustle like this guy has.

Sections
Shortcuts