Good to see rondo back on track

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

Re: Good to see rondo back on track

In Response to Good to see rondo back on track:
    [QUOTE]a great first half.  by all accounts.  1-5 shooting against the point guard juggernaut poohp jeter and beno udrich.  that's impressive, as you would think that blindfolded with one hand tied behind him rondo should be able to foul out udrih and jeter in about a quarter's worth of play if he really went at them. but alas, i KNOW that's NOT HIS ROOOOOOLE with the team .  no scoring, just dishing.  do you big rondo assist-crazy lovers really think this is the style of game rondo should be playing to best benefit the team?  it makes me want to jam some shrimp forks into my eye sockets. or maybe a better question- does jeter or udrich have any chance of matching rondo's quickness?  we know the answer for beno, he stinks on his best day, but has shot 100% from the field so far and ..........  baahh, never mind. jeter, a rookie, and not a good rookie at that, why isn't rondo schooling him.......... oh shoot, there i go again- just the dimes, just the dimes.  i just have to remember that when it comes to this guy it's all about the assist numbers, and to stop un-tunnelling my vision to expect rajjie to open up a can of whoop on these poor excuses of nba point guards he is facing tonight!! another great game by the c's, led by ragon fishin' rondo.  isn't this the 8-27 kings, WITHOUT their "star" tyreak evans?  maybe rondo won't throw the second half and we can actually gain some ground in this titillating point guard matchup of the ages, and perhaps dethrone the kings in this epic tity twister of a game. i'm out.
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

You kill me man.  I have to agree that Rondo is not aggressive enough this year. Last year he averaged over 11 shots a game and almost 4 free throws a game.  He isn't even averaging 2 free throw attempts a game this year and is averaging 9 shots.  He should be able to get around Udrih anytime he wants.  Bring it to the hoop dude.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I was wondering why Rondo refuses to be aggressive with Eugene Jeter guarding him.  Hopefully, Doc got in his ear and told him this Eugene guy was basically playing him to a draw.

Wow, what a great start to the 2nd half.  Baby is struggling though.  Let's keep it up C's.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

Although you may have posted a bit early Acie.  He is jacking them up like World B. Free all of a sudden.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Good to see rondo back on track:
    [QUOTE]a great first half.  by all accounts.  1-5 shooting against the point guard juggernaut poohp jeter and beno udrich.  that's impressive, as you would think that blindfolded with one hand tied behind him rondo should be able to foul out udrih and jeter in about a quarter's worth of play if he really went at them. but alas, i KNOW that's NOT HIS ROOOOOOLE with the team .  no scoring, just dishing.  do you big rondo assist-crazy lovers really think this is the style of game rondo should be playing to best benefit the team?  it makes me want to jam some shrimp forks into my eye sockets. or maybe a better question- does jeter or udrich have any chance of matching rondo's quickness?  we know the answer for beno, he stinks on his best day, but has shot 100% from the field so far and ..........  baahh, never mind. jeter, a rookie, and not a good rookie at that, why isn't rondo schooling him.......... oh shoot, there i go again- just the dimes, just the dimes.  i just have to remember that when it comes to this guy it's all about the assist numbers, and to stop un-tunnelling my vision to expect rajjie to open up a can of whoop on these poor excuses of nba point guards he is facing tonight!! another great game by the c's, led by ragon fishin' rondo.  isn't this the 8-27 kings, WITHOUT their "star" tyreak evans?  maybe rondo won't throw the second half and we can actually gain some ground in this titillating point guard matchup of the ages, and perhaps dethrone the kings in this epic tity twister of a game. i'm out.

I agree Rondo should be more agressive with his shots. Ray was guarding Beno though so you can't blame him for Beno scoring. Rondo has become to caught up in assists. Even Tommy said it.  That is not good.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In Response to Re: Good to see rondo back on track:
    [QUOTE]Sometimes I wonder if Rondo would be getting all the hype that he does now if he were on a team that didn't have decent jump shooters.........in order to get an assist a team has to hit jump shots........with PP, RA and KG even BB that is not too difficult since they are all decent shooters........without assists (or someone to assist to what does Rondo have..........speed which he uses less than half the game........he does rebound well.........he has no shot .......no free throws........his steals are deceptive because probably for every steal that he has he lets his man go by him 4 times causes defensive mayhem......I wonder if he were playing for Charlotte of Memphis if he would be getting the same hype as he is now or would he be another Boykins.....
    Posted by damfuno[/QUOTE]

The answer to your last question is clearly "no". Or maybe "NO"!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsfanmx. Show celticsfanmx's posts

Rondo is on his way to cost us another championship unless Delonte comes back and does the job Rondo can't. If delonte can't fill the holes in rondo's games then we're lost.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

has everyone forgot that Rondo does this EVERY reg. season the last 3 years? your getting caught up again..he always turns it up in the playoffs. although im not saying its good to flip a switch, its what he does so im not gunna complain. im guessing hes just going to keep racking up assists untill the playoffs come? i will admit at times i get mad that he doesnt drive all the time, only reason i can think of is that thats alot of wear and tear on the body so he tries to preserve it, but idk

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

James you are right.

Last year he played for steals at the cost of defense during the regular season. When the play-offs started, he went back to a no nonsense approach, played great defense, and concentrated on winning not stats.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

This RONDO PROBLEM has so many ripple effects.  Given time in the work week this week, I am going to attempt to find out what our ELAPSED SECONDS PER POSESSSION (before shot takeN) is so far this year.  I would bet it is significantly higher than last year, healthy KG and all.

The utter lack of aggressiveness and killer instinct put on by Rondo not only is pathetic, aggravating, but it makes EVERYONE RUN AROUND two to three times as much because the ball is swung around and around.... you get the hint- ray, paul, baby are working double time on offense because of all the opportunities that rondo passes up.

And I'm not just talking scoring opportunities, I'm talking about the fact that the little freak rarely drives by his man into the lane to create shots for others and himself thusly- and to think a guy with that much quickness could do so much more with his game, for his team.  All he needs to do is a couple of blow by's a night and then other elements of the opposing defense will sag in to try to help and that's when the EASY DISH DOWNS and DISH OUTS occur.

And I'm fully aware Rondo scored 18 points the other night and that does not solve anything.  We need a pattern of behavior, not just occasional servicable scoring numbers from rondo.  He needs to change his act, because it stinks.

He is performing in just as selfish manner as wilt did when he decided to show the league how good he was at any given stat.  NOBODY CARES that rajon can dish out 13 a game.  especially when he struggles to score 10, shoots 40% FT and makes his team work the treads off of their sneakers wearing the shot clock down to a bloody stump so many times a game that it would make a wooden indian cry out loud.

Does anyone have ANY idea why there is no apparent symptoms of coaching going on with rondo in this regard?  I mean this just keeps going on game in and game out.  He was not this bad last year, but he was not fast tracking to being the best he could be offensively (not, i did not say SCORING) as he could be, and no he's hurdled backwards in a shocking manner.

So, what is it, is Doc preaching upon deaf ears or not preaching at all??!!@#$#%$%^@#!@#!@

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

And to tie in a possibly related point- I don't understand why Davis has become so uneffective in his fill in role for KG when you look back at what he did in 2009, seamlessly.  Davis was fantastic in 2009 and did yeoman's work in the playoffs. 

Now suddenly he can't hit a barn door and his rebounding has regressed to unacceptable levels. 

The shot and jumping are two of the first things that go when you get the living snot run out of you in the half court set being run by a dime-happy point guard.  It's definitely a possible contributing factor to davis' stinko funk we are all witnessing. 

The offensive flow of this team in 2009 post KG injury WAS dramatically different- more fluid.  Does anyone have a source for seconds elapsed per posession that goes back to 2009?  It'd be interesting to know how that is different this year.

Lastly, I'd point out that Davis' minutes leading up to KG's injuries were infinitely higher NOW than in 2009, but still nothing makes sense here because the more you play a big man like davis, the better his conditioning should get, not the worse, unless he is running endlessly in a half court set from hell and then having last second shot clock jumpers shoved down his throat thanks to our painful pace.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtown07. Show gtown07's posts

[QUOTE]This RONDO PROBLEM has so many ripple effects.  Given time in the work week this week, I am going to attempt to find out what our ELAPSED SECONDS PER POSESSSION (before shot takeN) is so far this year.  I would bet it is significantly higher than last year, healthy KG and all. The utter lack of aggressiveness and killer instinct put on by Rondo not only is pathetic, aggravating, but it makes EVERYONE RUN AROUND two to three times as much because the ball is swung around and around.... you get the hint- ray, paul, baby are working double time on offense because of all the opportunities that rondo passes up. And I'm not just talking scoring opportunities, I'm talking about the fact that the little freak rarely drives by his man into the lane to create shots for others and himself thusly- and to think a guy with that much quickness could do so much more with his game, for his team.  All he needs to do is a couple of blow by's a night and then other elements of the opposing defense will sag in to try to help and that's when the EASY DISH DOWNS and DISH OUTS occur. And I'm fully aware Rondo scored 18 points the other night and that does not solve anything.  We need a pattern of behavior, not just occasional servicable scoring numbers from rondo.  He needs to change his act, because it stinks. He is performing in just as selfish manner as wilt did when he decided to show the league how good he was at any given stat.  NOBODY CARES that rajon can dish out 13 a game.  especially when he struggles to score 10, shoots 40% FT and makes his team work the treads off of their sneakers wearing the shot clock down to a bloody stump so many times a game that it would make a wooden indian cry out loud. Does anyone have ANY idea why there is no apparent symptoms of coaching going on with rondo in this regard?  I mean this just keeps going on game in and game out.  He was not this bad last year, but he was not fast tracking to being the best he could be offensively (not, i did not say SCORING) as he could be, and no he's hurdled backwards in a shocking manner. So, what is it, is Doc preaching upon deaf ears or not preaching at all??!!@#$#%$%^@#!@#!@

So what would the Celtics record be if Rondo didn't have all these problems that make you so angry? Do you want me to call Danny Ainge and see if I can get you a job?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good to see rondo back on track : So what would the Celtics record be if Rondo didn't have all these problems that make you so angry? Do you want me to call Danny Ainge and see if I can get you a job?
    Posted by gtown07[/QUOTE]

oh my, smart and smarmy all at once. 

you're a real doofus if you don't get the point.  and maybe there's two of them.

this team is of a fragile constitution due to age, age, age, age and also now having some key pieces with injury history.

we have a fantastically quick point guard who rarely uses his quickness on offense or defense to MAKE THE TEAM AS EFFECTIVE AND EFFICIENT AS IT COULD BE.

so if you can put another boulder of crack in your rondo pipe and happily smoke your way to happiness with his game then i'm sorry for you, but i'm not blind.

everyone says rondo shouldn't be a scorer and he shouldn't be a primary scorer.  it's the worst defense to rondo's often exhibited deadly allergy to contributing scoring to the offense seen in passed up open shots, layups and the absolute refusal most nights to dribble drive his man.

so we go deep into the shot clock and everyone runs twice the sequences that they should, all because rondo decides the (un) HOLY DIME is what he is going to be the God of this year.

i don't know how you fans can't watch this many games, if you watch them at all, and not see the issues with this kid.  the expiration date on "potential" is usually five years or less in this league and then the can of "potential" turns into a giant jar of "head case".

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

The Rondophiles need to apply for a waiver giving Rondo another 5 years to fully develop his potential.

Claim a slow learner/special ed/mental health exemption.

Pud

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]And to tie in a possibly related point- I don't understand why Davis has become so uneffective in his fill in role for KG when you look back at what he did in 2009, seamlessly.  Davis was fantastic in 2009 and did yeoman's work in the playoffs.  Now suddenly he can't hit a barn door and his rebounding has regressed to unacceptable levels.  The shot and jumping are two of the first things that go when you get the living snot run out of you in the half court set being run by a dime-happy point guard.  It's definitely a possible contributing factor to davis' stinko funk we are all witnessing.  The offensive flow of this team in 2009 post KG injury WAS dramatically different- more fluid.  Does anyone have a source for seconds elapsed per posession that goes back to 2009?  It'd be interesting to know how that is different this year. Lastly, I'd point out that Davis' minutes leading up to KG's injuries were infinitely higher NOW than in 2009, but still nothing makes sense here because the more you play a big man like davis, the better his conditioning should get, not the worse, unless he is running endlessly in a half court set from hell and then having last second shot clock jumpers shoved down his throat thanks to our painful pace.

If we get that tired during a half court game I sure hope we don't ever start running a fast break.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good to see rondo back on track : If we get that tired during a half court game I sure hope we don't ever start running a fast break.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

running fast break is much easier!  been there and done that!

the issue with excessive length to the half court is that is MUCH more wear and tear, for everyone but rondo.  cutting short distances, curling, stopping, turning around and going the other way, stopping for a second, then sprinting some more in another direction is much more tiring than just getting to let loose going down the floor in the fast break game.

just think about driving a car through a slalom course and all of the energy expended on the suspension of the car to maintain traction.  same thing with a human running short curved distances or pivoting after short distances run, then running (sprinting) another short distance.  much more energy.

it's like running little windsprints all night long for everyone else in the half court set when rondo overpasses himself to his league leading amount of dimes.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtown07. Show gtown07's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good to see rondo back on track : oh my, smart and smarmy all at once.  you're a real doofus if you don't get the point.  and maybe there's two of them. this team is of a fragile constitution due to age, age, age, age and also now having some key pieces with injury history. we have a fantastically quick point guard who rarely uses his quickness on offense or defense to MAKE THE TEAM AS EFFECTIVE AND EFFICIENT AS IT COULD BE. so if you can put another boulder of crack in your rondo pipe and happily smoke your way to happiness with his game then i'm sorry for you, but i'm not blind. everyone says rondo shouldn't be a scorer and he shouldn't be a primary scorer.  it's the worst defense to rondo's often exhibited deadly allergy to contributing scoring to the offense seen in passed up open shots, layups and the absolute refusal most nights to dribble drive his man. so we go deep into the shot clock and everyone runs twice the sequences that they should, all because rondo decides the (un) HOLY DIME is what he is going to be the God of this year. i don't know how you fans can't watch this many games, if you watch them at all, and not see the issues with this kid.  the expiration date on "potential" is usually five years or less in this league and then the can of "potential" turns into a giant jar of "head case".

We got your point 150 post or so ago. Great game by Rondo last night. Shot a couple J's just for you. Maybe Doc has been reading your posts and sat Rondo down for a talk like you reccommended. By the way who taught you to read Rondo's mind as you keep on referring to what he is thinking and I'd like to be able to read his mind too?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtown07. Show gtown07's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good to see rondo back on track : oh my, smart and smarmy all at once.  you're a real doofus if you don't get the point.  and maybe there's two of them. this team is of a fragile constitution due to age, age, age, age and also now having some key pieces with injury history. we have a fantastically quick point guard who rarely uses his quickness on offense or defense to MAKE THE TEAM AS EFFECTIVE AND EFFICIENT AS IT COULD BE. so if you can put another boulder of crack in your rondo pipe and happily smoke your way to happiness with his game then i'm sorry for you, but i'm not blind. everyone says rondo shouldn't be a scorer and he shouldn't be a primary scorer.  it's the worst defense to rondo's often exhibited deadly allergy to contributing scoring to the offense seen in passed up open shots, layups and the absolute refusal most nights to dribble drive his man. so we go deep into the shot clock and everyone runs twice the sequences that they should, all because rondo decides the (un) HOLY DIME is what he is going to be the God of this year. i don't know how you fans can't watch this many games, if you watch them at all, and not see the issues with this kid.  the expiration date on "potential" is usually five years or less in this league and then the can of "potential" turns into a giant jar of "head case".

No one said that Rondo shouldn't be a scorer.  I think everyone thinks Rondo should be a scorer just like he is and occasionally moreso and occasionally less depending on the needs of the team in any particular game. As determined by Rondo and his coach.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good to see rondo back on track : We got your point 150 post or so ago. Great game by Rondo last night. Shot a couple J's just for you. Maybe Doc has been reading your posts and sat Rondo down for a talk like you reccommended. By the way who taught you to read Rondo's mind as you keep on referring to what he is thinking and I'd like to be able to read his mind too?

i know that ya gravitate toward the smarty routine to try to discredit people.

but when you've been around life long enough, and basketball long enough, you can learn something called "perception"- i know- 3 syllables there, but when a person's actions scream out the same thing over and over again as far as underlying thinking, don't things become obvious? 

to me and many others they do, to you maybe not.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtown07. Show gtown07's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good to see rondo back on track : running fast break is much easier!  been there and done that! the issue with excessive length to the half court is that is MUCH more wear and tear, for everyone but rondo.  cutting short distances, curling, stopping, turning around and going the other way, stopping for a second, then sprinting some more in another direction is much more tiring than just getting to let loose going down the floor in the fast break game. just think about driving a car through a slalom course and all of the energy expended on the suspension of the car to maintain traction.  same thing with a human running short curved distances or pivoting after short distances run, then running (sprinting) another short distance.  much more energy. it's like running little windsprints all night long for everyone else in the half court set when rondo overpasses himself to his league leading amount of dimes.

I knew you must have been a former point guard!! All the former power forwards and centers love Rondo.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good to see rondo back on track : No one said that Rondo shouldn't be a scorer.  I think everyone thinks Rondo should be a scorer just like he is and occasionally moreso and occasionally less depending on the needs of the team in any particular game. As determined by Rondo and his coach.

now you are onto exactly what i am talking about.  any given night rondo could score 10 points and be great for the team and there are some nights where the team could use him to score 25, maybe even 30 and give the vets a night off when there is a particularly poor point guard facing rondo.... like pooeh jeter.

the problem is that rondo doesn't have the skills to do the scoring needed on command (with the command being what doc would say or what's best for the team that night).  the jumper isn't there like it should be.  his aggressiveness is seriously altered (toward passivity) because he doesn't want to shoot free throws.  he passes up painfully open shots and layups most games.  that is almost never good. 

if you want to prove out what i am saying, just look at rondo's FTA per game among mid tier and up point guards.  i bet at 1.x FTA per game that rondo is dead last.  makes no sense for a guy with his quickness, eh?  he should be getting past his man and causing some havoc, and getting fouled some, right?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pliu. Show pliu's posts

Rondo can score more as he showed in the Chicago series a couple of years ago when Garnett was out.

What did he average? 19 ppg?

But if he scored more, the team would not win as much.   Rondo looking more for his own shot would be like Ray Allen looking more to setting up others.  In either case, they wuld be going away from their primary role and what they do best.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]Rondo can score more as he showed in the Chicago series a couple of years ago when Garnett was out. What did he average? 19 ppg? But if he scored more, the team would not win as much.   Rondo looking more for his own shot would be like Ray Allen looking more to setting up others.  In either case, they wuld be going away from their primary role and what they do best.
    Posted by pliu[/QUOTE]

i don't think anyone is calling for rondo to score 20 a night.  but there are nights where he should take certain lousy PG's in the league to the wood shed and in doing so give some or most of the big 3 a night off.  that's how good rondo is.  but alas, against most of those type of PG's this year, he has been largely passive.

that's my point.  rondo's scoring role with this team is really as needed.  his aggressiveness levels are as important as his scoring.  his aggressiveness is often lacking because he doesn't want to shoot FT and has low confidence in his jumper. 

as soon as he sorts that out, i think we have an mvp candidate.  seriously.  and does this old team need someone who can dump 30 in the playoffs at the PG spot?  yes, and rondo has done that, but he'll never be his best until he can go out there and draw fouls when he needs to. 

some occasional games that's 10 FTA's and others it might be 4.  but it should never wash out to be 1.7 average, that's inexcusable and his lowest ever. not the right trend.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pliu. Show pliu's posts

I think that what I said applies to crunch time as well.   Why should Rondo look more for his own offense at close out time when that's the reason we have Pierce, Allen and, to a lesser extent, Garnett?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]I think that what I said applies to crunch time as well.   Why should Rondo look more for his own offense at close out time when that's the reason we have Pierce, Allen and, to a lesser extent, Garnett?
    Posted by pliu[/QUOTE]

To avoid 4 on 5 situations like we saw last night. Even future HOFers will struggle all too often against double teams.

Good teams will force Rondo to shoot.

It would be nice if he could.

Pud