Good Win, but........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Good Win, but........

Whats up with all the turnovers?  This is something they have been doing for the past few years.  Why all the careless passes?  There were a couple of occassions  where Rondo overhelped and left ahis man open for 3s. 

TAKE CARE OF THE BALL!!!!!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

Re: Good Win, but........

When your team is based on passing and a motion offense, turnovers will happen. It is hard to control

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

It's just one game. The Celtics didn't play a perfect game yet they still beat the Heat. 

Let's see how they play tomorrow in Cleveland. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

Cs didn't play a good game at all. in the end, only W matters.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

I haven't checked the box scores but I'd bet the C's had over 20 turnovers. Fortunately they got away with it tonight with a big win. Doc will address it. You can count on it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

I don't believe you nd I watched the same game.For example have you noticed the percentage the heat shot from the floor.The celtics were the better team..Tonight,and if they stay reasonably healthy for the whole year.It will take a while for the Heat to become a cohesive club and may neverr have the team first attitude that the Celts personify.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

yes, lebron and wade had a TON of turnovers tonight.  i betcha 15 between the two of 'em. 

this was not a pretty game.  we had turnovers, offensive continuity issues, decent defensive intensity and on the other hand, miamee had lebron doing the ugliest ball hogging and bull dozing jobs i've ever seen.

if the refs ever start calling the bulldozer act for what it is (nobody else in league gets away with it) then bronnie will have to get a new shtick.  for goodness sakes, he has enough physical talent to juke people and get off an honest shot, even in the post w/o all the elbows and crap.

all said, we did fine.  we beat the "favorite" team of the east and kg was a turnover machine, rondo didn't score and nate had a bad shooting game and jermaine o'neal could have played the same from inside a casket with all of the nails in it. 

things will only get better from here for us.

for miami, i think they have a lot more of awful-to-look-at bronballhoggin to sit through and i don't think mike ("shy to shoot") miller is any sort of answer for them.  and when bron ain't ball hoggin, bosh will be shrinking from the challenge of doing anything but gunning open J's.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SShoreLurker. Show SShoreLurker's posts

Its Game 1 of 82.  Some nerves, big hype.  You can kiss this game goodbye for BOTH teams.  If you look back at the NBA season and determine October 26 as the signature moment of play for any team, let alone the Celtics, you are a complete fool.

Turn on the TV on Christmas day. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

No turn the TV on in May. This is the tune-up.

FWIW the C's had 18 TOs, the Heat 17.

Davis/Daniels/Robinson help off the bench / Wafer..the first of many DNPs

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Actually, worse than the turnovers, was the starters energy going down in the middle quarters. The TNT commentators noticed this as well; recall them talking about the Celtics walking the ball up and Doc trying to get Rondo to uptempo things even in the half court set. The subs played with energy, as is thier charge; let's hope Doc spreads the minutes some more tonight; my guess is that would lead to a bigger margin of victory.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Garnett is back, man he looked good on defense last night ... it is easy to forget how good he is, but that knee did not bother him at all.  He was all over the ball on D in those last few Heat attempts. 

Celts looked good, and will get better.   Can't say the same for the heat, in fact although LaBron scored 31 or so, the Celts still controlled him very well.  Just like the old Cleveland days. 

The only downfall to this season is that it is long, and Celts are an older team.  Hope Doc manages that better this year. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

When Perk comes back the bench gets deeper. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

My observation was that I saw a recurring problem. Rondo stops moving around from the third quarter on and the C's offense becomes stagnant. At the end he started to move and cut to the basket again.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

I felt as though the C's dominated the game until they let down and L'Brawn got hot. Is that line score correct..he didn't have any pf's??huh??

Other wise it seemed that the refs managed a pretty evenly called game.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Turnovers hurt for sure, but the reality is the Heat were never in this game from the get-go.

Consider, too, that Shaq missed three layups (please just throw it down, Shaq), the team missed about 10 free throws, and Nate went cold.  

When this team begins to click, they are going to be unbelievably talented.  Crazy good.  They might well have won that game last night by at least 20.

This is LeBron being LeBron:  He's unstoppable but always too late to the party.  Celts' defense turned the Heat into a perimeter team last night.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Good Win, but........:
    [QUOTE]Both teams had stretches of sloppy play. A lot of turnovers by both teams. I looked this objectively when I was there last night. I said the game would be won in the paint. The big difference in the game was points in the paint. There Big 3 v ours they have a slight edge, but I don't feel they have the complimentary pieces in place to go to the finals. I think the C's defense was better and there bench is deeper.
    Posted by DFURY13[/QUOTE]

I agree with you, but it was only the first game.  You really can't evaluate a team based on the first game.  We have to wait until at least two or three months, to get any indication of who will be the best teams in the East and whether the Heat is considered the best team.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

[QUOTE]My observation was that I saw a recurring problem. Rondo stops moving around from the third quarter on and the C's offense becomes stagnant. At the end he started to move and cut to the basket again.
    Posted by cabutan[/QUOTE]
    Great observation.  Doc has Rondo playing big minutes (41 last nite). Probably why he slows up.
    D West and Nate are going to have to share PG duties to give Rondo more gas in his tank come crunchtime.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Somebody said KG is back.  10 rebounds was great.  He did alot of tapping the ball to himself for rebounds.  Maybe it was me but he looked slow and did not seem to have any lift.  He "fronted" Bosh and allowed him to have an easy ally-oop dunk.  Earlier, Bosh easily blew by him baseline for a nasty dunk.  On a couple other occasions, KG was a step behind.  Bosh faked him out on a simple "pump fake" and drove around him.  KG went flying by on a simple pump fake of a jump shot.  Come on KG, you know better than that.

Offensively, he looked scared until he nailed 3 or 4 good jumpers.  But then he missed an easy put back dunk (back-rimmed it).  He was throwing the ball around instead of being aggressive with his shot (until he nailed those jumpers).

When KG makes a good defensively play, he claps and gets excited and WE see that and comment on it.  However, when guys just drive around him for easy baskets and "and ones" and he has that stupid look on his face, we don't talk about that.  I'd expect KG to know better than to turnover the ball with those nonsense "illegal pick" calls.

Walking down the court at times, he looked winded.  It's the first game and he'll get his legs but he's a long way off.  When you have 7 turnovers due to your desire to play unselfish, it's time to become selfish and put pressure on your defender.  KG simply let Bosh and then Haslem off the hook at times.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

[QUOTE]I felt as though the C's dominated the game until they let down and L'Brawn got hot. Is that line score correct..he didn't have any pf's??huh?? Other wise it seemed that the refs managed a pretty evenly called game.
    Posted by heirplain[/QUOTE]

Yeah not bad on the whole, but I still don't understand how a guy that drives to the hoop with Tony Allen-esque reckless abandon never gets called for a charge.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

tompenny, I appreciate your opinions and it's cool to disagree.  Bosh had 3 extremely easy buckets as if KG wasn't even there defending him.  Then KG played against Haslem too (as Baby checked Bosh) later in the game and Haslem ended up with 8 points and 11 rebounds (not all on KG).

I can't say I saw any deflections by KG and the steals were more a function of being in the right place because of horrible Miami passes than anything.  One of his steals was from the totally ill-advised cross court pass attempt by Wade to House.  Another steal was a terrible pass that bounced helplessly in the paint and KG just happened to be right there to pick the ball up.  But you're right, they counted as steals.

I know he will turn it around because it's early.  It was just what I observed during the game last night which is not how I think he will play tonight or throughout the season.  Oftentimes while watching the game, I'll scream "WHAT ARE YOU DOING".  Other than Rondo standing still dribbling and then launching up a 3 pointer that wasn't even close, oh, and Pierce's attempt to pass KG the ball that clanged off the backboard, I found myself saying "WHAT ARE YOU DOING" mostly from KG's play.

He just did not look as back as I expected, a year removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Guys,if i was a fan of another team, i would be scared to death of the C's. We have 10 players who can score double figures in any given game. We are still the best defensive team in the league. Pierce looks better than he has in the last 3 years. KG is way ahead of last year, we have with out a doubt the best bench in the league, Ray looks as good as ever, Rondo is better than ever, and Baby is becoming a force. Shaq fits in perfectly, so far and i don't see that changing.

I just don't see whats not to like about this years Celtic team.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]   Guys,if i was a fan of another team, i would be scared to death of the C's. We have 10 players who can score double figures in any given game. We are still the best defensive team in the league. Pierce looks better than he has in the last 3 years. KG is way ahead of last year, we have with out a doubt the best bench in the league, Ray looks as good as ever, Rondo is better than ever, and Baby is becoming a force. Shaq fits in perfectly, so far and i don't see that changing.  I just don't see whats not to like about this years Celtic team.
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]

Theres always plenty not to like but as of the first game... we won, nobody really hurt and showed signs of great play at times. Mostly some great defense.

Quis is looking very smooth both in last nights game and during preseason. He'll be huge for us if he can continue.  Nate & West, Baby & Quis with JO (hopfully he improves a bit) we got one heckuva bench with good defenders and real firepower.

KG, dont know what to think just yet. He definitely is moving much better than in the finals. Looks like hes got some lift too but hes been playing kinda soft, to tell you the truth.  Passed up some easy midrange shots early to make a turnover pass.. this unselfishness hes tagged with can be annoying.  Also, the alleyoop & Bosh drive by did not look good. His reactions still seem slow although hes in better physical condition than last year.  Hes still plenty good enough for us to take a title but hoping he gets better as the season progresses

Finally, Shaq is so cool to watch play. Those swingin on the rim jams in the 1st qtr got the place rockin.  The crowd loves him and its infectious I bet to the entire team... Plus he blocked the lane like a bulldozer. He clobbered Lebron on one drive and crushed Bosh on another. the fouls were a clear message..."Im not going for ball, Im going for body".  Thats no joke and I bet plenty of NBAers will think twice about etering the lane when the Big Shamrock lays the smackdown on them.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Karllost, spot on post.

I admit, Shaq missing all those layups was a cause of concern.  He missed 2 or 3 easy bunnies.  He hit his first 2 free throws and then went 1 - 6.  Even with that, I was very encouraged by his performance.  He conceivably could have had 16 or 17 points in just 18 minutes.  This all will come.  I'll take Shaq's last night's performance any day.

Rondo did a good job of distributing but when he's not shooting or hitting that outside shot, he becomes so limited offensively.  He's also starting to play off his man which allowed House to hit a few shots (Pierce did the same thing to James Jones).  Rondo made two difficult layups and that was it from him.  Seems that when he walks the ball up, he is so much less effective.