Goodbye Ray

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

Goodbye Ray

My favorite NBA player....but it's time. Your play tonight in the 2nd half of a 7th game was painful to watch tonight. I know you hurting but you never took a charge and laid yourself out for a loose ball....we need to committ to go younger. Thanks for the memories.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from docomospur. Show docomospur's posts

Re: Goodbye Ray

A class act, but Ray's time in the limelight has come and gone.  I don't expect to see him in Celtic green next season.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

We love you Ray - thanks for the memories.  We know you played hurt, and we love you for that - but...................unless you can take a huge pay cut and come off the bench next year - for 15 to 20 mins -I  agree with everyone else.  It's time to say goodbye!!

"Don't say hello when it's time to say goodbye." - Hubie Brown!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

He can be back, if it's off the bench and for a lot less money!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bird-to-DJ. Show Bird-to-DJ's posts

Someone please explain to me why you would not want one of the best spot up jump shooters (still) in NBA history on your team.  Yes it will be up to RA and how much $$ he wants or if he simply wants to go to the team with the best chance to win a title.  But do you all really want Etwon Moore as your back-up 2... and plaese no more OJ Mayo...

It is all about $$.  If RA decides he wants enough $$ that it limits DA's ability to fill other spots, then we make the correct business decisions and go elsewhere; but I absolutely want RA's shooting on this team next year.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: Goodbye Ray:
    [QUOTE]Someone please explain to me why you would not want one of the best spot up jump shooters (still) in NBA history on your team.  Yes it will be up to RA and how much $$ he wants or if he simply wants to go to the team with the best chance to win a title.  But do you all really want Etwon Moore as your back-up 2... and plaese no more OJ Mayo... It is all about $$.  If RA decides he wants enough $$ that it limits DA's ability to fill other spots, then we make the correct business decisions and go elsewhere; but I absolutely want RA's shooting on this team next year.
    Posted by Bird-to-DJ[/QUOTE]

Only for a small salary and if he'll agree to come off the bench - he can't cover anyone anymore.  Shooting is only half the game!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Ray off the bench for a small contract will be more valuable than Pietrus off the bench.  If he gets off season surgery he is probably looking at mini-mid contract.  If Boston puts together a decent roster, Ray will be valuable.  If not, I will wish him good luck and will reember his Celtics days fondly.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

In response to "Re: Goodbye Ray": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Goodbye Ray : Only for a small salary and if he'll agree to come off the bench - he can't cover anyone anymore.  Shooting is only half the game!! Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE] Thanks for explaining Hedley...some folks just don't get it. This is a young man's league... Ray wil be a year older and a step even slower.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Ray is in the best shape of the big three.  Next year after surgery his effectiveness may be limited.  But in 3 or 4 years, he will be the one who is still playing.

Paul is the one who seems to me to be breaking down.  My favorite player but he'll have to change his role as well.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them go to a SanAntonio model next year and keep all three at a voluntary pay cut.

13. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts