Goodbye.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics2008Champs. Show Celtics2008Champs's posts

Goodbye.

The Celtics season is over if we cant pull this all together in the next 10 games.
    Doc is leaving. KG, shaq, JO and Ray are retiring. Pierce will get bored of having a .500 win percentage and wont be himself. Big Baby is leaving. Rondo will get traded. Jeff Green will sign 2 years or less.  The Lakers will win banner 18 before us. The Heat will be the Champs of the East. I gave up faith on March 19, 2011. Thanks for the win in '08, Celts. I will always be a Boston Celtics fan! ;]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Re: Goodbye.

Bandwagoner!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Goodbye.:
    [QUOTE]The Celtics season is over if we cant pull this all together in the next 10 games. Doc is leaving. KG, shaq, JO and Ray are retiring. Pierce will get bored of having a .500 win percentage and wont be himself. Big Baby is leaving. Rondo will get traded. Jeff Green will sign 2 years or less.  The Lakers will win banner 18 before us. The Heat will be the Champs of the East. I gave up faith on March 19, 2011. Thanks for the win in '08, Celts. I will always be a Boston Celtics fan! ;]
    Posted by Celtics2008Champs[/QUOTE]

Very negative post!  I still believe that the Celtics can have a good playoff run. Not sure about KG and Ray retiring.  Shaq and Jermaine may retire.  I really hope that you are wrong about the Lakers winning banner 18 before us.  Hopefully, someone else besides the Lakers will win this year if the Celtics don't. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

You sure don't sound like a Celtic fan.  And your Jordan icon is quite an odd choice.  Who are you, you are no Celtic fan?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics2008Champs. Show Celtics2008Champs's posts

Look at other posts, I am a Celtics fan. I love Rajon. he and KG are my favorite players. I hope the Celtics win it all. I am quickly loosing faith. I am just very sad on how poorly the Celts are playing. I will always HATE the Lakers and Love the Celtics. And we all agree that Jordan was the best player to play the game. If the Celtics win tonight and look good, ill make a different post. God Bless the Celts ;)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Goodbye.:
    [QUOTE]The Celtics season is over if we cant pull this all together in the next 10 games. Doc is leaving. KG, shaq, JO and Ray are retiring. Pierce will get bored of having a .500 win percentage and wont be himself. Big Baby is leaving. Rondo will get traded. Jeff Green will sign 2 years or less.  The Lakers will win banner 18 before us. The Heat will be the Champs of the East. I gave up faith on March 19, 2011. Thanks for the win in '08, Celts. I will always be a Boston Celtics fan! ;]

As long as Danny is around, Rondo will be around.  I think about 98% of the posters on this board view Rondo as some sort of stud-building-block-start-a-team-with-him-perennial-all-star-defensive-something-or-other......

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: Goodbye.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Goodbye. : Very negative post!  I still believe that the Celtics can have a good playoff run. Not sure about KG and Ray retiring.  Shaq and Jermaine may retire.  I really hope that you are wrong about the Lakers winning banner 18 before us.  Hopefully, someone else besides the Lakers will win this year if the Celtics don't. 
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]

There are 10 million reasons why Ray is not retiring and 21.2 million reasons KG is not retiring but I am not sure how a lockout affects their guaranteed salaries.  If they do indeed get paid during the lock out then we may never see them again but if there is a season, they will be here.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]This team is starting to make me sick...
    Posted by RicoCeltic[/QUOTE]

I have seen this written in several other posts......

Superstars go to where there are superstars - they don't go to where there is not even a legitimate star, a new coach, perhaps a new GM, and lots and lots of cold weather.

If there is a lockout next year it will likely result in a much lower and hard salary cap.  This will greatly limit the amount of player movement.

Additionally, it will likely have kids staying in school a lot longer because GMs will no longer draft based on potential because they will not be able to afford to have kids sitting on the bench and taking 3 years to develop and at the same time taking up a salary slot.

So I think given these two very simple concepts - there is ZERO chance Howard will be here in 2012 and there is ZERO chance Rivers will be out of school in 2012, especially if they continue to pursue a rule to have kids be out of high school for at least two years as opposed to the current one year rule.....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Good riddance

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics2008Champs. Show Celtics2008Champs's posts

[QUOTE]This team is starting to make me sick...
    Posted by RicoCeltic[/QUOTE]
    thanks! me too!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

as long as danny is around, Rondo will be around. and as long as Rondo is your starting pg, theres no chance of winning a championship right dudder? oh wait..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from potging. Show potging's posts

a quitter is always a loser....

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]as long as danny is around, Rondo will be around. and as long as Rondo is your starting pg, theres no chance of winning a championship right dudder? oh wait..
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

Actually I find the whole Rondo debate kind of funny....

In the last 20 years or so most of the titles were won by teams without marginal at best point guards.

6 Bulls titles - please name a point guard of any consequence, 5 Lakers - Derek Fisher - please, 5 Spurs - a couple with Parker.

The only other good point guard that has won a title in the past 20 years is Chauncy Billups and he played on a team that sent 4 starters to the all-star game.

While Chocolate with the Heat - please.

Steve Nash, Jason Kidd, C Paul, Deron Williams, Russell Westbrook no rings all easily and without question better than Rondo....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from allen2034. Show allen2034's posts

im glad that you arent a fan no more and you gave up...it will only make it better when we see you posting like an idiot about how good the celtics are once they are in the playoffs...I hate fans like you...its either you are a fan through the good and bad or you just arent...go root for some other team you loser

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

No need to say goodbye...

If youre a real Celtics fan, then you went through alot worse last season.. the C's were horse**** the last half of the season and going into the playoffs.

SO, although I dont like leaning on that crutch from last season... like the C's can turn it on in the playoffs, you have had to be willing to weather the storm then... this season should be a piece of cake.

Im frustrated and curse the TV sometimes and post some krap on this forum too about the players, coach etc..

But come the next tip off...Im all Celtics.. I go through this process constantly.. can be hazardous to your health... but its what I live for (in sports)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from b126962. Show b126962's posts

In Response to Goodbye.:
    Settle down, nobody on that list is retiring, and Rondo just signed an extension. KG is making over 20 million next year, and Ray is making 10. Would they honestly walk away from that when they can still play at an All Star level. Doc may leave and so may Baby, but neither of those are the end of the world. Green can effectively replace Baby. For coaches, Jerry Sloan? Danny does have to start taking some draft picks that you can build a team around though. There is a life after the Big 3, and that life starts in 2013.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Goodbye. : Settle down, nobody on that list is retiring, and Rondo just signed an extension. KG is making over 20 million next year, and Ray is making 10. Would they honestly walk away from that when they can still play at an All Star level. Doc may leave and so may Baby, but neither of those are the end of the world. Green can effectively replace Baby. For coaches, Jerry Sloan? Danny does have to start taking some draft picks that you can build a team around though. There is a life after the Big 3, and that life starts in 2013.
    Posted by b126962[/QUOTE]

You are correct KG and Ray will combine for over $30 million next year, problem is there will be no next year.

Then the year after salaries will have declined dramatically under the new CBA with a hard salary cap.

That means player movement will be stifled and teams will no longer draft on potential because they cannot afford salary slots that do not produce, so kids will stay in school longer.

By then Jerry Sloan will be 71.

You cannot get draft picks that you can build with if you draft near the end every year - Perk, Allen, West, Giddens, Walker, Green, Greene, Bradley, and so on.

One of three things can happen -

Danny can go through the inevitable trough - 3 to 5 years in the lottery

Danny can attempt to replace the BIG 3 with 3 stars and cross his fingers

Danny can ride off into the sunset because he will have nothing to build with and a heart condition and grandchildren that he probably would like to spend some time with......

Compiling the BIG 3 he bought a window - the window is closing.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jokerblue. Show Jokerblue's posts

Rondo have to win the ring this year or go trash. Is his last opportunity to retein a good contract.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]Rondo have to win the ring this year or go trash. Is his last opportunity to retein a good contract.
    Posted by Jokerblue[/QUOTE]

He has a gigantically excessive contract right now.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Goodbye.:
    Posted by Celtics2008Champs[/QUOTE]wa wa .. u are not a fannnn! u r an opportunist! dont worry u will be bak when things are obviously good again within a week when shaq returns! is this the kind of loyalty u show your wife and kids?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

Nah, the Celtics are a big time team. We are in the NBA equivalent to the MLB dog days of August. The air miles are adding up, the minutes played by our starters starting to take their toll on the minds and bodies. 

The good news is the playoffs are 14 games and counting away. We are in the tournament. Will might or might not have home court advantage, which is very real, but only because refs call game based on the mood of crowd, looks like maybe not. Will we have the deepest bench in the NBA and that will present a force no teams wants to deal with.

As for next year? Danny a proven creative innovator and you have to like his track record.  

Sections
Shortcuts