Gortat Got 60m

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Re: Gortat Got 60m

NBA is sounding more and more like a pretty good place to work.  Do they provide day care and free hair cuts?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

He's 30. We're rebuilding. Square peg meet round hole. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Like I said before, if Ainge can get a Love-type-caliber player in a trade, then I wanted a guy like Gortat, but if we are going into tankapolooza 2.0 then I would like to see Fav or Joel out there or sign a guy like Hill to a small short contract

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:

Don't forget we have Colton Iverson who could end up making Faverani expendable.

Yep, and I was just thinking that.

I cant wait to see Iverson out there in SLeague. I hope he tears it up.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

60 for Gortat? this is once again, that time of the season where some teams just overspend..is better to wait. After all, only a handful # of players deserve big contracts.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

Wait till Hayward and the "Big Phony" Monroe get signed.  They will be disgustingly overpaid too. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In response to CelticGreenLP's comment:

Wait till Hayward and the "Big Phony" Monroe get signed.  They will be disgustingly overpaid too. 

yup.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

60m for 5 years.

So those expecting Ainge making a move to get Gortat, that's not possible anymore.

Players are getting crazy money this free agency, $60M/5yr ?

WOW

At this rate, the Celtics will be lucky to keep Hump for under $5M and Avery is probably gone , also , I guess Pierce for the Mid-Level is another pipe dream ? 

I heard the Suns were going to let Leandro Barbosa walk, maybe they could get him for under $3M ? I'd rather have Barbosa than this Bazman guy from the Lakers......And certainly, Leandro Barbosa is better than Phil Pressey....

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

Barbosa is 31 years old.

Why would you want him on a rebuilding team?

Barbosa played great for the Celtics until he got hurt, he's fully recovered and there's no room for in in PHX, he's a solid talent for $3M or less, just like Greg Stiesma , also , there are 15 roster spots.......Barbosa would also be cheaper than Mario Chalmers, so actually he's be perfect for a rebuilding team on a 1yr contract

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sycophant123. Show sycophant123's posts

In response to CelticGreenLP's comment:

Gortat is a good center and he works extremely hard. I don't see 12 a year being totally out of whack. that is what Hump was getting paid.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Him and Livingston and we would have had two good players.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to romneywins' comment:

Gortat is a good player and worth the money in an overpaid league.  It appears though that without a trade out there this team will be at the bottom for a very long time.  I missed last year on the board and Barbosa(another small guard) and Livingston should not even be in the conversation for this team.  They will do nothing but make us less young and in my opinion mediocre in a much more negative sense.  We need Danny to make a deal or build slowly a new team with a future two to three years away. No news to anybody that is what we are doing.

Two good players is not the solution if you're a rebuilding team.

If you're a rebuilding team, find the great players first.

After that, you add the likes of Gortat and Livingston.

Celts investing in Gortat and Livingston now would just be a waste of time and money.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

In response to romneywins' comment:

Well mabey so, but at least the games next year would be interesting to watch.

Two good players is not the solution if you're a rebuilding team.

If you're a rebuilding team, find the great players first.

After that, you add the likes of Gortat and Livingston.

Celts investing in Gortat and Livingston now would just be a waste of time and money.

Sections
Shortcuts