Got to make a stand

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

Got to make a stand

Got to make a position now and not a month later or in middle of playoffs.   My position is that I like the KP trade.   But, I don't like the Murphy/Pavlovic aquisitions.   I would rather Powe and I think (only think cause I'm not a full time scout and haven't seen much of him this yr) Rasual Butler.   I think Murphy/Pavlovic are really gonna disappoint when they continue to miss wide open jumpers (a la EHouse).   Why not?   They've been inconsistant shooters their whole careers.   Why would they change now.   Because they'll play w/ RR?   I don't think that matters.   SP played w/ LBJ.   Murphy didn't wow anybody when he was younger (failed expectations).   Nobody's told me that Powes knees are the reason he hasn't played much this yr.   I thought that when he was w/ the C's,  that the duo of LP and BB was a match up other teams couldn't handle and they weren't even in the games at the same time most of the time.   Two energy guys off the bench w/ sort of different games.   Both good on the O boards.   But BB did much of his damage starting from 18' out, while LP from the post/ back to the basket position.
       I always root for the C's, but I'll be ready for the disappointment when the bench still doesn't give any help w/ scoring (maybe different if West stays healthy).   With all the C's players and pick-ups, they still only have one post up player.   And, that is Shaq.   20 players go thru the organization and still minimal inside game.
       All of you can beat me up but at least I put myself on record of what I think about DA/Papile.   I still feel that if these C's teams only win one 'Ship, then they will not have reached their full potential.   And the reason will have to be DA/Papile for dismantling the championship team of 3yrs ago.  (I'm not only gonna blame Wyc.   He has to be convinced of moves, or not moves, by DA/P).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Re: Got to make a stand

Get over over Powe already.....

Bring back Pickney, Gamble, Dee Brown, Sherman Douglas.....

and the Perk trade doesnt even hold water to the Danny Aignes trade back in the late 80s.....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

In Response to Got to make a stand:
    [QUOTE]   Got to make a position now and not a month later or in middle of playoffs.   My position is that I like the KP trade.   But, I don't like the Murphy/Pavlovic aquisitions.   I would rather Powe and I think (only think cause I'm not a full time scout and haven't seen much of him this yr) Rasual Butler.   I think Murphy/Pavlovic are really gonna disappoint when they continue to miss wide open jumpers (a la EHouse).   Why not?   They've been inconsistant shooters their whole careers.   Why would they change now.   Because they'll play w/ RR?   I don't think that matters.   SP played w/ LBJ.   Murphy didn't wow anybody when he was younger (failed expectations).   Nobody's told me that Powes knees are the reason he hasn't played much this yr.   I thought that when he was w/ the C's,  that the duo of LP and BB was a match up other teams couldn't handle and they weren't even in the games at the same time most of the time.   Two energy guys off the bench w/ sort of different games.   Both good on the O boards.   But BB did much of his damage starting from 18' out, while LP from the post/ back to the basket position.    I always root for the C's, but I'll be ready for the disappointment when the bench still doesn't give any help w/ scoring (maybe different if West stays healthy).   With all the C's players and pick-ups, they still only have one post up player.   And, that is Shaq.   20 players go thru the organization and still minimal inside game.    All of you can beat me up but at least I put myself on record of what I think about DA/Papile.   I still feel that if these C's teams only win one 'Ship, then they will not have reached their full potential.   And the reason will have to be DA/Papile for dismantling the championship team of 3yrs ago.  (I'm not only gonna blame Wyc.   He has to be convinced of moves, or not moves, by DA/P).
    Posted by docc[/QUOTE]
    You think powe and butler outscore murphy and pavlovic  bwaaahahahahaHA

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

They'd shoot a better % and go to the line more (Powe).   If you watched the Warriors game then you woulda seen Murphy miss 2 wide open Js.   This gave more momentum to GSW to decrease the C's lead to 1.   If TM was signed for his outside shooting, well we just saw things to come.   He's not a consistant shooter from the outside and can't post up.   He looks long, but he doesn't block shots.   These are the reasons that teams he centers never do well.   More (or less) to come.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

In Response to Re: Got to make a stand:
    [QUOTE]   They'd shoot a better % and go to the line more (Powe).   If you watched the Warriors game then you woulda seen Murphy miss 2 wide open Js.   This gave more momentum to GSW to decrease the C's lead to 1.   If TM was signed for his outside shooting, well we just saw things to come.   He's not a consistant shooter from the outside and can't post up.   He looks long, but he doesn't block shots.   These are the reasons that teams he centers never do well.   More (or less) to come.
    Posted by docc[/QUOTE]

Shows that you are very simple minded. Murphy has not played in a while and it was just his second game as a member of the Celtics.

The Celtics will play 22 more games. I think you need to stay longer in the incubator because you're premature in coming to a conclusion that Murphy is no good after playing 2 games for the Cs.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

You took your stand prematurely, what's the rush? Murphy hasn't seen court action in a long time. 

" I would rather Powe and I think (only think cause I'm not a full time scout and haven't seen much of him this yr) Rasual Butler. "

There's no guarantee we could have had Butler, in fact he chose the Bulls over the Celtics prior to the Celtics signing Pav. So you screwed that part of your theory up - the Celts would have signed Butler over Pav as well but he chose another team. So to make your argument you must pick a different player who was still available when the Celts signed Pav. Powe qualifies, however Powe plays a different position and the Celts wanted another outside shooter. You might disagree with that analysis but I hope you realize that Powe's all gimped up and was cut by the Cavs, not a really good team. He had a very mediocre season there. 

You may want to keep in mind that Powe chose the Grizzlies over two more competetive teams, the Heat and the Knicks, so assuming he would have come back to Boston is a mistake. Powe is going to wind up riding the pine for a so-so Grizzlies team. Look, I'm not saying that Murphy and Pav are going to be great additions to the Celts. But for you to argue that our season is going down the tubes because we didn't sign a guy that couldn't average 6 points a game for the lowly Cavs - that's ridiculous. 

If you like the Perk trade, which I'm not sure yet I do, then it's basically like saying you had a terrible meal even though the steak was great because you didn't like the after dinner mint.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoahJustin. Show NoahJustin's posts

I remember Kevin McHale coming back from an injury and it also took him 3 or 4 games to shake off the rust. Murphy will be fine, he hasn't had much time to mesh or get his game back.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

It's a buy out boys ---means "REJECTs"
    don't expect gold inside......leftover players

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

Troll, what do you mean that you are not sure if you like the Perk trade yet?   What are you waiting for?   If C's play well, you like it.   If not then you don't?   The original thread is to make a stand now from your b-ball knowledge.   Many of you say 'Murphy is rusty'.   Well, he must have been rusty for the past 8yrs.   Have the Pacers been in the playoffs in all his yrs there?...wonder why!  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]   Troll, what do you mean that you are not sure if you like the Perk trade yet?   What are you waiting for?   If C's play well, you like it.   If not then you don't?   The original thread is to make a stand now from your b-ball knowledge.   Many of you say 'Murphy is rusty'.   Well, he must have been rusty for the past 8yrs.   Have the Pacers been in the playoffs in all his yrs there?...wonder why!  
    Posted by docc[/QUOTE]

Murphy's career average is 11.8 ppg and 8.5 rpg. He's also shooting 39% from beyond the arc for his career. Saying that Murphy must have been rusty the past 8 years is not accurate. In fact, it makes you an idiot!

If you're on a bad team it doesn't automatically make you a bad player. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from partbat. Show partbat's posts

[QUOTE]   Troll, what do you mean that you are not sure if you like the Perk trade yet?   What are you waiting for?   If C's play well, you like it.   If not then you don't?   The original thread is to make a stand now from your b-ball knowledge.   Many of you say 'Murphy is rusty'.   Well, he must have been rusty for the past 8yrs.   Have the Pacers been in the playoffs in all his yrs there?...wonder why!  
    Posted by docc[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from partbat. Show partbat's posts

Posted by docc[/QUOTE]
    weel it was not because of morphy. there were more players playing alongside murphy, so why should murphy be blamed for not making the playoffs?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

DA/Papile.  Who is Papile?  Excuse me for not knowing what you are referring to.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from b126962. Show b126962's posts

[QUOTE]   They'd shoot a better % and go to the line more (Powe).   If you watched the Warriors game then you woulda seen Murphy miss 2 wide open Js.   This gave more momentum to GSW to decrease the C's lead to 1.   If TM was signed for his outside shooting, well we just saw things to come.   He's not a consistant shooter from the outside and can't post up.   He looks long, but he doesn't block shots.   These are the reasons that teams he centers never do well.   More (or less) to come.
    Posted by docc[/QUOTE]
    Murphy hasn't played in over a month and hasn't had consistent playing time all year. He is expected to be rusty.

Sections
Shortcuts