Grab Asik, trade green, Bass, Crawford, Lee then resign Pierce and K.G for vet mins and go for it...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from makonikyman. Show makonikyman's posts

Grab Asik, trade green, Bass, Crawford, Lee then resign Pierce and K.G for vet mins and go for it...

Listen....Pierce...even at this age, is much better than Green. Dump him while you can. Bass and a pick and hopefully Lee will get you Asik. Draft the best PG and SF with your 2 picks next yr and go with this team

C.      Asik/ KG/fav

PF.      Sully/ only/ 

SF.       Pierce/ draft pick

SG.      Bradley/ ?

PG.       Rondo/ draft pick

that's 11 right there. Pierce n KG play 20/25 mins n teach these young bucks how to play and be pros. You'd need a vet that can shoot it off the bench to back up Bradley but that's it. I'm not saying that this team would win a title....but you never know. A lot would hinge on the rooks and sully and Bradley but they would learn from 2 great celtics.    

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from makonikyman. Show makonikyman's posts

Re: Grab Asik, trade green, Bass, Crawford, Lee then resign Pierce and K.G for vet mins and go for it...

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Unfortunately, KG won't become a free-agent until the summer of 2015.

[/QUOTE]

That's too bad....then I would give Jersey a pick back for him. Having him teach Asik, Fav, and only is worth it alone...

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from makonikyman. Show makonikyman's posts

Re: Grab Asik, trade green, Bass, Crawford, Lee then resign Pierce and K.G for vet mins and go for it...

[QUOTE]

In response to makonikyman's comment:

[QUOTE]

That's too bad....then I would give Jersey a pick back for him. Having him teach Asik, Fav, and only is worth it alone...

[/QUOTE]

That's very unlikely because KG can't be traded back to Boston for at least a year.

So by the time the Celts are able to trade for KG, KG would be 38 years old.

It's not a good investment trading a 1st round pick for a 38-year old player.

[/QUOTE]

I would still sign pierce for the vets min and have the lotto pick SF play with him for a yr or 2. Green has to go if we can get ANYTHING for him. He is by no means the answer to the future of the C's. I like the Rondo, Bradley, Sully, Asik foursome. It's just to bad we didn't have a vintage PP to go with them. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to makonikyman's comment:

I would still sign pierce for the vets min and have the lotto pick SF play with him for a yr or 2. Green has to go if we can get ANYTHING for him. He is by no means the answer to the future of the C's. I like the Rondo, Bradley, Sully, Asik foursome. It's just to bad we didn't have a vintage PP to go with them. 

Agree.

I think signing Pierce for the vet's minimum next season is a good move.

[/QUOTE]

It would be good to see Pierce return to the Celtics next season.  Even if the Celtics aren't very successful at least he could retire with the Celtics.  Although, I am very disappointed that the Nets are such a bad team this season.  I really wanted them to be successful this season. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

They are both done You can sign them for one day three years from now and retire numbers.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Havlicek off the bench, JoJo White go to scorer, Cowens protecting the rim, we are  set,  Well with two or three other seniors and a couple o wheel chairs and two hurri-canes

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to billge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

They are both done You can sign them for one day three years from now and retire numbers.

[/QUOTE]

You may be right.  I wouldn't be surprised if Pierce and KG both decided to retire when the season ends.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulliu. Show paulliu's posts

I guess Pierce and Garnett aren't walking through that door.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulliu. Show paulliu's posts

It is painful to watch Pierce and. especially, Garnett.

It's  like watching Willie Mays slide into first base in 1973.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Asik isn't walking throuh those doors..............

Sections
Shortcuts