In response to debrit's comment:
In response to wfdog's comment:
In response to BirdLewsBias's comment:
Well our one saving grace may be that Ainge drafts pretty good...with the exception of Giddens.
My grades for Ainge
A=5, B=4, C=3, D=2, E=1, F=0
Coach hiring - A
Free Agents - B
Trades - D
Drafting - A
Contract Extensions - B
Salary Cap Managment - B
Overall Score = 24
Avg Grade = B
If we are fair that's probably about right. I'd like to see what some of your grades are for him...this should be funny.
Danny and the Demise of the Celts:
- Traded Perk and didn't get Harden
- Took poor chances on older bigs like Shaq, JO, and Sheed which didn't pan out
- Through in Semih on a trade just to create a roster spot
- Let Krstic and Darko walk
- Balked at trading RA but told him, so he left
- Never signed a pure back-up PG
- Gave KG a no trade clause
- Didn't take Nets offer of Brooks, Humphries, & 1st rd choice for PP at the deadline
- Didn't force KG's hand on the possible deadline deal with the Clipps for Jordan, Bledsoe, & 1st rd choice
- Didn't take 10 day contract fliers on Birdman & KMart
- Lost Doc to Clipps
- Lost opportunity of KG going to Clipps for 1sr rd choice when NBA had to step in
Now the roster has many multi-year contracts, we have no coach, no top 10 draft choices, and DA is getting offered 50 cents on the dollar for PP & KG!
Ainge doesn't draft "good" in first rounds. He's better in the second, but he still earns a C- in that category. He can't hold onto his own FAs through indifference: F. Can't build in a methodical strategic way - no patience or vision: F. Only signs castoffs and washed-ups: F. Hiring a coach? A, but ... Has offended his best player by talking about trading everyone. Management: F. And on and on. Time for a change; a change to someone who possesses everything Danny Boy doesn't. In total, it's called "competence".