Grading Ainge

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Re: Grading Ainge

In response to debrit's comment:

In response to wfdog's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to BirdLewsBias's comment:

[QUOTE]Bunch of stupid idiots.

Well our one saving grace may be that Ainge drafts pretty good...with the exception of Giddens.

My grades for Ainge

A=5, B=4, C=3, D=2, E=1, F=0

Coach hiring - A

Free Agents - B

Trades - D

Drafting - A

Contract Extensions - B

Salary Cap Managment - B

Overall Score = 24

Avg Grade = B

If we are fair that's probably about right. I'd like to see what some of your grades are for him...this should be funny.

Danny and the Demise of the Celts:

• Traded Perk and didn't get Harden
    • Took poor chances on older bigs like Shaq, JO, and Sheed which didn't pan out
    • Through in Semih on a trade just to create a roster spot
    • Let Krstic and Darko walk
    • Balked at trading RA but told him, so he left
    • Never signed a pure back-up PG
    • Gave KG a no trade clause
    • Didn't take Nets offer of Brooks, Humphries, & 1st rd choice for PP at the deadline
    • Didn't force KG's hand on the possible deadline deal with the Clipps for Jordan, Bledsoe, & 1st rd choice
    • Didn't take 10 day contract fliers on Birdman & KMart
    • Lost Doc to Clipps
    • Lost opportunity of KG going to Clipps for 1sr rd choice when NBA had to step in

Now the roster has many multi-year contracts, we have no coach, no top 10 draft choices, and DA is getting offered 50 cents on the dollar for PP & KG!

GRADE= C-

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ainge doesn't draft "good" in first rounds. He's better in the second, but he still earns a C- in that category. He can't hold onto his own FAs through indifference: F.  Can't build in a methodical strategic way - no patience or vision: F.  Only signs castoffs and washed-ups: F.  Hiring a coach? A, but ...  Has offended his best player by talking about trading everyone. Management: F.  And on and on.  Time for a change; a change to someone who possesses everything Danny Boy doesn't.  In total, it's called "competence". 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to debrit's comment:

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

[QUOTE]

Well our one saving grace may be that Ainge drafts pretty good...with the exception of Giddens.

My grades for Ainge

Coach hiring - A

Free Agents - B

Trades - D

Drafting - A

Contract Extensions - B

Salary Cap Managment - B

Overall Score = 24

Avg Grade = B

If we are fair that's probably about right. I'd like to see what some of your grades are for him...this should be funny.

Stupid post.D for trades.He traded for Garnet and Allen.you call it a failure?
    He brought in Kristic and Darko,Doc was responsable for them leaving

Why you guys hate Danny?

[/QUOTE]

Doc's not responsible for Darko leaving.  Neither is Daqnny.  Darko is responsible because he didn't want to step up and learn to play the offensive and defensive scheme.  Its no accident that Darko was a draft bust and failed everywhere he was.   

I don't hate Danny, but I am massively disappointed in some of his draft choices and in his horrible management of big men.  He changed the team every year beyond the top 4 or 5 players.  One year, he got rid of everyone and went to Arroyo, Murphy, etc.  Another year he goes to China and D-League big men.  He's let us down tremendously by not getting a decent (not great, just decent) center.   So, I do blame him for KG having to play center.

Give Danny a B- or C+.   Great trades with KG and Ray and Rondo and BBD.  Horrible grades on drafts and big men.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

In response to teejaytee70's comment:

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

My grades for Ainge

Coach hiring - A

Free Agents - B

Trades - D

Drafting - A

Contract Extensions - B

Salary Cap Managment - B

Overall Score = 24

Avg Grade = B

I agree with most of your grades, but a D in trades?????  Garnett trade, Allen trade, Jeff Green for Perk,  traded with Suns to get Rondo.  If anything, I'd give him a lower grade for free agents - maybe a C and it's not all his fault.  When he signed Wallace, that was universally regarded as a great move by everyone, but who knew Wallace was going to kick back with his feet up and coast into retirement.  Shaq was a good gamble - 1 year, veteran minimum, what did we lose by that.  J.O. was another dog.  Courtney Lee was an awful move.  We're all miffed that we couldn't bring in a good big man in the last couple of years, but there really haven't been any available either.

Agreed, I'd give a higher grade for trades -- KG, Allen and to a lesser extent Jeff Green are trades where the C's were clearly the winner.  (You could debate that the Perk for Green trade hurt them in the short term in the finals but will benefit them in the long term as they rebuild.)  DA also traded for Rondo.  Re: free agents, I think that DA has had a much spottier track record there.  

Look, the Celts got to two(?) finals, the ECF and the playoffs consistently with the big three.  I generally think DA's approach of drafting the best player available and accumulating assets such as young players and additional draft picks is a solid way to build a team.  I like his approach, and I hope he's here for many more years, or at least until time proves his approach is flawed -- if it is.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

The Jiri Welsch trade got us Ray Allen which got us KG.

No one ever mentions that.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Grade on tonight's draft - D