Grading the C's to date!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Grading the C's to date!

Below are my grades for each player on the team to date:

Rondo - B + - has played really good at times, but not great

KG - A - playing great for his age and the minutes on his body

Pierce - B - to many turnovers, but has shown he can still carry the team on certain nights

Bass - D - does nothing well, and is anything but consistent 

Lee - C - does not fit into the offense well, often late rotating out to defend open shooters

Green - D -  - has under achieved to date, biggest disappointment of the season 

Sully - A + - playing good and getting better each game, biggest surprise of the season! 

Collins - C - he is who we thought he was

Terry - C - not generating enough offense late in games

Bradley - B + - has provided defensive spark the last few games. Will get better as the season progresses

Wilcox - C + - serviceable back-up when healthy

Barbosa - B - would love to see him play more, needs to learn to fight through screens! 

Joseph - C - doing a great job practicing with the Cs and playing for the Redclaws 

Fab Melo - B -  - would have been higher, but can't give to much credit to someone who walks into a door and knocks himself out! 

Varnado - incomplete 

I will be interested to read everyone else's thoughts on this topic! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: Grading the C's to date!

Agree with you for the most part, good post

Lee has been just as dissapointing as Green, maybe more so. I actually give Lee a D+ for his overall play and impact and Green a C-. Look at the stats. Green is basically a 10/3 guy and was not expected to start at either F spot w/ PP/Bass returning starters. I was expecting Green to maybe be around a 12/4 in the first 30 games (remember he's coming off heart surgery) and then in the last 50 games raise his level of play to like a 16/5, he has underachieved a little to this point... if he is still a 10/3 guy in April we can get upset b/c he will need to be a much bigger impact guy then Lee will have to be by the playoffs b/c Avery is back.

Lee shot a terrible 32% from 3 when he was up around 40 for his career. We expected an energetic younger SG after years of Ray, a guy whose overall defense and ability to run with Rondo and create his own shot would make his overall impact the same or greater than the departed Ray, while shooting like 40% to Ray's 45%, taking the starting job from day 1, not giving it back to Avery w/o a fight, and getting 13-15ppg these first 30 games. Instead he gave us 6-7 points and couldn't hit shots until very recently.

Sully doesn't deserve an A+ either. He's slowly improved sure, but has been a 6/6 guy for most of the first two months, as many here predicted. He has a shot to maybe be an 11/8 guy by the last 2 months. If he is giving us a 16/10 performance every other night in Feb/March then I will give him an A+. For a college all-american who would've been a top 10 pick if not for back concerns, a 6/6 out the gate is what should have been expected (as long as their were no health issues). I give him a B+. He's also clearly in need of reshaping his body. He's listed at 260 but is obviously more like 270. Cutting off 25lbs of fat and adding 10 lbs of muscle... to be 255 and MUCH more chisled will make a world of difference.

Pretty much agree with all the other grades.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

I would give KG a B.  He needs to be more aggressive rebounding and low post on offense.

Pierce a B-.  He needs to raise his shooting percentage and go to the boards more like last night.

Rondo a B+.  He needs to play better Defense and cut down on turnovers a slite bit.

Bass a C.  He is starting to get into the swing the last few games.  If he can be consistant like last season, he will move up to a B.

I give Lee a C+ because of his def but he needs to be more consistant on the offensive end.

Terry gets a C because his offense needs to pick up but his defense is what it is and that's not why he's on this team.

Wilcox a D because he is an asset but needs to stay healthy.

Green gets a C but I hope a B+ by the end of the regular season.  He just needs to get more aggressive.

Sully an A, his play speaks for itself.  You can't ask for more from a rookie  but we would like to be pleasantly surprised.

Of course the last couple games have swayed these ranks to the positive for most of these guys.  Lets hope the keep the recent play up.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

Agree with you for the most part, good post

Lee has been just as dissapointing as Green, maybe more so. I actually give Lee a D+ for his overall play and impact and Green a C-. Look at the stats. Green is basically a 10/3 guy and was not expected to start at either F spot w/ PP/Bass returning starters. I was expecting Green to maybe be around a 12/4 in the first 30 games (remember he's coming off heart surgery) and then in the last 50 games raise his level of play to like a 16/5, he has underachieved a little to this point... if he is still a 10/3 guy in April we can get upset b/c he will need to be a much bigger impact guy then Lee will have to be by the playoffs b/c Avery is back.

Lee shot a terrible 32% from 3 when he was up around 40 for his career. We expected an energetic younger SG after years of Ray, a guy whose overall defense and ability to run with Rondo and create his own shot would make his overall impact the same or greater than the departed Ray, while shooting like 40% to Ray's 45%, taking the starting job from day 1, not giving it back to Avery w/o a fight, and getting 13-15ppg these first 30 games. Instead he gave us 6-7 points and couldn't hit shots until very recently.

Sully doesn't deserve an A+ either. He's slowly improved sure, but has been a 6/6 guy for most of the first two months, as many here predicted. He has a shot to maybe be an 11/8 guy by the last 2 months. If he is giving us a 16/10 performance every other night in Feb/March then I will give him an A+. For a college all-american who would've been a top 10 pick if not for back concerns, a 6/6 out the gate is what should have been expected (as long as their were no health issues). I give him a B+. He's also clearly in need of reshaping his body. He's listed at 260 but is obviously more like 270. Cutting off 25lbs of fat and adding 10 lbs of muscle... to be 255 and MUCH more chisled will make a world of difference.

Pretty much agree with all the other grades.  

Good points, especially when you factor in year to date stats! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to red2004sox's comment:

I would give KG a B.  He needs to be more aggressive rebounding and low post on offense.

Pierce a B-.  He needs to raise his shooting percentage and go to the boards more like last night.

Rondo a B+.  He needs to play better Defense and cut down on turnovers a slite bit.

Bass a C.  He is starting to get into the swing the last few games.  If he can be consistant like last season, he will move up to a B.

I give Lee a C+ because of his def but he needs to be more consistant on the offensive end.

Terry gets a C because his offense needs to pick up but his defense is what it is and that's not why he's on this team.

Wilcox a D because he is an asset but needs to stay healthy.

Green gets a C but I hope a B+ by the end of the regular season.  He just needs to get more aggressive.

Sully an A, his play speaks for itself.  You can't ask for more from a rookie  but we would like to be pleasantly surprised.

Of course the last couple games have swayed these ranks to the positive for most of these guys.  Lets hope the keep the recent play up.

Nice takes! I gave JG a D because he lacks the aggresiveness required to take advantage of all of his physical tools. His play is frustrating to say the least! 

Sections
Shortcuts