Granger for Pierce?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Granger for Pierce?

I think Ainge could make a deal of Granger and Plumlee for Pierce.

It gives Indy a guy who can score off the bench with playoff experience.

It gives the C's a legitimate SF and a young athletic big man in Plumlee.

Ainge can go back and get the guy he missed out on by a few picks in Granger.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

Re: Granger for Pierce?

Nice idea! But Fierce is right so it's on the owners.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Yeah but with the repeater tax you are getting younger without blowing it up. If Wyc doesn't mind paying the tax while still being competitive.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Indy would never do that deal......

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GregCelts. Show GregCelts's posts

Indy will trade Granger.  There is no doubt about it.  Granger hasn't played in a while, so they are more likely to trade him at the trade deadline next year.  If Indy loses West this summer, they will need a PF.  Granger can play some PF too. 

He is in a contract year, so he will show up in good shape. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Granger for Pierce, Indy will find a much better deal than that.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Indy probably could find a better deal but look at them now. Think about how many times their offense gets stagnant and can't score. PP is a natural scorer.

Yes, I'm aware of the repeater tax but someone is going to pay it to win.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

We don't need Granger or Pierce!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

Indy probably could find a better deal but look at them now. Think about how many times their offense gets stagnant and can't score. PP is a natural scorer.

PP is old and slow. His scoring is and will never be what it used to B.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

we have a legit starting SF in green.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Granger just makes 14 million, Pierce is on the books for 15, then the deasl expire

Granger could make us slightly better, but not contender level better, so that deal is pointless

If we're ging to swap PP for an injury risk player making 14 million I'd rather it be Eric Gordon, we have Jeff Green and need a young SG, if Gordon can stay healthy he's a stud young 20ppg guy.

I mentioned earlier that I would trade Lee (or Terry if they prefer), Bass and a 1st rd pick for Gordon as well

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

So if they waive Pierce, the entire $15M comes off the books and they can sign another big free agent up to $14.9M and avoid the repeater or luxury tax ?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to PHX85014's comment:

So if they waive Pierce, the entire $15M comes off the books and they can sign another big free agent up to $14.9M and avoid the repeater or luxury tax ?

If they 'waive' Pierce they have to pay a 5 million buyout that stays on the cap, with KG still here for 11-12m a year the C's would have no cap space

If they amnesty Pierce AND KG retires (has to file papers) then they would have something like 13m they could offer as a starting point (Basically a 4/60 deal) for Josh Smith, Al Jefferson or Andrew Bynum.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

In between PP turnovers, ya mean, right? Ain't no tax gonna stop that deal from happening if Indy was willing to do it......