1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Great 3 team trade idea

This is the one I like the best so far:

Boston:

Shaq (signed by Cleve @ 4 million)
    David West
    James Posey

Cleveland:

Rasheed Wallace (retires, bought out @ 2m)
    Boston's 2nd rd pick
    1-2 million in savings

New Orleans:

Perkins
    Big Baby (Louisianna native)
    Jamario Moon (3m) or Anthony Parker (2.5m)
    Boston's '11 1st rd pick
    11-18 million (depending on if West picked up his option) in savings

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: Great 3 team trade idea

Multiple sources say New Orleans has shot down all Paul trade talks. The NBA said today that it is illegal for agents/organizations to discuss him w/o NO initiating talks. they are ready to fine companies and take draft picks from teams.

Apparently when Paul and the front office met yesterday they made it clear they wanted to build around him and start with a max offer to 'Melo next summer. To do so they have to move Posey and also probably have hoped David West would not pick up his option for '11-'12.

(I can provide the links to all this talk)

My trade gets New Orleans far under the cap. Baby/Moon over West/Posey probably gets them a few less wins in a season that is a bridge to better things and would be better ending with a higher draft pick. but the local fun loving giant and high flying Moon would prob put more fans in the seat, or at least entertain more than boring vets who would be depressed on such a club.

Perk gets an audition in Jan/Feb to see if he might take a fair extension that still leaves them well under the cap (Okafor to PF) or they can trade him to a contender who needs some beef for yet more assets.

At the end of the year New Orleans prob has a pick in the 6-10 range, two more 1st rd picks and 25 million in cap space. If Melo signs with them they can trade Collison for an asset and extend Paul. If Melo goes to NY they can trade Paul to NY for Anthony Randolph, Felton and a future pick, still have oodles of cap space and TONS of young assets.

New Orleans wins 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Boston has to pony up more $, but they get the deepest team in the game and can play any style and matchup well with all contenders. They have a 2 year window, where they can still compete for a title and then 27-35 million in cap space summer '12.

This would be the regular season mins breakdown:

C - Shaq (16 mins) Jermaine O'Neal (24m) KG (8m)
    PF - KG (16 mins) David West (32m)
    SF - Pierce (28 mins) Posey (20m)
    SG - Allen (32 mins) Marquis Daniels (12m) Pierce (4m)
    PG - Rondo (36 mins) Nate Robinson (12m)

That team is built for resting 5 old guys with starter quality talent on the bench... then benching Daniels in the playoffs and going to war with a 9 man rotation that can take on anything.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Why would N.O want to trade David West. He's an all-star power forward.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

It was explained already as the way they get far enough under the cap to sign Carmelo Anthony, they need to dump West and Posey. Anthony is 26, West is 29. One is a 28-8-6 top 7 player, the other an 18-8 borderline all-star who is probably going to either get in their way of big signings or opt out and leave with no compensation. Baby, from LSU, could give them a 15-7 in West's 38 mins. They just drafted a PF with their top pick. Okafor is only 6'9" and they can play Perk at C. West was not an all-star this year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

Good deal for NO.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsGhost. Show RedsGhost's posts

No thanx.
    If we wanted Shaq (which we don't ), we could sign him now without having to give up anything.
    Posey hasn't done anything since he went to NO, so no.
    Now, it's down to giving up Perk, BBD, Sheed's contract ( 3 big bodies ), a #1 and a #2??? No thanx.
    Even IF your orginal premise went through, Boston's big men are gutted. You REALLY think Shaq and JON can handle center the entire season plus playoffs?
    West would be nice but not at these prices.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from gardhouse. Show gardhouse's posts

The only real trade material the Celtics have are Rondo and draft picks
    rest of the players I believe have little value.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

That is your opinion.

Perk and Baby are 25 and 24 year olds with championship rings who have both come up huge in recent postseasons and at the very least are great guys to have off your bench, Perk is a starter if he is back to full health. They are also valuable as expiring contracts.

Sheed's 6.5 million is really like 4 million in savings (not including lux tax) for any team that trades for him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: Great 3 team trade idea:
    Good deal for NO.
    Posted by heirplain

I'd love it if they felt so too

They are really in a lose-lose with West

If he has a great season he gets them worse draft position and then walks to free agency, where he will command like 5 years 45-60 million depending on the market. That keeps them out of contention for Melo if they resign him.

He is also a poor fit playing next to Melo b/c despite being a PF he is only 1" taller and scores in many of the same ways.

They would be better to get a nasty 3 point shooter w/ leftover money to spread the floor and let Okafor and Perk defend the rim and get them 2nd chance boards.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

and if West gets hurt and picks up the option, then they have to give up assets just to move Posey. Like Collison or a #1 pick. The Bulls had to give up a 1st rounder to move Hinrich, a better player IMO. The Knicks gave the Rockets Joradan Hill, the #8 pick, just to move Jefferies.

What is better? Getting Perk, Baby and a number 1 pick now for West and Posey. Or losing West for nothing, dropping a few picks in the lotto and giving up something good to get rid of Posey at the deadline?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Only thing is Perk is damaged goods, and hard to trade I imagine.  But I actually think that deal is ok.  Don't know who the center is post-Shaq, but this team is destined to be blown up in 2-3 seasons anyway. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RondoIsHustle. Show RondoIsHustle's posts

Hey guys what do you think of this 3 team trade?

1)Portland gets:

Sheed´s contract

2)Boston gets:

Shaq and Rudy Fernandez

3)Cleveland gets:

Joel Przybilla

I believe(i dont know if this trade works)
    that is a win-win situation for all the teams

we get 2 players we need
    cleveland gets a C to play there(they dont have any REAL center rightnow)
    and portland cap relieve

what do you think?
    it´s possible?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Przybilla is damaged goods too if I remeber correctly.  Can't remember the last trade with two guys involved coming off major surgery. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Only thing is Perk is damaged goods, and hard to trade I imagine.  But I actually think that deal is ok.  Don't know who the center is post-Shaq, but this team is destined to be blown up in 2-3 seasons anyway. 
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn

Glad you think the deal is overall decent. I think it helps all 3 teams out. any chance Danny is reading?

Future Center would depend on a few things. First, if Shaq took a 1 year deal, we could offer Perk the full MLE to come back next summer. He should be fully healthy for '11-'12 season. We'd basically loan Shaq as Perk rehabs.

If Shaq gets a 2 year deal (which is what we have been fine with since it is summer of '12 cap space we want) then we look to spend part of almost 30 million in space on a Center. Dwight Howard is a free agent, which may be who our FO is targeting, although I think Howard would rather get star free agents to join him in sunny income tax free florida then come up here. But we shall see.

Even if we bring back Perk, we'd still be far enough under the cap to offer Orlando a sign and trade of Perk, Bradley and a #1 pick for Howard. Who knows, maybe he'd want to join a better core of Rondo-Pierce-West (who we can resign as well at 8-9m per and still have 12-13m in space) then stay in Orlando w/ Nelson, Reddick, Bass and not much else besides the same leftover cap space we'd also have.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Hey guys what do you think of this 3 team trade? 1)Portland gets: Sheed´s contract 2)Boston gets: Shaq and Rudy Fernandez 3)Cleveland gets: Joel Przybilla I believe(i dont know if this trade works) that is a win-win situation for all the teams we get 2 players we need cleveland gets a C to play there(they dont have any REAL center rightnow) and portland cap relieve what do you think? it´s possible?
    Posted by RondoIsHustle

I think it is a good start. I dunno. I wrote a whole lot about how other than being younger and a better 3 point shooter Rudy and Daniels are the same player. Both SG's who cannot guard the big SF's we need a bu to Pierce to do this year. We saw the toll it took on Paul guarding LeBron. We need that rugged, battle tested SF who is like 6'8" to help us contend. Not another 6'5" guy.

If we had kept Tony, then I would have been ok squeezing Rudy in as bu SF b/c we'd have needed scoring off the bench. But Marquis can score, we now need defense. I think by the end of the year we may find that Avery Bradley is a better choice to guard Wade and other wings under 6'5" then 'Quis is.

Portland would want more than cap relief IMO. Rudy and shaq is a package that deserves giving up a 1st rd pick in the 20's for so w'd have to send that to  Pofrtland.

Przybilla still has some value, despite also being injured. I'd look into 3 team trades that land him and a SF in Boston. Rudy, Perk and possibly our #1 pick on another club.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts