GREAT ARTICLE!! The rebirth

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from datruthpp34. Show datruthpp34's posts

GREAT ARTICLE!! The rebirth

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7801091/the-rebirth-celtics

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

Re: GREAT ARTICLE!! The rebirth

He's an entertainer all right. He came off as completely two faced after the article he wrote about their death.  I understand it's part of his charm, but he flat out said it would be best for the celts to trade Rondo, because everything was over at that point and it just couldn't work with Rondo anymore.  What a joke.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Danny played two sports, yes.  But he was only slightly more successfull in baseball than, say, MJ. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

as did 99% of this board

I have read Simmons for 15 years, he bleeds green as I do, I didn't say the Celtics were so dead they couldn't be a tough out come the playoffs, and never wanted to see them trade Pierce, but if there were moves that would make us better in the next 5 years to be made by giving up any of the other 3 stars then I was all for it back when we were under .500 and appeared dead. There just were not any of those moves offered up.

If anything we can be frustrated with Danny (if he truly felt the C's, Avery and Steimsma had this ability in them) for not moving the expiring contracts and a draft pick (or Johnson/Moore) for a 4th big man we so desperately need.

The failed JON for David West trade (F-U David and your choice of Indy btw) has cost us a lock of seed 3, punchers chance at seed 1 or 2, and the ability to be legit title contenders. That kills me.

Now we have a 2nd round team on our hands instead of a 1st rd team... we'll go down fighting, finish better than the losers in LA, and be fun to watch

But in the end not trading anyone or blowing it up is like the reverse of trading Joe Johnson for Delk/Rogers.... a heck of a lot of fun this May... at the expense of the future few years, and we are still not a realistic title team, just a tougher out

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to Re: GREAT ARTICLE!! The rebirth:
    [QUOTE]Danny played two sports, yes.  But he was only slightly more successfull in baseball than, say, MJ. 
    Posted by cole-ely[/QUOTE]

Oh come on man.  He played mlb for three seasons.

MJ Hit 200 at AA.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

I love Bill Simmons..... "The Book of Basketball" (The NBA According To The Sports Guy) should be required reading for every Celtic (and NBA) fan.....it is funny and insightful...it's a great read....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

yeah, i know...overstated.  but if I remember right his averages were dropping as was his stock.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Oh he wasn't that good.  Still if you can imagine the athletic ability and hard work it would take to play two professional sports at the highest level at the same time...kind of hard to make fun of him for that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GREAT ARTICLE!! The rebirth : Oh come on man.  He played mlb for three seasons. MJ Hit 200 at AA.  
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]
    went yard on the catfish, too.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]as did 99% of this board I have read Simmons for 15 years, he bleeds green as I do, I didn't say the Celtics were so dead they couldn't be a tough out come the playoffs, and never wanted to see them trade Pierce, but if there were moves that would make us better in the next 5 years to be made by giving up any of the other 3 stars then I was all for it back when we were under .500 and appeared dead. There just were not any of those moves offered up. If anything we can be frustrated with Danny (if he truly felt the C's, Avery and Steimsma had this ability in them) for not moving the expiring contracts and a draft pick (or Johnson/Moore) for a 4th big man we so desperately need. The failed JON for David West trade (F-U David and your choice of Indy btw) has cost us a lock of seed 3, punchers chance at seed 1 or 2, and the ability to be legit title contenders. That kills me. Now we have a 2nd round team on our hands instead of a 1st rd team... we'll go down fighting, finish better than the losers in LA, and be fun to watch But in the end not trading anyone or blowing it up is like the reverse of trading Joe Johnson for Delk/Rogers.... a heck of a lot of fun this May... at the expense of the future few years, and we are still not a realistic title team, just a tougher out
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

Bingo.

With KG's resurgence, Boston will have to use up $8-$10m in cap space to re-sign him and both of their draft picks will be in the 20's. So much for that quick rebuild plan...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

14 for Kaman
    8 for KG
    2.5 for Green
    vet min for Pietrus

Draft Melo and Waiters

Rondo/Bradley
    Waiters/Pietrus
    PP/Green
    KG/Bass
    Kaman/Melo/Steamer

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GREAT ARTICLE!! The rebirth : Bingo. With KG's resurgence, Boston will have to use up $8-$10m in cap space to re-sign him and both of their draft picks will be in the 20's. So much for that quick rebuild plan...
    Posted by Mark from Ct[/QUOTE]

Gina you aren't very objective. Only GK and Flobius actually talk hoops, the rest of you guys just have some anti-social need that you fill here. It's silly to pretend otherwise.

Of course I would still be very surprised if Boston won it all this year, but to act like KG playing well is a bad thing is almost as ridiculous as you pretending you aren't a troll whose opinion means nothing.

It's obviously been fun watching the Celtics turn their season around.  Next year is next year.  Only a very sad person would be watching KG play well, and the Celtics play well and be sad about the off season.  It's supposed to be fun watching hoops. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]14 for Kaman 8 for KG 2.5 for Green vet min for Pietrus Draft Melo and Waiters Rondo/Bradley Waiters/Pietrus PP/Green KG/Bass Kaman/Melo/Steamer
    Posted by BirdandCowens[/QUOTE]

I'd hope we could get Kaman starting at 8

That's still a 4/38 contract for a guy over 30

The other 6 million happens to be what Mayo's qualifying offer is, or maybe Kris Humphries would take 4/30?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GREAT ARTICLE!! The rebirth : Gina you aren't very objective. Only GK and Flobius actually talk hoops, the rest of you guys just have some anti-social need that you fill here. It's silly to pretend otherwise. Of course I would still be very surprised if Boston won it all this year, but to act like KG playing well is a bad thing is almost as ridiculous as you pretending you aren't a troll whose opinion means nothing. It's obviously been fun watching the Celtics turn their season around.  Next year is next year.  Only a very sad person would be watching KG play well, and the Celtics play well and be sad about the off season.  It's supposed to be fun watching hoops. 
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

It's the Celtics fans here a couple of weeks ago that were hoping for the Celtics to lose games so as Red said: "We could have two lottery picks". (That was when LAC was playing poorly).

Boston has played well, but it will cost them next season. Good for them that they are making a run up the standings. They won't be an easy out in the playoffs.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GREAT ARTICLE!! The rebirth : I'd hope we could get Kaman starting at 8 That's still a 4/38 contract for a guy over 30 The other 6 million happens to be what Mayo's qualifying offer is, or maybe Kris Humphries would take 4/30?
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

Well, it's because I don't think we can get Hibbert or McGee.  The only other choice would be Krsitc!!  Unless, of course, SAC gives us Evans and Cousins for Rondo.....lol!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RicoLakerfan. Show RicoLakerfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GREAT ARTICLE!! The rebirth : It's the Celtics fans here a couple of weeks ago that were hoping for the Celtics to lose games so as Red said: "We could have two lottery picks". (That was when LAC was playing poorly). Boston has played well, but it will cost them next season. Good for them that they are making a run up the standings. They won't be an easy out in the playoffs.
    Posted by Mark from Ct[/QUOTE]

Sadly my beloved Lakers have no draft picks and Danny Ainge has shown he doesn't need to pick high with his two number one picks. what a Gem that Bradley kid is.  Couple that with tons of cap room and probably KG taking a cap frinedly contract and you are most likely looking at the Celtics playing for a title next year and maybe this year.

My beloved lakers however are old, with no cap flexibility and no draft picks. It's all very sad. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GREAT ARTICLE!! The rebirth : went yard on the catfish, too.
    Posted by BaileyPowe[/QUOTE]

didn't know that, pretty cool

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]I love Bill Simmons..... "The Book of Basketball" (The NBA According To The Sports Guy) should be required reading for every Celtic (and NBA) fan.....it is funny and insightful...it's a great read....
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

I also like him.  I will have to buy the book. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]14 for Kaman 8 for KG 2.5 for Green vet min for Pietrus Draft Melo and Waiters Rondo/Bradley Waiters/Pietrus PP/Green KG/Bass Kaman/Melo/Steamer
    Posted by BirdandCowens[/QUOTE]

I really hope that the Celtics can sign Hibbert next season.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Susan, that book is a hoot.....he lists the all time top teams, players (I think he starts around #95 and lists them in groups)....he tells the reader about his childhood and how his dad was a Celtics season ticket holder when seats cost around $5....just a funny and insightful read....get it....you'll love it....I guarantee it (as Justin Wilson used to say....)