Great example of why I never watch non Celtics NBA games.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from df2. Show df2's posts

Great example of why I never watch non Celtics NBA games.

Tuned in to game 5 with about 4 minutes left. It didn't take more than a minute to see a terrible call. Well, non-call more specifically.

The Heat turned over the ball and Shaun Marion raced down the court and took a feed for an easy breakaway layup to put the Mavs up by seven and seal the game. But instead, as he was laying the ball in, an out of position James whacked his arm. Didn't even get a finger on the ball. The layup goes awry. And even with the ref looking right at the play, there was no call. Typical NBA.

You don't even have to touch Lebron for him to get to the line. But refs turn a blind eye to blatant whacks? Makes no sense

The NBA is a garbage product. Plain and simple.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LALAKERSMAN. Show LALAKERSMAN's posts

Re: Great example of why I never watch non Celtics NBA games.

THEN STOP WATCHING!!!!!!!!!! For a guy who hates the NBA so much you sure have a lot of nonsense to say!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from df2. Show df2's posts

In Response to Re: Great example of why I never watch non Celtics NBA games.:
    THEN STOP WATCHING!!!!!!!!!! For a guy who hates the NBA so much you sure have a lot of nonsense to say!
    Posted by LALAKERSMAN

Here are a couple of much better ideas:
    1) You post on your own team's forum where you belong. Instead of flooding this forum with actual nonsense. Take your own advice. If you don't like what I have to say, put me on ignore. Not that complicated

2) The NBA fixes what is broken. This isn't that hard to figure out. Even for someone that's deranged enough to troll a rival team's board. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

I'm with you. I love the GAME, and positively loathe the league.

I find myself TRYING to like the NBA, and am turned away time and time again by horrid officiating. I mean, simply undefendable, nonsensical, certainly not by the book officiating.

My issue came earlier. Wade was posted on Marion, got the pass, and dropped it (now, that's a dribble, has been since I was born) gathered it in both hands, then proceeded to (double) dribble around Marion, and get a totally non-existent foul call. Marion then gets a T on top of it for daring to point out the ignorance of the officials. It'd be like a RB falling down in college football, then getting back up, and the refs not whistling it dead. Total, sheer ignorance.

Officiating has seemingly turned into a game of making horrible makeup calls at both ends with the hope that in the end, both teams were equally s c r e w e d.

And what ever happened to 2 steps? 3/4 is the norm now, travelling no longer exists. The NBA s u c k s, unfortunately, I still have a soft spot for basketball.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from icnd. Show icnd's posts

In Response to Great example of why I never watch non Celtics NBA games.:
    Tuned in to game 5 with about 4 minutes left. It didn't take more than a minute to see a terrible call. Well, non-call more specifically. The Heat turned over the ball and Shaun Marion raced down the court and took a feed for an easy breakaway layup to put the Mavs up by seven and seal the game. But instead, as he was laying the ball in, an out of position James whacked his arm. Didn't even get a finger on the ball. The layup goes awry. And even with the ref looking right at the play, there was no call. Typical NBA. You don't even have to touch Lebron for him to get to the line. But refs turn a blind eye to blatant whacks? Makes no sense The NBA is a garbage product. Plain and simple.
    Posted by df2

I was wondering:  Do you ever cry about a call/non-call that goes against the Heat? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from icnd. Show icnd's posts

In Response to Great example of why I never watch non Celtics NBA games.:
    Tuned in to game 5 with about 4 minutes left. It didn't take more than a minute to see a terrible call. Well, non-call more specifically. The Heat turned over the ball and Shaun Marion raced down the court and took a feed for an easy breakaway layup to put the Mavs up by seven and seal the game. But instead, as he was laying the ball in, an out of position James whacked his arm. Didn't even get a finger on the ball. The layup goes awry. And even with the ref looking right at the play, there was no call. Typical NBA. You don't even have to touch Lebron for him to get to the line. But refs turn a blind eye to blatant whacks? Makes no sense The NBA is a garbage product. Plain and simple.
    Posted by df2

You don't watch a non-Celtics game because Boston is not playing.  Plain and simple.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from icnd. Show icnd's posts

In Response to Re: Great example of why I never watch non Celtics NBA games. : Here are a couple of much better ideas: 1) You post on your own team's forum where you belong. Instead of flooding this forum with actual nonsense. Take your own advice. If you don't like what I have to say, put me on ignore. Not that complicated 2) The NBA fixes what is broken. This isn't that hard to figure out. Even for someone that's deranged enough to troll a rival team's board. 
    Posted by df2

Don't you hate those fans?  Remember the days when you could whine, bellyache, and cry in peace, without disctractions from Lakers fans?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from N2thaIzzo. Show N2thaIzzo's posts

I believe Marion didn't get that call because he went up like a little B-I.  Had he gone in like a man, and went for a dunk attempt instead of getting scared and trying to lay it in, he would have gotten a call.  That being said, if you are going to let 1 play out of 100 deter you from watching games, that is sad....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

I love how fans of the NBA just blindly accept all the glaring issues with the officiating in that pitiful league. No wait, I don't love it at all! It's an embarrassment.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

And what ever happened to 2 steps? 3/4 is the norm now, travelling no longer exists.

Except when the Celtics are playing against a team the officials favor, such as the Miami Heat. I'm still not over the bogus travel calls against Pierce and Davis in Game 5 that resulted in a 9-point swing in the final 4 minutes.

But here's the thing about bad calls: a truly championship-caliber team should be able to ride them out and still win. Think back to Game 5 or 6 of the Celtics-Pistons series in 2008 when some horrendous calls went against Pierce and the Celtics down the stretch. Did they let it affect them? No, they dug deep and won anyway.

As much of a Celtics fan as I am, I'm not blind either. I see the bad calls. I see the inequities. I also see that the better team won both this year (against the Heat) and last year against the Lakers. Let's not delude ourselves into thinking that the 2009-10 and 2010-11 Celtics were anything close to as good as the '08 squad. They weren't. Ray Allen aside, everyone was significantly worse. From the top rebounding team in '08 the Celtics were the worst rebounding playoff team in 2011. Such statistical reality has a lot more to do with the demise of this team than the variability of officiating.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from icnd. Show icnd's posts

I love how fans of the NBA just blindly accept all the glaring issues with the officiating in that pitiful league. No wait, I don't love it at all! It's an embarrassment.
    Posted by ma6dragon9

MLB and NFL fans never have any "glaring" issues with the officials, right?  Hilarious.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

In Response to Re: Great example of why I never watch non Celtics NBA games. : MLB and NFL fans never have any "glaring" issues with the officials, right?  Hilarious.
    Posted by icnd

Considering the fact that it's a proven fact that NBA officiating has been predetermined in the past, I think the guy has some legitimacy to his claims. 

Rarely do we see horrendous calls in either the NFL or MLB. It seems like it's a regular occurrence in the NBA.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JREwing. Show JREwing's posts

The Heat will get every call under the sun in Game 6 Sunday: probably Dick Bavetta, Bennett Salvatore, & Ken Mauer will be assigned by gangster Stern to see to that. Stern loves to screw Mark Cuban more that he does the C's

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

The Heat will get every call under the sun in Game 6 Sunday: probably Dick Bavetta, Bennett Salvatore, & Ken Mauer will be assigned by gangster Stern to see to that. Stern loves to screw Mark Cuban more that he does the C's
    Posted by JREwing

You are right about Stern not liking Cuban.  Although, he has been surprisingly quite during this series.  Which is very unusual for him.  It is probably good for Dallas that he hasn't been very vocal. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In Response to Re: Great example of why I never watch non Celtics NBA games. : Considering the fact that it's a proven fact that NBA officiating has been predetermined in the past, I think the guy has some legitimacy to his claims.  Rarely do we see horrendous calls in either the NFL or MLB. It seems like it's a regular occurrence in the NBA.
    Posted by vertigho

vertigho, we do see horrendous calls in other pro sports, just not on a regular basis like the NBA.  One out of 10 NFL games we may have a few really hard to understand calls... In the NBA, there may be 5-6 outrageous calls in any one game. 

The best comparison is the NCAA & even HS basketball to the NBA... No contest when it comes to the egregious calls that have no basis.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from icnd. Show icnd's posts

In Response to Re: Great example of why I never watch non Celtics NBA games. : Considering the fact that it's a proven fact that NBA officiating has been predetermined in the past, I think the guy has some legitimacy to his claims.

If you mean Tim Donaghy, then it's as dumb as saying MLB is corrputed because of the Black Sox Scandal in 1919.  Let me repeat, one greedy official does not a conspiracy make.

Rarely do we see horrendous calls in either the NFL or MLB. It seems like it's a regular occurrence in the NBA.
    Posted by vertigho

Then you need to watch the NFL or MLB more and check out their message boards.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItsNot1966anymor. Show ItsNot1966anymor's posts

So, if you only watch Celtics games, that means you're watching at most about 3% of all NBA games.  Yet this qualifies you to make sweeping declarations about NBA officiating.  Wonderful.  I suppose if you watched CNN exclusively, that would qualify you to write a comprehensive thesis on the biases of American media.  But if you only watch Celtics games, then at least you have an excuse for being myopic.  Cs fans that actually watch other games are just being stubborn.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LALAKERSMAN. Show LALAKERSMAN's posts

In Response to Re: Great example of why I never watch non Celtics NBA games. : Here are a couple of much better ideas: 1) You post on your own team's forum where you belong. Instead of flooding this forum with actual nonsense. Take your own advice. If you don't like what I have to say, put me on ignore. Not that complicated 2) The NBA fixes what is broken. This isn't that hard to figure out. Even for someone that's deranged enough to troll a rival team's board. 
    Posted by df2

Get it through ur head no one wants to hear ur whining!! Theres more important things in life.  Get one!!!

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LALAKERSMAN. Show LALAKERSMAN's posts

Fiercest69 ur officially on my ignore list!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from df2. Show df2's posts

In Response to Re: Great example of why I never watch non Celtics NBA games. : Get it through ur head no one wants to hear ur whining!! Theres more important things in life.  Get one!!!
    Posted by LALAKERSMAN

You want to talk to me about getting a life? You could have hit the ignore button 20 times in the amount of time it took you type that nonsense.

I'm going to say whatever I want in MY team's forum. If you don't like it, put me on ignore. Or better yet, do everyone a favor and go hang out in your own team's forum where you belong.

Either way, you need to get it through YOUR head that you have no control over what I say. And to be honest, I couldn't care less how you feel about my comments. Not even a little. Your little temper tantrums are a complete waste of your time and energy.

That's all I have to say on the matter.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from df2. Show df2's posts

So, if you only watch Celtics games, that means you're watching at most about 3% of all NBA games.  Yet this qualifies you to make sweeping declarations about NBA officiating.  Wonderful.  I suppose if you watched CNN exclusively, that would qualify you to write a comprehensive thesis on the biases of American media.  But if you only watch Celtics games, then at least you have an excuse for being myopic.  Cs fans that actually watch other games are just being stubborn.
    Posted by ItsNot1966anymor

Myopic? Seriously? You think I came to this conclusion based solely on watching Celtics games?

If I were just watching Celtics games then I could attribute some of the officiating issues to my own biases. It would give me an excuse to at least attempt to believe the league is on the level.

The entire reason I stopped watching the rest of the league is because of the across the board corruption/incompetence issue with the officiating.

I still love the Celtics. I just don't enjoy NBA basketball. I would like to see the Heat lose the Finals. But not enough to endure watching the actual games. I just can't bring myself to do it.

I bet we see a tank job tonight to ensure that there is a game 7. Bill Simmons joked that Tyson Chandler already has 2 fouls. The sad thing is, it's not that far from reality.

I don't know exactly what your point is. But if you are implying that there is no officiating issue in the NBA, you are living in fantasy land.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Good thread...

Stern and crooked NBA refs ruined the game...I say that in past tense.. its already ruined.

I watch the Celtic games mainly and a sprinkling of other regular season games and the playoffs/finals. 

When the refs go into their act, I wonder how the players bite their tongue and fists, I really do. I just figure with the money they make, they dont let it bother them much.

I guess if I got called on a BS call and knew the ref did it purposely, Id just think back to the $2-20 mil Im making this season and let it go too. Cant speak out and risk ending the gravy train.

Hopefully at some point, the fans turn on the game and stop supporting it. I dont spend a nickle to watch the Celtics... I live in NYC area and watch most of their games online, when theyre not on national TV.  I also listen in to the WEEI broadcast I get thru NBA.com for free.

If I get tickets to a Nets or Knicks game, they are for free. I wont buy their ripoff soveneirs, Ill take my kids to eat before we go.... and Ill buy some stuff to eat/drink during the game...I guess they get me there but its only a few games a year.

Frankly, theres not much I watch in the NBA except the Celtics and a few other teams because of certain players I like to follow like Dirk, Lebron, Rose etc... but I wouldnt watch if it cost me 50cents.

Theres even a part of me that roots against the NBA in the Olympics/World championships.  I want them to lose often so somebody wakes up and realizes how the league is going downhill... gets rid of Stern... gets the game back to being called fairly and played the right way

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Good thread... Stern and crooked NBA refs ruined the game...I say that in past tense.. its already ruined. I watch the Celtic games mainly and a sprinkling of other regular season games and the playoffs/finals.  When the refs go into their act, I wonder how the players bite their tongue and fists, I really do. I just figure with the money they make, they dont let it bother them much. I guess if I got called on a BS call and knew the ref did it purposely, Id just think back to the $2-20 mil Im making this season and let it go too. Cant speak out and risk ending the gravy train. Hopefully at some point, the fans turn on the game and stop supporting it. I dont spend a nickle to watch the Celtics... I live in NYC area and watch most of their games online, when theyre not on national TV.  I also listen in to the WEEI broadcast I get thru NBA.com for free. If I get tickets to a Nets or Knicks game, they are for free. I wont buy their ripoff soveneirs, Ill take my kids to eat before we go.... and Ill buy some stuff to eat/drink during the game...I guess they get me there but its only a few games a year. Frankly, theres not much I watch in the NBA except the Celtics and a few other teams because of certain players I like to follow like Dirk, Lebron, Rose etc... but I wouldnt watch if it cost me 50cents. Theres even a part of me that roots against the NBA in the Olympics/World championships.  I want them to lose often so somebody wakes up and realizes how the league is going downhill... gets rid of Stern... gets the game back to being called fairly and played the right way
    Posted by Karllost

Great post! 

Sections
Shortcuts