great story on how KG became KG.. can't believe there was so much doubt at one point?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Re: great story on how KG became KG.. can't believe there was so much doubt at one point?

I can live with his needing a Pierce at crunch time. Most players/teams do. 

Zero complaints from me.

He is a Celtic from birth.

Pud

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Re: great story on how KG became KG.. can't believe there was so much doubt at one point?

I wish he could have been drafted the Celtics.

He is one of the best of all time. On the Celtics from day one, Duncan would have forever been #2.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Great article about KG.  It is unfortunate that he didn't have a better supporting cast so that he might have won more championships when he was younger before he signed with the Celtics. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

KG is a true warrior....and the ultimate team player....imagine him on the Lakers instead of Kobe...he and Shaq definitely win more rings and stay together a lot longer......like Russell, it's all about winning...personal stats are meaningless....another reason that no Celtic has ever won a scoring title......what, you don't think Bird could've won multiple titles if that was his focus...."just win baby"...that is what "Celtic Mystique" is all about....or, as Russ said during his last season in  '69 ..."the spokes change but the wheel just keeps on turning"...(SI, April issue, 1969...I still have my copy)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

When KG was growing up Magic was his hero, after he joined the Celtics, it was Russell.

Sections
Shortcuts