Green at the guard not working.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Green at the guard not working.

Since the Celtics have put Green at the 2 or 3 he is a whopping 7/25. Let's hope this is just some early feeling his way stuff. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TPETTEWAY1. Show TPETTEWAY1's posts

Re: Green at the guard not working.

In response to jtkl's comment:

Since the Celtics have put Green at the 2 or 3 he is a whopping 7/25. Let's hope this is just some early feeling his way stuff. 

what game u watching

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to TPETTEWAY1's comment:

what game u watching

Uhm, the one on tv. You may have noticed, that Doc Rivers (he is the coach.) has put out a lineup of Bradley, Pierce, Green, Bass, and KG. We've been doing it at the start of games, in this here NBA season.   

Green has been playing the 3 but more or less guarding the 2 on the other team. He is 7-25 since doing so. 

Again, I am hopeful this is blip as he is just adjusting. because prior to that Green was playing some pretty terrifc bball. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

The problem with putting either one on the 2's, is that they expend more energy on defense running around picks that their offense will suffer on the other end...hopefully, like you said, its an adjustment period...other wise back to the drawing board..

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from KillaCam2010. Show KillaCam2010's posts

I agree.  To me this lineup almost feels like last years with Allen staring and not Bradley. Yes Green is a better scorer than Lee but with Lee and Bradley in the backcourt together they can harass other guards. It seems like the C's dont have as much rythm without those two starting. Also, I like green as the number one option of the bench. Put him out there with the second unit and keep feeding him the ball.  It seems to me that almost anytime he gets consecutive touches he takes over the game. One the first unit he is sharing with CPP and KG.  As of now I like the smaller unit starting the game, but like you said it may just be an adjustment period, after all KG has been out for 8 games.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

In response to Ortiz123's comment:

The problem with putting either one on the 2's, is that they expend more energy on defense running around picks that their offense will suffer on the other end...hopefully, like you said, its an adjustment period...other wise back to the drawing board..

Bullsheet.

The problem is Bass and Green are lazy as hell on defense.

Both were a minus 20 yesterday.

That was happening to Green when playing the forward spot. His defensive numbers have actually been pretty good. Again this could be an adjustment period, but the problem might be guarding guards requires a different skill set than guarding forwards. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Green is much better guarding SF' and some PF's...Lee is working his way back and I believe should be the starting two..but bradley has really stunk it up on the offense side...gezzz..

Green should come off the bench...for now...until PP is ready for the bench...

Doc can play them together in spurts...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Green is much better guarding SF' and some PF's...Lee is working his way back and I believe should be the starting two..but bradley has really stunk it up on the offense side...gezzz..

so when is PP going to be ready for the bench?  next week, three weeks ago or at age 38?

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

so when is PP going to be ready for the bench?  next week, three weeks ago or at age 38?

When they have more than 1 player better than him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Green had a bad game. Bradley had a bad game. KG had a bad game. The problems were offensive and defensive. KG may have had a sore ankle, but it may have been the rust that made him miss lay up after lay up. Bradley was in foul trouble early and often. Pierce had a so so night with poor passing. The team also seemed content to let the Nets have almost every loose ball. The only aggressive player that I saw was Randolph. 

One game or two games are two small a sample to judge anything. However, the early fouls seemed to change the tone of the game, and maybe the focus of the team.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Bullsheet.

The problem is Bass and Green are lazy as hell on defense.

Both were a minus 20 yesterday.

That was happening to Green when playing the forward spot. His defensive numbers have actually been pretty good. Again this could be an adjustment period, but the problem might be guarding guards requires a different skill set than guarding forwards. 

Lack of hustle is a skill set?

Since when?

Uhm, No Kirk. lateral quickness is a skill set and Green doesn't have it. This is why I repeatedly told you Green was going to struggle at the two.  It's possable it's hustle. It's also possible that a guy who has mostly played Power forward for his career, is going to struggle playing guard. 

I mean seriously if Shaq failed at point guard would you blame that on hustle? Or admit maybe Shaq is not a point guard. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Sorry, lack of hustle from Bass and Green on defense.

Watch the tape.

Put Shaq on Kyrie Irving and it will look like he is not hustling either. Because he is too slow.

Green Has no lateral quickness. Agaisnt certain players he might do okay at the two. so far he is 7/25 and it is looking like putting himn there was a bad idea. Maybe he will improve. But he was scoring 20 points a game at the four.