Green is still out and not likely to be for awhile

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Green is still out and not likely to be for awhile

The vague comments by DA were not encouraging today.  If he can't play this really puts the Celtics behind the eight ball.  With a medical condition I assuming that it is heart related do the Celtics have an latitude to do anything.  I am assuming he did not pass his physical.  

The idea that the season will start without Green in the rotation sounds very ominous for this team. I can see JON breaking down in just a few games.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: Green is still out and not likely to be for awhile

In Response to Green is still out and not likely to be for awhile:
    The vague comments by DA were not encouraging today.  If he can't play this really puts the Celtics behind the eight ball.  With a medical condition I assuming that it is heart related do the Celtics have an latitude to do anything.  I am assuming he did not pass his physical.   The idea that the season will start without Green in the rotation sounds very ominous for this team. I can see JON breaking down in just a few games.
    Posted by concord27

Definitely agree that this isn't good news.  I was really looking forward to Green's contributions this season.  We can only hope that he is ok and doesn't have a serious medical problem.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Susan,
    What is so discouraging is that the guy had enough trouble learning last year. Without training camp he may have the same problem this year.

Of course I feel terrible for this seemingly fine young player but Danny has to figure out something because the rotation will have problems at the very start of the season rather than in a few weeks this will be serious problem for already weary older front line.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jokerblue. Show Jokerblue's posts

According with Danny Ainge words, Its seems a serious health problem ... Hopefully I'm wrong ...... this guy seems nice person. Hopefully playing basketball again soon ... Best wishes to him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Recent or current health problems: Green physical, Daniels back sugery, JO needs sugery, Rondo  ankel, Paul Pierce foot injury,  BEGINNING TO LOOK LIKE A POTENTIAL LOST YEAR.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

The Cs just may being ultra cautious until they receive test results back.  Not a good situation however, something is obviously amiss

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtsfan. Show celtsfan's posts

Completely agree. Just speculation, but this sounds like what happened with Reggie Lewis. The Celtics have to take every precaution with Green until they can be 100% sure he is healthy.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Doc made a comment that he is frustrated with the Green situation and that he has never seen anything like it before.

Could it be they are looking for some grounds to void his contract.  If it was so sad I believe Doc would not have been so outspoken.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Hope Green is okay in the long run, but there's no way we see him on the court if this is indeed related to a heart issue.  The fact that they're offering zero info on this is discouraging.

Finals winner will have an asterisk beside its name anyway, due to a shortened season.  And that winner won't be the Lakers, trolls.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

10 to 1 when they finally break the new it has to do with his heart

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Imagine we had traded him in the package for Paul and it got voided for Green not passing the physical.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x4. Show sday4x4's posts

did the other team know about this last year?...so quick to trade young talent

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Green is still out and not likely to be for awhile:
    Completely agree. Just speculation, but this sounds like what happened with Reggie Lewis. The Celtics have to take every precaution with Green until they can be 100% sure he is healthy.
    Posted by celtsfan

Agree that it reminds me of Reggie Lewis situation.  That is exactly what I thought.  Just hope that he listens to the medical experts and takes their advice. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

I think it was careless of the C's to sign Jeff Green this year without making him pass a physical first. The money being spent on Green could have been used to pursue another veteran free agent that can help the team in an already abbreviated season.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I feel for Jeff.  Nice guy who's been working all summer to strengthen his game.  I saw him in a summer league and he's playing with a lot of confidence.   This has got to be heart related given it came from a stress test and they've being so secretive.

If he has a serious problem, maybe the league will grant some sort of trade exception or signing exception so we can sign someone else? 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from albroadway. Show albroadway's posts

I feel for Jeff.  Nice guy who's been working all summer to strengthen his game.  I saw him in a summer league and he's playing with a lot of confidence.   This has got to be heart related given it came from a stress test and they've being so secretive. If he has a serious problem, maybe the league will grant some sort of trade exception or signing exception so we can sign someone else? 
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from albroadway. Show albroadway's posts

the first thing that came to my mind was reggie lewis. let us all pray that jeff is okay.basketball is only a game, we are talking about a young man's life. who cares about voiding a trade or whatever

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

heard they are filling in the press friday afternoon on weei today.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

the first thing that came to my mind was reggie lewis. let us all pray that jeff is okay.basketball is only a game, we are talking about a young man's life. who cares about voiding a trade or whatever
    Posted by albroadway

Exactly! I hope it is nothing serious for JG.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

When you are tired and under nourished and then you exercise vigorously, the body can easily have a sudden drop in blood pressure. You feel lightheaded and faint with shortness of breath. Jeff said he had sat waiting 4 hrs for his flight, didn't eat or sleep and then took a late stress test. Maybe he had a drop in BP and the associated symptoms which can seem very serious. Good to be cautious. The young man worked very hard this summer and I hope this is not serious. Thanks, Fierce, for answering he question on whether we are eligible for an exception if this is serious and long term.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Fierce,
    I thought the physical determined if the contract was valid and goes through.  The disabled exception does not address if the contract is even valid.  If you have to pass a physical before any job that requires it, the contract does not kick until the physical has been passed.  So why are the celtics not able to free up the whole amount?

Sections
Shortcuts