Green Moving to the Starting Lineup

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Green Moving to the Starting Lineup

GREEN TO REMAIN IN THE STARTING LINEUP   

Jeff Green has started in the seven games Garnett has missed due to his ankle injury, but Rivers won't relegate Green back to a bench role upon Garnett's return. Expect to see a bigger starting lineup moving forward, with Green and Pierce swapping time at the two-guard spot. 

Rivers said he's finally seeing the production out of Green that he's been expecting all season, and that he's earned the starting job. 

"I was hoping (to start Green consistently at some point)," Rivers said. "That was my intention. We weren’t going to give it to him, he had to be more consistent to do that. Starters have to be consistent. Bench players are the inconsistent guys that go up and down. Jeff has earned that. And I’m really happy because he makes everyone better." 

Over his last seven games, Green has averaged 21.4 points, 6.1 rebounds, and 3.7 assists on 53.3 percent shooting from the field and 50 percent from the 3-point line. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Re: Green Moving to the Starting Lineup

Kirk and I have been calling for this line up all year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

what would the lineup be?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

In response to cabutan's comment:

what would the lineup be?

KG, Bass, Green, Pierce, and Bradley.

I like it.

Thats out best line-up. Although, if we were to face a team with two quick guards (like the Bucks, we should be starting Lee instead of Bass.  

Can Doc please ALWAYS pair Crawford & Williams together. I like Crawford to shoot when he gets the ball (or make a quick assist). Williams is the far superior ball handler and he is a train. Really, I'd like to throw Williams double the minutes so he can take the ball handling pressure off of Jet & AB as well.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

I like this lineup sometimes. I can think of times it's a matchup problem though. The heat for instance. It basically means Paul Pierce is guarding d-wade. Don't like that.  on the flipside it means d-wade is guarding Green or Pierce and I do like that. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

I would love to see one game with Williams, Jeff, Paul, Bass, and KG.  Williams is our best pt guard and the pressure would be off with this group.  Maybe we would have a guard that could finish a layup.  We have to have the worst guards at making contested layups in the league.  I would hate to see AB's shooting percentage on contested layups.  We watch other teams guards penetrate on us and make shots every game.  Sure wish we could do that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Starting five-

Bradley-Pierce-Green-Bass-Garnett

Top back-ups-

Terry-Crawford-Lee-Williams-Randolph (small ball / pressure D second team, Williams will annihilate the power forward in transition) Williams is only an inch shorter than Miami PF Haslem!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

I would love to see one game with Williams, Jeff, Paul, Bass, and KG.  Williams is our best pt guard and the pressure would be off with this group.  Maybe we would have a guard that could finish a layup.  We have to have the worst guards at making contested layups in the league.  I would hate to see AB's shooting percentage on contested layups.  We watch other teams guards penetrate on us and make shots every game.  Sure wish we could do that.

Wouldn't hurt to try but eventhough i like TW, he is a bit or maybe too passive. He just takes the ball up and down the court, passes it and stays in the same spot...i think this is what kills TW...he could be much more..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Williams should just outrun the PF and receive the pass from Crawford or Lee in transtion.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

LOL....yes, we do miss a lot of layups don't we.   But, I don't like any lineup where Bass has to play a lot of minutes.  I'd rather:

Bradley, Lee, Paul, Jeff, and KG and sometimes Lee goes out and Randolph/Wilcox come in and Williams comes in for Bradley.  Leave Crawford on the bench, please.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Can you imagine Sully instead of Bass in this starting line up???WoW...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:

LOL....yes, we do miss a lot of layups don't we.   But, I don't like any lineup where Bass has to play a lot of minutes.  I'd rather:

Bradley, Lee, Paul, Jeff, and KG and sometimes Lee goes out and Randolph/Wilcox come in and Williams comes in for Bradley.  Leave Crawford on the bench, please.

well I could have said Randolph for Bass  Sealed

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:

well I could have said Randolph for Bass  Sealed

Now you're talking!!

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Boston Celtics coach Doc Rivers said Thursday that Jeff Green had "earned" a starting role with his inspired play lately and suggested that he'll heavily consider a first unit that could put Green alongside Avery Bradley, Paul Pierce, Brandon Bass, and Kevin Garnett.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4703968/the-intriguing-piercegreen-combo

I suggested this lineup months ago and was mocked by the brilliant posters here.

Its about time. JG's D has been just as, if not more impressive than his offensive production. He is simply a freakish athlete for a BIG, and though he doesn't rebound like one would expect, he certainly does play strong D. What a great complement to AB and KG. We finally got REAL an injection of scoring OPTIONS with JG strating with this group. Not a game too soon......

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Boston Celtics coach Doc Rivers said Thursday that Jeff Green had "earned" a starting role with his inspired play lately and suggested that he'll heavily consider a first unit that could put Green alongside Avery Bradley, Paul Pierce, Brandon Bass, and Kevin Garnett.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4703968/the-intriguing-piercegreen-combo

I suggested this lineup months ago and was mocked by the brilliant posters here.

You suggested Green at the two not the three. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

Its about time. JG's D has been just as, if not more impressive than his offensive production. He is simply a freakish athlete for a BIG, and though he doesn't rebound like one would expect, he certainly does play strong D. What a great complement to AB and KG. We finally got REAL an injection of scoring OPTIONS with JG strating with this group. Not a game too soon......

We'll see. Almost everyone of Green's big scoring games has come with him at power forward, not small forward. I'm hopeful he can keep it up though. 

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Key words "inspired play Lately"..he had to become more consistant, Kirk..

The Green of 2 months ago is not the same player we see today...

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to jtkl's comment:

In response to RallyC's comment:

We'll see. Almost everyone of Green's big scoring games has come with him at power forward, not small forward. I'm hopeful he can keep it up though. 

Green can't defend the 4. I have posted the stats on this many times.

You have posted old stats on this. He has defended there quite well this year.  Also that doesn't change the fact that every game he has dropped 25+ POINTS has been at the four.