Green out for year

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxCsBruins. Show SoxCsBruins's posts

Green out for year

Adrian Wojnarowski 
    After an aortic aneurysm was discovered, forward Jeff Green will have surgery and miss the 2011-'12 season, Celtics say.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TOMAA99999. Show TOMAA99999's posts

Re: Green out for year

To SoxCsBruins:
    Are you kidding.  Is this a joke that Jeff Green is going to be out for the year.   I hope that this report is false.   

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

This hasn't been reported on Boston.com yet.  Does anyone have a link to this? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxCsBruins. Show SoxCsBruins's posts

LINK:

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonsucks69. Show bostonsucks69's posts

Because Jeff Green could not pass the physical, the free agent contract he signed with the Celtics will be voided.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from no1celticsfan. Show no1celticsfan's posts

It's reported now.....and after Green himself assured everyone that it was nothing heart related.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DTownCelticsFan. Show DTownCelticsFan's posts

Very disappointing but anything heart related is a serious issue. At this point I am just wishing Jeff a full recovery. I was looking forward to him playing a big role for us this year, but I guess it will just have to wait.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Well Danny the trade didn't work out so great even if Perk was awful.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

I feel for Jeff, the guy is young. One can only wish the best and hope he will be fine.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

In Response to Re: Green out for year:
    [QUOTE]Well Danny the trade didn't work out so great even if Perk was awful.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Perk would have been a FA this year and had already rejected the celtics offer.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TPETTEWAY1. Show TPETTEWAY1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Green out for year : Perk was a would have been a FA this year and had already rejected the celtics offer.
    Posted by stillallbost08[/QUOTE]

Good luck Jeff THE YOUNGINS will have to play more ..   team is just too old to make deep run in playoffs now

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

[QUOTE]Well Danny the trade didn't work out so great even if Perk was awful.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Are you Rondo??? get over the Perk trade boy...stop dreaming about it..

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

[QUOTE]team is just too old to make deep run in playoffs now
    Posted by TPETTEWAY1[/QUOTE]

I bet you not...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonsucks69. Show bostonsucks69's posts

Replacing him with injury exception would cost Boston $28 million A) have to pay Green, b) have to pay new guy, c) tax on both

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

cabutan,
    Like all of us who can taste Celtics glory before every season you are wishing a little too hard. The Celtics need help on this roster, let's hope by some miracle it is coming.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

Is this true?

Bill Simmons
    Celts at $77m ($7m over tax) even w/o Green. No exceptions left. Can only sign minimum salary guys. PP/Ray backups: Pavlovic/Daniels. Yikes.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

First off, I hope Green can come through this successfully and continue his career.

Ok Mr. Ainge, what happened to giving him a physical before you gave him a contract???

Hopefully we can get a medical exemption and be able to sign someone at his salary.

I would try to give Afflalo the $9M and Dalembert the MLE.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Shouldn't he have had to take a physical before signing?  Thought that was rountine, guess not. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

This is awful, such a young and humble kid. He wanted to prove the Celtics fans this year how good he could be. Very sad when things like this happen to such young and humble kid. But I do believe in miracles and will be praying for a fast recovery.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

dont send him to the red sox doctor
    BEST to JG.   Now whats the deal with the money.  Can C's sign another    player at same salary for this season?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

[QUOTE]dont send him to the red sox doctor . BEST to JG.   Now whats the deal with the money.  Can C's sign another    player at same salary for this season?
    Posted by dbeach48[/QUOTE]

I thought I heard that we can for around half of his contract but Bill Simmons seems to think that we can't because we are already over the cap even without his contract?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from danny1972. Show danny1972's posts

Go kill yourself loser!
    [QUOTE]Why is it that only the Celtics get all these heart related tragedies? Bias, Lewis, Green, Dennis Johnson. Could it be the wrath of God giving arrogant Celtics and their fans a message. Maybe it's time during this Christmas season for you all to do some soul searching about Celtic arrogance and hate, and name calling like fierce and russ-red and so many others on this board. Payback is a b88ch, isn't it+ Think twice before calling L.A. people rapists and perverts and fakers and koMe. The chickens have come home to roost, once again. Don't you haters ever learn? My faith in God is neverending, and sadly I knew it was only a matter of time that He would respond. Humble yourself before the Great One.
    Posted by Lakerstroll[/QUOTE]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"
    Perk would have been a FA this year and had already rejected the celtics offer"

Keep telling yourself that. We could have had Perk if we'd been willing to pay him. Whether that was a great idea can be debated. Bottom line is the trade at that point was a bust. Should have kept Perk for that seasons' run and let him walk. 

Feel bad for Green, rooting for him to recover.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

he isnt almost dead u moron, he will be fine, but it is sad to see this happen to anyone...the slim hope i had for this team raising banner #18 this year has gotten even slimmer after hearing this..

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

Glad the C's Docs caight this in time. This young man is a special person, lets hope he recovers fine and lives a long and healthy and happy life. May god bless. 

Sections
Shortcuts