Green starting to feel comfortable

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rondoguy9. Show rondoguy9's posts

Green starting to feel comfortable

Last night you saw spurts of what Jeff Green can do.  With Davis out for the next couple of games, Green should see increased time.  Hopefully he continues to get comfortable and becomes a dangerous player off the bench.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Re: Green starting to feel comfortable

I think Green is gonna tear the roof off the sucker (showing my age). Seriously, he looks good in the post and on the perimeter. A little more acclaimation to the system and he is going to be tremendous.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

although he is a good legit player, i don't know what u guys are seeing.
    still far away being a standard celtics player. it will take a lot of time.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Green, Green grass of home.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Green starting to feel comfortable:
    although he is a good legit player, i don't know what u guys are seeing. still far away being a standard celtics player. it will take a lot of time.
    Posted by CHEisCHE

You're just too radical. That's why you don't see it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

"We got a reeeeeaaaal type of thaaaaang goin' down, gettin' dow-ownnnnn, there's a who-hole lot of rythmmmm goin' round" (doont doont doo-doont)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

Che, he's gonna be really good with the Celts.  He is like Tony Allen only 2 inches taller and with an offensive game.  I've never seen this guy guard LeBron James tho.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

"We got a reeeeeaaaal type of thaaaaang goin' down, gettin' dow-ownnnnn, there's a who-hole lot of rythmmmm goin' round" (doont doont doo-doont)
    Posted by DaCeltics

Heh Heh...Brings back memories of the Pfunk Earth Tour. Thanks for the laughs.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I think his defensive ability and 3 point shooting were overated, but I also think coming off the bench, he will be fine.  He has a step back J on the baseline thats money, similar to the old P.Pierce and I think his game will evolve by playing with Pierce and picking up little tricks on offense.  Pierce is one of if not the best at all the tricks on offense. I remember when he first started doing that upfake move to get fouled, he was shaky and now its automatic.  Also I think they overated Kristics shooting ability.   He shoots is ok for a big man, but he is no big Z, he missed a couple of wide open 10 footers but I will give him time and as long as he keeps scoring inside I could care less.  He is def. not gonna duplicate K.G. by consistently hitting that 18 footer but we can use Murphy for that who IS a legitimate shooter for a big man.   All in all, Im happy so far.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

I doubt Jeff Green will ever learn Paul Pierce's wheelchair trick.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

I agree with che, save for some decent post up moves hes been pretty bad on the perimiter offensively and defensively, ive already seen 2 airballs from him and his lateral quickness guarding on the perimeter is lacking , ak47 took him to the rack on several occasions and he couldnt stay in front without fouling.
    Im curious to see how he adjusts coming off the bench ,he always been a high minute guy (37 min a game with thunder). Since hes not really great at any one thing that doesnt seem to bode well for being a bench guy. A bench player has to have 1 great skill defense, 3 pt shooting etc. Hopefully he just needs more time to adjust.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

One thing is clear, Jeff Green is better than Marquis Daniels. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I think if he keeps it simple and plays his game he will be fine. He is not used to playing the pine and it will take time, but he can post up backup 3's right now, and they should just let him focus on that.  Like I said they overated his 3 pt shooting.  Can he hit the occasional 3?  yes, but its not one of his strong suits, and I am a little dissapointed that he hasnt dunked on anyone yet, cuz thats all I saw on Youtube...lol

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Nobody's mentioned how sometimes when a player comes to the Celtics, his game improves because of the Celtic system.  To the naysayers, give Green sometime or some of what your posting may come back to bite you.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Way too early to judge Green. I am just seeing alot of talent. I could be wrong, I hope I'm not. But please, give him some tiiiiiiiiiimmmmmeeeee. Like all of the new guys.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

Green needs to stop letting,so many guys drive to their right. He has been beaten too often for a player who should be a quicker and better on defense.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Green will have some similarities to Nate last year - its mid-year and the way he's been taught to play D is different than the Celts.  Some teams say make a man go baseline and know he's gotta come back to the basket.  Some teams say force him to the middle and you'll have help there.  Some say ALWAYS force him to his weak side.  Every team's philosophy is different.  Green is like Nate - unfamiliar with our system and it will take some time (and practice) for him to get used to doing it "the Celtic way".  Let's give him a few weeks and see how he's doing.   Too early to judge him now.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rondoguy9. Show rondoguy9's posts

I think he is a better offensive player than what everyone realizes.  He was averaging close to 16 a game in OKC with Durant and Westbrook both averaging well above 20 points per game.  That means hes efficient, and has a great shot selection.  Hopefully that can carry over into the second unit.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

KG says that Green does things so effortlessly...not without effort...high athletic and high skills....bodes well...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

KG says that Green does things so effortlessly...not without effort...high athletic and high skills....bodes well...
    Posted by mountainmonkey

If KG likes this guy, I respect his opinion...big time...

Fans will grow to love this guy...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rondoguy9. Show rondoguy9's posts

He is potentially an essential future piece to this team.  Green, Rondo, Baby Davis are the young core players that will be the future of the Celts.  You know Ainge is going to pick up a big time free agent in a year when a lot of cash comes off the books.  This team will be solid for a very long time.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Is Aigne secretly conversing with Belichick?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

I hope they give him a extention now for like 3 years I year as a role player under PP and KG then a starter for the final 2. He is at hid lowest market value now. If he does well and we win his value will skyrocket.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

After Green threw down 20+ last night, thought I'd bump this thread up to the top so the posters who had some serious doubts about his abilities could snack on a little crow.  A little BBQ sauce makes it go down better.

Sections
Shortcuts