Green Staying?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Green Staying?

Sam Amico from Fox sports say this "Most executives contacted by FOX Sports say it seems more and more likely that Ainge and coach Brad Stevens want to build around point guard Rajon Rondo, forward Jeff Green and second-year big man Jared Sullinger, the reigning Eastern Conference Player of the Week.

Everyone else, however, appears to be available. (And even those three aren't considered untouchable.)

Outside of Rondo, Green and Sullinger, forward Brandon Bass and guard Avery Bradley are drawing the most interest. The same goes for backup forward Kris Humphries, whose $12 million contract is set to expire."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Re: Green Staying?

I like the thought of Green out of here. !5 points and 5 boards is not difficult production to get out the small forward position.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Green was the best player last year against the Knicks in the playoffs. Last night he finally had and impressive +/- which is a nice change. I think Brad is coaching him up and he's going to be a more consistent upper end player; a second or third option....now if they can add Melo and Asik, they become a contender. Asik, Sully, Melo, Green, Rondo...they're kind of using Jeff as a combo 2 (eg, curls around screens) and 3 so he would be more the 2 and Melo would do more posting up.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/scoring-per-game/position/small-forwards

he's #9 in the league at the SF position. the top 4 players on this list are untouchable. so that gives us a pretty small pool of players that can give us an upgrade at the 3, not counting the draft of course.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

i think a core group of 1-rondo, 2-?, 3-green, 4-sully, 5-? is a decent start.

we really need to fill the 2 and 5 spots with legit players. at the 2 we need a bigger outside shooter who can consistently knock down the 3 and space the floor better for us. at the 5 we need a big who can defend the rim and help sully on the glass. someone who has good hands and is decent in transition, but not someone who we'd need to build an offense around.

bradley, if we can keep him, and oly are the first two off the bench.

i think it's a start. of course there are 100 different ways we can go at this point, but this is one of the possibilities. whatever happens, i would love to see us solidify the 2 position. that helps rondo a lot. it probably also helps green by opening up lanes and keeping the other team from focusing just on him. as i said, though, there are a lot of ways we can go at this point. just depends on what opportunity falls in our lap.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to kaktug's comment:

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/scoring-per-game/position/small-forwards

he's #9 in the league at the SF position. the top 4 players on this list are untouchable. so that gives us a pretty small pool of players that can give us an upgrade at the 3, not counting the draft of course.

For 10 million bucks he is averaging 17 points a game per 36 minutes.

For the minimum Chris Johnson is averaging 13 points a game per 36 minutes.

Green doesn't rebound, he doesn't play particularly good D.  No one would notice if he was gone.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

how well is chris johnson going to guard the top 4 players on the linked list?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying Johnson is as good as Green. I just think that he is paid too much for what he produces. I don't see that changing.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

How well does Green guard them?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying Johnson is as good as Green. I just think that he is paid too much for what he produces. I don't see that changing.

This is just a guess (assuming the rumors are true) but they may just want to see how he does with Rondo. Green and Rajon really haven't had a chance to play together much over the years. If he doesn't improve, there is always the possability that Ainge moves him in the off season, instead of the deadline.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/scoring-per-48-minutes/position/small-forwards

he's 8th in the league in scoring at his position on a per-48 list. evan turner is one position ahead of him, he's making 6.6 and about to get seriously PAID on his next contract. paul pierce is one position behind green and he's making 15+. so it's hard to say that green is really overpaid.

that said, he's not a go-to guy with the game on the line or the guy that's going to carry your team. he doesn't have that fire in his belly. those guys make more like what PP is making.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

fairly well actually. half the reason we got green when we did was to be able to play him against lebron in the playoffs. no one stops lebron, but green guards him fairly well. and he's 3 inches taller than johnson. guys like lebron, melo, george and going to eat a smaller johnson up. he's probably really a 2-guard in this league. don't get me wrong. i like what i've seen from him so far. but it's a pretty small data set from which to work. and i'm certainly not ready to name him the starting 3. so if you want to trade green, which is fine, you've got to replace him with a player that's not currently on this roster.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

fairly well actually. half the reason we got green when we did was to be able to play him against lebron in the playoffs. no one stops lebron, but green guards him fairly well. and he's 3 inches taller than johnson. guys like lebron, melo, george and going to eat a smaller johnson up. he's probably really a 2-guard in this league. don't get me wrong. i like what i've seen from him so far. but it's a pretty small data set from which to work. and i'm certainly not ready to name him the starting 3. so if you want to trade green, which is fine, you've got to replace him with a player that's not currently on this roster.

I agree that Johnson is not in Green's class. I just was trying to make a point.

Also you keep bringing up Greens scoring as opposed to other SFs. While his scoring is 9th, his FG percentage is 17th

Green jacks up A LOT of shots to be the 9th best scoring SF in the NBA.

I don't hate Green, but I don't think he brings much that another decent SF couldnt bring.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

I am fine with building around Rondo, Green, and Sullinger as long as we can add Embiid and Hayward.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to chris33's comment:

I am fine with building around Rondo, Green, and Sullinger as long as we can add Embiid and Hayward.

That would be a very good team...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from myurkus. Show myurkus's posts

I am ok with green staying or leaving, but I really can't see him leaving.  I don't think there is a lot of interest.  I hope I am wrong, but I think only Bass and Hump are gone by the deadline, and probably for very little, maybe a low pick and an expiring contract, which is fine with me.  Noone is taking Wallace, and I think Rondo and Green will be here next year.  And we all need to face the reality that we aren't getting Embiid. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to chris33's comment:

Love it, but I don't see any way we get Embiid without luck from the ping pong balls.

Which is why we need to look at Asik.

Rondo - Hayward - Parker - Sully and Asik is a pretty good team, too.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

From the rumors floating around on jgreen he doesnt seem to have much value in the league, and other gms seem hesitant on taking on the rest of his deal 2/18. So apparently they think hes overpaid. I heard one with jgreen for demare carroll? If thats the kind of return for jgreen id much rather keep him. At least he sometimes plays like an all star, Carroll is an overachieving role player at best, who is having a career year with his 10ppg avg. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" like the thought of Green out of here. !5 points and 5 boards is not difficult production to get out the small forward position."

plus Green is soft and wildly inconsistent. 

problem is Dannny is reluctant to trade him because he doesn't want to concede the Perk trade was a failure. And then, when Green has a good night he looks like a bargain on his current contract. 

But he is fool's gold. 

Here I'll say it: we will never win a championship with Jeff Green on our team.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shamrock1000. Show shamrock1000's posts

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/scoring-per-48-minutes/position/small-forwards

he's 8th in the league in scoring at his position on a per-48 list. evan turner is one position ahead of him, he's making 6.6 and about to get seriously PAID on his next contract. paul pierce is one position behind green and he's making 15+. so it's hard to say that green is really overpaid.

that said, he's not a go-to guy with the game on the line or the guy that's going to carry your team. he doesn't have that fire in his belly. those guys make more like what PP is making.

Agree with your analysis of Green, and always suspected his contract was not as bad as some folks here make it out to be. The guy is never going to dominate games consistently, but he is a good player and, I actually think he would thrive as a number 2 or 3 guy.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

" like the thought of Green out of here. !5 points and 5 boards is not difficult production to get out the small forward position."

plus Green is soft and wildly inconsistent. 

problem is Dannny is reluctant to trade him because he doesn't want to concede the Perk trade was a failure. And then, when Green has a good night he looks like a bargain on his current contract. 

But he is fool's gold. 

Here I'll say it: we will never win a championship with Jeff Green on our team.

so if our lineup was chris paul, lebron, green, love and dwight howard, we would not win a title? lol

the problem is not that our #3 option is not a good #3 option, it's that we don't have a #1 and #2 option. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxpatscelts25. Show soxpatscelts25's posts

"Outside of Rondo, Green and Sullinger, forward Brandon Bass and guard Avery Bradley are drawing the most interest."

There has got to be a team that will take  Gerald Wallace's contract if we can give them Avery and he agrees to resign with them. Forget getting a pick back. Gerald Wallace is gonna be an issue the next 2 years. 

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxpatscelts25. Show soxpatscelts25's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:

In response to soxpatscelts25's comment:

"Outside of Rondo, Green and Sullinger, forward Brandon Bass and guard Avery Bradley are drawing the most interest."

There has got to be a team that will take  Gerald Wallace's contract if we can give them Avery and he agrees to resign with them. Forget getting a pick back. Gerald Wallace is gonna be an issue the next 2 years. 

Ainge will not use Avery Bradley to sweeten a Gerald Wallace trade.

Why not? Just like many of you say Jeff Green's 17 and 5 isnt impressive, you could say AB's 14-1-4 isnt impressive. I understand he is 23 years old but he is an undersized 2 guard who is a decent scorer, cant pass, decent rebounder for his size, and plays good defense.

Tony Allen is a better defender than AB, scores 10 points per game, 4 boards, and 2 assists. Tony Allen makes 4.5 million this year. Avery's 4 extra points per game is not worth another 3 million on top of tony allen's contract, even if he is still only 23. 

You know who averages 14 and 3 per game as  a shooting guard? Gerald Green (28 years old) and he makes 3.5 million. A player like Jodie Meeks (only 26 years old) scores 14 a game and gets 3 rebounds and I doubt he will get 7.5 like people think AB should get. 

This is just my personal opinion but I think Avery Bradley is way over rated

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts