Green Thunderous Dunk.....sweet

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Green Thunderous Dunk.....sweet

How about Greens down the lane thunderous Dunk. That was awesome. This guy is really starting to come into his own. He should be starting.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Re: Green Thunderous Dunk.....sweet

In response to Kirk6's comment:

I was about to start the same thread.

What a beautiful moment.

It was awesome. Now just need to see more. Love the decision he made. Green is really starting to impress me. Time to ship Bass out maybe.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Green should start at the 2.

He can cover Lebron. He can cover Wade. He can cover Ray Allen.

I wish Doc had some imagination.

Well with Rondo out, this should force Doc to use his players more. He is loyal to a fault. I am actually liking this team better without Rondo. And not just because they won a gritty game today. But because it opens up possibilities for more players. All the dribbling and crazy off shoot passing from Rondo is gone now. And they actually ran better today without him. Now, just straight b-ball....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

I thought his D all game out shined the dunk.  He should be in the starting lineup some how, some way.  The more comfortable this cat gets the better he will be.  He will get comfortable quicker in the starting 5 and more minutes.  Magic and Rose seem to think KG and Pierce will be in other cities before long.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Yeah, that 11 points 4 rebounds and 0 assists in 42 minutes were awe inspiring.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

His Defense was big today...and he even pump faked once...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

If you were in his shape a little over a year ago, you may think different!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

Nice job ignoring his defense...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtic213. Show celtic213's posts

He had massive impact on the game, yeah I'd say his athletic abilty to stick Lebron in crunch time was pretty awe inspiring.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Snake I am going to not agree with you on this one. His D on Mebron was very good he did things PP cant do anymore. Nobody stops mebron but keeping him at his average slowing down wade is what beats the heat.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

In response to genaro008's comment:

Snake I am going to not agree with you on this one. His D on Mebron was very good he did things PP cant do anymore. Nobody stops mebron but keeping him at his average slowing down wade is what beats the heat.

Well put

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Come on, Snake.  Give credit where its due.  Jeff's baskets were important baskets and efficient (50% from the field) and as every poster says - he D was critical on Lebron.  We would have won in OT if Paul weren't sleeping under the basket while Green is being pic'd off.   Jeff was playing the way he did against Carmelo as a stopper and remember he had 17 points against Atlanta.   The kid deserved criticism earlier but he's starting to come around.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:

Come on, Snake.  Give credit where its due.  Jeff's baskets were important baskets and efficient (50% from the field) and as every poster says - he D was critical on Lebron.  We would have won in OT if Paul weren't sleeping under the basket while Green is being pic'd off.   Jeff was playing the way he did against Carmelo as a stopper and remember he had 17 points against Atlanta.   The kid deserved criticism earlier but he's starting to come around.

I've always felt that Green needs to start and be given a consistent 30+ minutes to be efficient. I mean he averaged 15-16 PPG in OKC as the 3rd scoring option (and that's when OKC was trying to make him a 4)...he has to at least be decent.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Green was simply wild-eyed on defense taking on LBJ. That's the most engaged I've ever seen him play here or in OKL.

The dunk was great too but the defense reminded me of the type the Cs used to play, vintage 2007-8.

JGreen was really ballin', busting his azz and I loved it!!!

Pud

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

Green was simply wild-eyed on defense taking on LBJ. That's the most engaged I've ever seen him play here or in OKL.

The dunk was great too but the defense reminded me of the type the Cs used to play, vintage 2007-8.

JGreen was really ballin', busting his azz and I loved it!!!

Pud

wow you can have a positive post I knew you had it in you

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtic213. Show celtic213's posts

I know Green's been inconsistent. He has good moments and bad moments, but this guys good moments are big time. He can do things on the court that not many people can do. I just dont think hes going to become the star that Danny and Doc want him to become on the bench. I hope they start him and play him big time minutes, this was one of the few games he got big minutes and seemed to get better as the game went on. You want to get the best out of him? Play him.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to celtic213's comment:

He had massive impact on the game, yeah I'd say his athletic abilty to stick Lebron in crunch time was pretty awe inspiring.

He also blocked Ray Allen's shot.

Lee's block on Queen Lebron was pretty sweet as well.

the best play was at the first of the game when Lebron got to take about 5 steps on his layup and then a couple plays later we get called for traveling.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Thanks for shining a 5,000 watt spotlight on your basketball IQ.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to antiqueman1's comment:

Green should start at the 2.

He can cover Lebron. He can cover Wade. He can cover Ray Allen.

I wish Doc had some imagination.

Well with Rondo out, this should force Doc to use his players more. He is loyal to a fault. I am actually liking this team better without Rondo. And not just because they won a gritty game today. But because it opens up possibilities for more players. All the dribbling and crazy off shoot passing from Rondo is gone now. And they actually ran better today without him. Now, just straight b-ball....

Isnt it sad DOc needs to be forced to do this?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

Oh what a cute insult.

He played great D.

He was not strong on offense, rebounded poorly and had o assists in 42 minutes.

Enlighten me on what you disagree with basketball genius.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

Oh what a cute insult.

He played great D.

He was not strong on offense, rebounded poorly and had o assists in 42 minutes.

Enlighten me on what you disagree with basketball genius.

Some reason you left He played great D out  of your original assessment of Greens game?

That was by far the best and most important attribute to his game yesterday, giving Lebron difficulty getting the shots he wanted.. especially down the stretch and OT..   11 points isnt bad (11% of teams total) on 50% shooting...

it was a tough, grind out game where only one team scored 100 pts after 2 OT's and JG shot 50%, only 2 others on the C's shot any better...

But youre still missing the point.. JG's defense  was clearly the attention getter  and you didnt even notice it in your original analysis