Green Thunderous Dunk.....sweet

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Re: Green Thunderous Dunk.....sweet

In response to Karllost's comment:

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

Yeah, that 11 points 4 rebounds and 0 assists in 42 minutes were awe inspiring.

Thanks for shining a 5,000 watt spotlight on your basketball IQ.

Oh what a cute insult.

He played great D.

He was not strong on offense, rebounded poorly and had o assists in 42 minutes.

Enlighten me on what you disagree with basketball genius.

Some reason you left He played great D out  of your original assessment of Greens game?

That was by far the best and most important attribute to his game yesterday, giving Lebron difficulty getting the shots he wanted.. especially down the stretch and OT..   11 points isnt bad (11% of teams total) on 50% shooting...

it was a tough, grind out game where only one team scored 100 pts after 2 OT's and JG shot 50%, only 2 others on the C's shot any better...

But youre still missing the point.. JG's defense  was clearly the attention getter  and you didnt even notice it in your original analysis

For some reason you didn't notice that this thread was about a dunk. Not about his Defense.  Then for some reason you said I didn't know anything about basketball because I mentioned Green did next to nothing on offense or on the boards.

This thread wasn't about his D.  I was responding to the OP about what a "great dunk" Green had.

You missed the point of the thread. Not me.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

In response to red2004sox's comment:

I thought his D all game out shined the dunk.  He should be in the starting lineup some how, some way.  The more comfortable this cat gets the better he will be.  He will get comfortable quicker in the starting 5 and more minutes.  Magic and Rose seem to think KG and Pierce will be in other cities before long.

His D was great! The play of the game for me was when he took that charge from LeBron right on this now reattached chest cavity; that was a thump...Jeff played great two way basketball yesterday and was clearly the Celtics player of the game (a game in which everybody came to play).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Oh what a cute insult.

He played great D.

Some reason you left He played great D out  of your original assessment of Greens game?

That was by far the best and most important attribute to his game yesterday, giving Lebron difficulty getting the shots he wanted.. especially down the stretch and OT..   11 points isnt bad (11% of teams total) on 50% shooting...

it was a tough, grind out game where only one team scored 100 pts after 2 OT's and JG shot 50%, only 2 others on the C's shot any better...

But youre still missing the point.. JG's defense  was clearly the attention getter  and you didnt even notice it in your original analysis

For some reason you didn't notice that this thread was about a dunk. Not about his Defense.  Then for some reason you said I didn't know anything about basketball because I mentioned Green did next to nothing on offense or on the boards.

This thread wasn't about his D.  I was responding to the OP about what a "great dunk" Green had.

If the thread was about JG's dunk... then why did you post about his stat line??

Let me know your rationale on this after telling me my post isnt about his dunk

Also, my post was in response to yours,, ya know, the one mentioning (sarcastically) how awe inspiring JG's stat line was

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to genaro008's comment:

Snake I am going to not agree with you on this one. His D on Mebron was very good he did things PP cant do anymore. Nobody stops mebron but keeping him at his average slowing down wade is what beats the heat.

You are right.  His defensive efforts can't be ignored.  Don't believe anyone else on the current Celtics team would have been any better. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Oh what a cute insult.

He played great D.

If the thread was about JG's dunk... then why did you post about his stat line??

Also, my post was in response to yours,, ya know, the one mentioning (sarcastically) how awe inspiring JG's stat line was

That's kind of easy. A dunk is not important.  it's just two points. The thread was about how great JG's dunk was and then mentioned how he should be playing more.  

So I posted his stat line to (sarcastically) show that dunk or not he didn't show up on offense or the boards.

then you called me stupid because I posted his stat line.

You up to speed yet?

Go back and read the original post.  You know...about a dunk.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Oh what a cute insult.

He played great D.

That's kind of easy. A dunk is not important.  it's just two points. The thread was about how great JG's dunk was and then mentioned how he should be playing more.  

So I posted his stat line to (sarcastically) show that dunk or not he didn't show up on offense or the boards.

You up to speed yet?

First off I didnt call you stupid, nice try at making up bs to get sympathy.. thats pathetic..

Second, if you posted his stat line to show he didnt show up offensively or on the boards (in your opinion) , then why did you leave out his great defensive play???  Maybe you just didnt notice

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Oh what a cute insult.

He played great D.

You up to speed yet?

First off I didnt call you stupid, nice try at making up bs to get sympathy.. thats pathetic..

Second, if you posted his stat line to show he didnt show up offensively or on the boards (in your opinion) , then why did you leave out his great defensive play???  Maybe you just didnt notice

Sympathy? Are you kidding? Who am i trying to get sympathy from? You're pathetic.

What don't you get?  THe OP was about his offense. I was responding to the OP.

Which was about his offense.  Which is what I was responding to.

I can say it 8 more times if you want.

If the thread was about his D I wouldn't have put up his stat line. Because then it would have been about his D. 

Since it was about a dunk (which is actually a shot that is taken on offense) I put up his stat line.

If you look at the thread above me only one guy mentioned his D and that guy posted at the same time I did.

Get it?

Wow.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I know get why you are called karllost.

You need a road map to follow what is going on.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Oh what a cute insult.

He played great D.

You up to speed yet?

I beg to differ. Yes, a Dunk is only worth 2, but it can have so many more affects on a team. It lifted Green. He was pumped. It brought the crowd to its feet. They were pumped. It kept the Cs in the game metally and physically. It was a stand up and take notice moment.  So, the thunderous Dunk was worth way more than just 2 points in my opinion snake.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to antiqueman1's comment:

Oh what a cute insult.

He played great D.

You up to speed yet?

I beg to differ. Yes, a Dunk is only worth 2, but it can have so many more affects on a team. It lifted Green. He was pumped. It brought the crowd to its feet. They were pumped. It kept the Cs in the game metally and physically. It was a stand up and take notice moment.  So, the thunderous Dunk was worth way more than just 2 points in my opinion snake.

Which is cool.

All I did was post the guys stat line and point out that he didn't have the greatest game ever, and yes I did so in a sarcastic way. I had no idea that would cause people to freak out.

I think Green needs to be much more aggressive on the boards and on offense.  The dunk was a good sign and he played strong D yesterday.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

In response to Kirk6's comment:

In response to celtic213's comment:

He had massive impact on the game, yeah I'd say his athletic abilty to stick Lebron in crunch time was pretty awe inspiring.

He also blocked Ray Allen's shot.

Lee's block on Queen Lebron was pretty sweet as well.

the best play was at the first of the game when Lebron got to take about 5 steps on his layup and then a couple plays later we get called for traveling.

+1

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Just like it doesn't matter who starts but who finishes, the timing of plays on either end matters a great deal to the team.  It can energize the other players, it certainly gets the home crowd into it, and it can spark a player to greater expectations for himself in subsequent games.  A big, loud dunk at a not-so-critical part of the game, or if the team is down for the count means nothing, but one that is at a momentous point near the end has much greater meaning, for that time and those that follow.  

Sections
Shortcuts