Green vs Pierce per 36 minutes

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Re: Green vs Pierce per 36 minutes

In response to RallyC's comment:

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

In response to RallyC's comment:

There has been so much talk about how Green needs to start and Pierce needs to sit. 

I guess that makes tons of sense if you want less production

Green per 36 15..4 points 4.8 rebounds 1.5 assists.

Pierce per 36 19.6 points 6.7 boards 4.8 assists.

Green does play good D. Other than that he is about as average a player as one could find.

BUT Snake, what are JG's numbers since RR went down? That is the real story. He is getting to touch the ball and not just be an after thought on the court. Before it was RR, PP, KG, then to whoever was the bailout. Now its ball movement. AND, I wonder what their T-Over numbers are since then too. His emergence is a huge reason we are now 10-4 (.714) and that includes this brutal 5-games in 7-days West Coast swing....all since the RR ACL.....

Last 10 games green is playing 32 minutes a game and averaging 15.3 points 4.3 rebounds and 1.8 assists.

last 10 games pierce is playing 34 minutes and averaging 17.7 points 7.5 boards and 7 assists.

OK, Nice job....Clearly still in line with your suppositions. BUTI bet the shooting percentages aren't even close. Hit me!

Thats kind of the point. Green is not aggressive.  he is playing 32 minutes a game and shooting close to 50 percent and he is averaging 15 points because he doesn't look for his offense.  And the fact Pierce is getting twice as many boards as Green is simply effort.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Last 5 games PP 2.4 to's per game,  JG  1.6 to's per game.    I will take all the ball handling PP does for .8 turnovers per game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

Last 5 games PP 2.4 to's per game,  JG  1.6 to's per game.    I will take all the ball handling PP does for .8 turnovers per game.

twice as many rebounds and 5 times as many assists....

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

There is a difference between resting your players and winning games like the Spurs do and resting players and losing games.  We all know you think your smarter than Doc is Kirk,  but

Newsflash-  your not.

Resting players is also giving them days off practice as well.

Recent quotes:

"Doc just doesn't get it"

"Doc will never get it"

"maybe you have noticed,  coaches have no imagination"

"JG needs to start at the 2 guard"

etc, etc, etc,

Do you know how foolish these quotes make you look?

Everyone on this board thinks they know basketball,  myself included, but some of your comments are down right idiotic. 

Doc overplays his players, and his rotations are terrible. He let Rondo goof off and ruin the first half of the season. These are the facts.

Insulting me personally will not change them.

Those are opinions. Statistics are facts.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

There is a difference between resting your players and winning games like the Spurs do and resting players and losing games.  We all know you think your smarter than Doc is Kirk,  but

Newsflash-  your not.

Recent quotes:

"Doc will never get it"

etc, etc, etc,

Everyone on this board thinks they know basketball,  myself included, but some of your comments are down right idiotic. 

Doc overplays his players, and his rotations are terrible. He let Rondo goof off and ruin the first half of the season. These are the facts.

I only stated fact as well.  I guess the truth does hurt.  If only we had you at the helm.  Rondo didn't exactly ruin the first half of the season.  Another nice quote from you.

Please explain how his rotations are terrible and what you would do differently.  

Then explain how Rondo ruined our season in the first half.

Can you explain these two quotes?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Another WAY out there hope from Hedley -

If KG retires, my vision for next year would be:

Evans, Bradley, Green, Clark, Cousins

Terry, Crawford, Pierce, Sullinger, Bargnani

Williams, Wilcox and Melo.............

Ah....to dream!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

Ah....to dream!!!

If KG retires,  PP will be gone as well.   Bargnari?    I am going to throw up.  How can we get Evan and Cousins?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Newsflash-  your not.

Recent quotes:

"Doc will never get it"

etc, etc, etc,

I only stated fact as well.  I guess the truth does hurt.  If only we had you at the helm.  Rondo didn't exactly ruin the first half of the season.  Another nice quote from you.

Please explain how his rotations are terrible and what you would do differently.  

Do you even watch the games?

0-6 with Rondo, 7-0 without him.

On offense Rondo pounds the ball into the ground until there is not time left on the shot clock, then he tries to make some ridiculous pass that may or may not work. He dominated the ball. No ball movement.

On defense Rondo goes for steal in invariably gets beaten off the dribble. One game his man almost set a record for three pointers in a half because Rondo refused to cover him.

Doc never called Rondo on it or pulled him from games no matter how much he goofed off on defense. Bradley is a breath of fresh air by comparison.

OK now tell us how the rotations are so bad.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Newsflash-  your not.

Recent quotes:

"Doc will never get it"

etc, etc, etc,

On offense Rondo pounds the ball into the ground until there is no time left on the shot clock, then he tries to make some ridiculous pass that may or may not work. He dominated the ball. No ball movement.

On defense Rondo goes for steals and invariably gets beaten off the dribble. One game his man almost set a record for three pointers in a half because Rondo refused to cover him.

Doc never called Rondo on it or pulled him from games no matter how much he goofed off on defense. Bradley is a breath of fresh air by comparison.

You don't know that.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

One last question Kirk,

With Doc's bad rotations,  him not handling Rondo right,  tell me,  would our team have more wins if you were running the team?  Would we be a better team?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

I think the idea would be that Green's production could/would increase with more minutes at the expense of Paul's...no idea if that would actually happen.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

One last question Kirk,

With Doc's bad rotations,  him not handling Rondo right,  tell me,  would our team have more wins if you were running the team?  Would we be a better team?

What is he supposed to answer to this? look, we all have our opinions and that's part of the fun of being on a board like this.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to basketbert's comment:

One last question Kirk,

What is he supposed to answer to this? look, we all have our opinions and that's part of the fun of being on a board like this.

Your right.   Unless he feels he would be.

Little carried away.  Bad morning.   No excuse.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Ah....to dream!!!

If KG retires,  PP will be gone as well.   Bargnari?    I am going to throw up.  How can we get Evan and Cousins?

Rondo for Evans and Cousins.  Bagnani needs a change of scenery, and would be a very good bench player........the expectations in TOR are too high.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Ah....to dream!!!

Rondo for Evans and Cousins.  Bagnani needs a change of scenery, and would be a very good bench player........the expectations in TOR are too high.

===========================================

Would be California Dreaming for me to get Cousins & Evans for Rondo.

Regarding Pierce, irrespective of bad shooting % nights and being called hogging the ball, Kobe has higher scoring numbers than PP and "why"...because he has had Bynum & Gasol & now Howard & Gasol to get the team ususally +10 in rebounds, aka second shots. Kobe can shoot 25% and have a terrible night and then get a clutch "3" or drive to the basket winning shot.  PP, irrespective of turnovers, is probably our 2nd best rebounder to KG(don't know stats) & remember 2 years ago he won the best shooting "3"s contest. Tell me he didn't win the Utah game...yup missed the game winner but then got 7 pts in a row in OT. Get us a big man for rebound advantages/second chance shots & PP would have Kobe numbers !!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Newsflash-  your not.

Recent quotes:

"Doc will never get it"

etc, etc, etc,

On offense Rondo pounds the ball into the ground until there is no time left on the shot clock, then he tries to make some ridiculous pass that may or may not work. He dominated the ball. No ball movement.

On defense Rondo goes for steals and invariably gets beaten off the dribble. One game his man almost set a record for three pointers in a half because Rondo refused to cover him.

You don't know that.

Well, then if Doc did call RR on it, he is even a weaker coach than Kirk suggests because RR didn't respond at all and Doc still played him despite being insubordinate, or it was because RR did what Doc was telling him to do and that was pound and hog the ball. Either way, its back on Doc not doing what needed to be done with RR.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Newsflash-  your not.

Recent quotes:

"Doc will never get it"

etc, etc, etc,

+9, or should it be -9? Either way, you are exactly right.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Ortiz123's comment:

There has been so much talk about how Green needs to start and Pierce needs to sit. 

Green does play good D. Other than that he is about as average a player as one could find.

But have you considered what he could do at the two...

I say stick him at PG.  He could overpower any PG in the league.

He would give Steve Nash fits.

Seriously though Snake what you need to consider in minutes played is how much time the ball is actually in Green's hands, or how much it is in Pierce's?  There is a huge difference there.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

Seriously though Snake what you need to consider in minutes played is how much time the ball is actually in Green's hands, or how much it is in Pierce's?  There is a huge difference there.

I know. That's my point. Green isn't assertive.He never has been.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

If Green were on the Suns would he be a star because the ball would be in his hands.  Green could be just passive but if he got the ball on a regular basis he might be a big scorer too.  When Green is in with Pierce he is out on the three point line not near any rebounds.  Just another point that makes this case.  You may be right and Green will always be 15 and 5.  We need to definitively find out going forward.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

That's like saying, "Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play?"

Defense is half the game.

Green's defensive rotations are bad. It's one of the reasons he is usally a minus in the plus minus category. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

This is a good post. green has played well lately, but he is not a hall of famer. Pierce is. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

If Green were on the Suns would he be a star because the ball would be in his hands.  Green could be just passive but if he got the ball on a regular basis he might be a big scorer too.  When Green is in with Pierce he is out on the three point line not near any rebounds.  Just another point that makes this case.  You may be right and Green will always be 15 and 5.  We need to definitively find out going forward.

See I dont think that he would.  I think he wold be a guy that averaged 18 points a game and didn't rebound.

Don't get me wrong. I like him on the Celtics.  I just think he is always going to be a complimentary player.  I don't get the hype.