Green vs Pierce per 36 minutes

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Re: Green vs Pierce per 36 minutes

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

In response to Kirk6's comment:

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

In response to Kirk6's comment:

There is a difference between resting your players and winning games like the Spurs do and resting players and losing games.  We all know you think your smarter than Doc is Kirk,  but

Newsflash-  your not.

Resting players is also giving them days off practice as well.

Recent quotes:

"Doc just doesn't get it"

"Doc will never get it"

"maybe you have noticed,  coaches have no imagination"

"JG needs to start at the 2 guard"

etc, etc, etc,

Do you know how foolish these quotes make you look?

Everyone on this board thinks they know basketball,  myself included, but some of your comments are down right idiotic. 

Doc overplays his players, and his rotations are terrible. He let Rondo goof off and ruin the first half of the season. These are the facts.

Insulting me personally will not change them.

I only stated fact as well.  I guess the truth does hurt.  If only we had you at the helm.  Rondo didn't exactly ruin the first half of the season.  Another nice quote from you.

Please explain how his rotations are terrible and what you would do differently.  

Then explain how Rondo ruined our season in the first half.

Can you explain these two quotes?

Do you even watch the games?

0-6 with Rondo, 7-0 without him.

On offense Rondo pounds the ball into the ground until there is no time left on the shot clock, then he tries to make some ridiculous pass that may or may not work. He dominated the ball. No ball movement.

On defense Rondo goes for steals and invariably gets beaten off the dribble. One game his man almost set a record for three pointers in a half because Rondo refused to cover him.

Doc never called Rondo on it or pulled him from games no matter how much he goofed off on defense. Bradley is a breath of fresh air by comparison.

You don't know that.

Even if he did, he is not going to do it in the media for all to hear..only a moron would do that..

But he has hinted as such...talking about how the he loves the ball movement..so you have to read between the lines...the last time Doc fumed, he was referring about some players having to be ready to play and suchs..I think he was talking to Rondo...but that's speculation on my part..so if a coach hints to the media, I will assume that he has already confronted the player or players individually and as a team..again, Im assuming this...I don't pretend to know this for a fact...I haven't been invited to team meetings lately....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

Another WAY out there hope from Hedley -

If KG retires, my vision for next year would be:

Evans, Bradley, Green, Clark, Cousins

Terry, Crawford, Pierce, Sullinger, Bargnani

Williams, Wilcox and Melo.............

Ah....to dream!!!

If KG retires,  PP will be gone as well.   Bargnari?    I am going to throw up.  How can we get Evan and Cousins?

Rondo for Evans and Cousins.  Bagnani needs a change of scenery, and would be a very good bench player........the expectations in TOR are too high.

Im with you..make it happen...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

In response to concord27's comment:

In response to Ortiz123's comment:

There has been so much talk about how Green needs to start and Pierce needs to sit. 

I guess that makes tons of sense if you want less production

Green per 36 15..4 points 4.8 rebounds 1.5 assists.

Pierce per 36 19.6 points 6.7 boards 4.8 assists.

Green does play good D. Other than that he is about as average a player as one could find.

But have you considered what he could do at the two...

I say stick him at PG.  He could overpower any PG in the league.

He would give Steve Nash fits.

Seriously though Snake what you need to consider in minutes played is how much time the ball is actually in Green's hands, or how much it is in Pierce's?  There is a huge difference there.

I know. That's my point. Green isn't assertive.He never has been.

If Green were on the Suns would he be a star because the ball would be in his hands.  Green could be just passive but if he got the ball on a regular basis he might be a big scorer too.  When Green is in with Pierce he is out on the three point line not near any rebounds.  Just another point that makes this case.  You may be right and Green will always be 15 and 5.  We need to definitively find out going forward.

I hope so..I think he will be eventually, but I think he is still going through growing pains..
    Im hoping he is our Harden...kind of strange, that's the guy that Danny really wanted..huh..

Danny was right on that one...if only....WOW!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

No ballplayers have all the tools, but Paul and KG and Kobe and Rondo (yes) and Rose (not to mention LeBrat), etc. have a much broader skill package than a Jeff Green. Comparing JG to a declining HOFer is fine but only because CPP is in decline; in his prime Paul would eat and spit up JG 9 out of 10 games; as the stats above show; Paul is now just marginally better than JG. JG is never going to be a good passer; he is a mediocre rebounder. When he played 4 at OKC his per 36mins rebounds were 6, the same as Brandon Bass. Danny's big screw up was signing Bass long term on a career year as now he has gone back to his uninspiring career averages. Stuck with Bass (very limited skill set of 1 thing he does well - 10-14 foot open jumpers), Dannyhas no financial flexibility to go and get a decent 4 with size (rebounding). A three man rotation of a Paul, decent sized 4, and JG subbing at both positions gives each player 32 mins...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to futbal's comment:

No ballplayers have all the tools, but Paul and KG and Kobe and Rondo (yes) and Rose (not to mention LeBrat), etc. have a much broader skill package than a Jeff Green. Comparing JG to a declining HOFer is fine but only because CPP is in decline; in his prime Paul would eat and spit up JG 9 out of 10 games; as the stats above show; Paul is now just marginally better than JG. JG is never going to be a good passer; he is a mediocre rebounder. When he played 4 at OKC his per 36mins rebounds were 6, the same as Brandon Bass. Danny's big screw up was signing Bass long term on a career year as now he has gone back to his uninspiring career averages. Stuck with Bass (very limited skill set of 1 thing he does well - 10-14 foot open jumpers), Dannyhas no financial flexibility to go and get a decent 4 with size (rebounding). A three man rotation of a Paul, decent sized 4, and JG subbing at both positions gives each player 32 mins...

==========================================

Yes, post is about Pierce vs Green and you are 125% correct that the latter is being compared to the HOFamer only because of his age he is in decline. On a scale of 10 in his prime, PP was a 9 and Green maybe will become a 5 or 6.

You mention Bass and this is a moot point and I know his foot is broken & he's out for the year but I wish we had kept Big Baby. If he had been a 6'11"/7 footer, he's been a banger/basher for rebounds and at 6'8" he still was a good rebounder, a defender, could put in points in the post & was good too 5-15 ft out.  Heck, California Dreaming, I also miss Perk, Tony Allen, Eddie House & with our shooting mediocre these days, even Ray Allen(and I know keeping him was our choice) !!!