Green vs Pierce per 36 minutes

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Green vs Pierce per 36 minutes

There has been so much talk about how Green needs to start and Pierce needs to sit. 

I guess that makes tons of sense if you want less production

Green per 36 15..4 points 4.8 rebounds 1.5 assists.

Pierce per 36 19.6 points 6.7 boards 4.8 assists.

Green does play good D. Other than that he is about as average a player as one could find.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: Green vs Pierce per 36 minutes

Couldn't find this years,  but probably pretty similar.  This is sorted by points. Take the time to look at all the other parts of the game on PP and compare to the other guys. The assists- people around here like to say he won't pass,  hero ball.  Block shots.  The turnovers everyone complains about.  Lower than most on the list.

There are going to be a lot of posters around wishing he wasn't gone,  when he is actually retired or traded..  Since RR has been gone and the ball has been in Pauls hands more,  you may have noticed he is doing a lot of things.   No he is not shooting as well as normal, but most didn't know that he had and still has a pinched nerve.  Remember him aggravating it in Phoenix?  I would bet he is leading the team in charges taken as well, as he is constantly giving up his body and getting punished for it,   but keeps on doing it.

Unbelievable people saying he needs to come off the bench when he is far and away our best offensive player.  Yes he has slowed down some with age,  but he continues to produce.  Maybe one of these day Jeff will score as well as PP does now, (not what PP did when he was younger- that will never happen)  then Paul might need to come off the bench. Of course JG isn't going to rebound  like PP or create shots for people.

If I wasn't such a huge Celtic fan,  and I mean team fan,  I could nearly wish PP to be traded just so some of you guys would finally understand what he does for the team.  You can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink.

Any look at these stats,  maybe it will help you  understand.

http://www.82games.com/1112/CSORT11.HTM

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Pierce isn't a problem.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

Pierce isn't a problem.

Rivers is the problem.

Maybe.

Regardless I was talking about how Pierce outproduces Green offensively and on the boards by a wide margin.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

There has been so much talk about how Green needs to start and Pierce needs to sit. 

Green does play good D. Other than that he is about as average a player as one could find.

That's like saying, "Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play?"

Defense is half the game.

I wasn't arguing that it isn't. What's your point?

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Snake - got any data for when Green starts a game?

Not doubting you, but I think the day is coming when Green will start  - probably next year!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Everyone wishes Pop was their coach.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

Not doubting you, but I think the day is coming when Green will start  - probably next year!

I think he will start next year too but he will be the same 15 points 5 rebound guy he has always been.

It's who he is.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

I think he will start next year too but he will be the same 15 points 5 rebound guy he has always been.

It's who he is.

Hopefully its at the 4.   Unless PP is gone.  Somethiing tells me if PP goes,  so does KG.  KG knows who the players are on our team even if the fans don't.  Green just needs more minutes,  not necessarily PP minutes. Doc needs to do the one game off with Pierce just like he did KG.   Guys will step up when they know they are going to get minutes.   I would rather do games off than limit their time.  I am not saying they need 40 minutes a game but I hate the 5/5/5 with KG.  Of course Doc has a better feel than me.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

BUT Snake, what are JG's numbers since RR went down? That is the real story. He is getting to touch the ball and not just be an after thought on the court. Before it was RR, PP, KG, then to whoever was the bailout. Now its ball movement. AND, I wonder what their T-Over numbers are since then too. His emergence is a huge reason we are now 10-4 (.714) and that includes this brutal 5-games in 7-days West Coast swing....all since the RR ACL.....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

There is a difference between resting your players and winning games like the Spurs do and resting players and losing games.  We all know you think your smarter than Doc is Kirk,  but

Newsflash-  your not.

Resting players is also giving them days off practice as well.

Recent quotes:

"Doc just doesn't get it"

"Doc will never get it"

"maybe you have noticed,  coaches have no imagination"

"JG needs to start at the 2 guard"

etc, etc, etc,

Do you know how foolish these quotes make you look?

Everyone on this board thinks they know basketball,  myself included, but some of your comments are down right idiotic. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

BUT Snake, what are JG's numbers since RR went down? That is the real story. He is getting to touch the ball and not just be an after thought on the court. Before it was RR, PP, KG, then to whoever was the bailout. Now its ball movement. AND, I wonder what their T-Over numbers are since then too. His emergence is a huge reason we are now 10-4 (.714) and that includes this brutal 5-games in 7-days West Coast swing....all since the RR ACL.....

Last 10 games green is playing 32 minutes a game and averaging 15.3 points 4.3 rebounds and 1.8 assists.

last 10 games pierce is playing 34 minutes and averaging 17.7 points 7.5 boards and 7 assists.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Last 10 games green is playing 32 minutes a game and averaging 15.3 points 4.3 rebounds and 1.8 assists.

last 10 games pierce is playing 34 minutes and averaging 17.7 points 7.5 boards and 7 assists.

Wow Snake,  if PP would force up about 10 more shots a game and get his pts to 23-24 he would have Lebron type numbers. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

But have you considered what he could do at the two...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to Ortiz123's comment:

He should play the point.  all of Greens coaches his whole career have no imagination.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

OK, Nice job....Clearly still in line with your suppositions. BUT I bet the shooting percentages during this span aren't even close. Hit me!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

I say stick him at PG.  He could overpower any PG in the league.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

I think the end of the Utah games clarifies that Green is not ready for prime time...

He wilted like a little girl...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

I say stick him at PG.  He could overpower any PG in the league.

He would give Steve Nash fits.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Green is our future and if he started he could gobble up minutes and Paul could come off the bench and have fresh leggs and either shoot us out of the game or win the game for us.  Green has demostrated that he is getting his game back, his only drawback that I can see is does he think the game at a high level.  He is huge and a matchup problem for many defenders.  He will be a great trade chip or a very important part of our future.  Avery, the great and unomparable Rondo, plus Lee or Crawford with a real center and Green could be a very good team depending on if we can get a competative all around center to play with them.  KG and Paul comming off the bench with Jet and others could be huge for two or three years. Much depends on how Doc runs the offense, it really does.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

I also think the PP is rounding into vet shape now...we are going to need it..

Let the young guns get us through the games with their fresh leggs, but when we need

clutch plays, let the vets handle it...

Sections
Shortcuts