Green was never the answer for a championship anyway

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from gjgjg. Show gjgjg's posts

Green was never the answer for a championship anyway

The C's should start dumping and dump fast. Garnett and Ray allen will bring low level first round picks to a team trying to compete for this season, save rondo, pp, bradley and the rookies and let everyone else go... Play the young for experience. Go for DH in a big way and play for the lottery and go young and build value..... thank god this is a shorten season because it is going to be painful...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

Re: Green was never the answer for a championship anyway

In Response to Green was never the answer for a championship anyway:
    [QUOTE]The C's should start dumping and dump fast. Garnett and Ray allen will bring low level first round picks to a team trying to compete for this season, save rondo, pp, bradley and the rookies and let everyone else go... Play the young for experience. Go for DH in a big way and play for the lottery and go young and build value..... thank god this is a shorten season because it is going to be painful...
    Posted by gjgjg[/QUOTE]

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrTrippleDouble. Show MrTrippleDouble's posts

In Response to Green was never the answer for a championship anyway:
    [QUOTE]The C's should start dumping and dump fast. Garnett and Ray allen will bring low level first round picks to a team trying to compete for this season, save rondo, pp, bradley and the rookies and let everyone else go... Play the young for experience. Go for DH in a big way and play for the lottery and go young and build value..... thank god this is a shorten season because it is going to be painful...
    Posted by gjgjg[/QUOTE]

This is the most disrespectful post I've ever seen. Someone has a serious heart condition and you're talking about how he wasn't a good player and having no faith in him or the celtics. You're a fake (inconsiderate) fan.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kycleptic. Show kycleptic's posts

In Response to Re: Green was never the answer for a championship anyway:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Green was never the answer for a championship anyway : This is the most disrespectful post I've ever seen. Someone has a serious heart condition and you're talking about how he wasn't a good player and having no faith in him or the celtics. You're a fake (inconsiderate) fan.
    Posted by MrTrippleDouble[/QUOTE]

The one who made this thread has a name fit for a troll. Obviously it's a troll on Pacific Standard Time.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rgmfick. Show rgmfick's posts

Are you judging Jeff Green on his career at Georgetown, on his time in Seattle and Oklahoma City, particularly where he had to be role player to Kevin Durant, or on a portion of the last season with the Celtics and the playoffs?  Jeff is a very fine player,  someone who Doc and Danny believed was worth beginning rebuilding with Rajon, and when recoved from his surgery, I think Jeff Green, with the Celtics or another NBA team will prove this.  Jeff is a smart player, an unselfish player and the perfect player to build around.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from greeneater2. Show greeneater2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Green was never the answer for a championship anyway : It's going to be painful for our opponents, not us.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

No bro, you got no bench, center is walking wounded and you just lost your highly regarded swing man.  Think the Knicks are better than Celtics this year. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Green was never the answer for a championship anyway : No bro, you got no bench, center is walking wounded and you just lost your highly regarded swing man.  Think the Knicks are better than Celtics this year. 
    Posted by greeneater2[/QUOTE]

This your bench, bro?

This your new Brown Goat, bro?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Our bench was a big upgrade from the couple of years Bass,Dooling,Q and Green gave us a solid 5-8. Losing Green.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gjgjg. Show gjgjg's posts

[QUOTE]Are you judging Jeff Green on his career at Georgetown, on his time in Seattle and Oklahoma City, particularly where he had to be role player to Kevin Durant, or on a portion of the last season with the Celtics and the playoffs?  Jeff is a very fine player,  someone who Doc and Danny believed was worth beginning rebuilding with Rajon, and when recoved from his surgery, I think Jeff Green, with the Celtics or another NBA team will prove this.  Jeff is a smart player, an unselfish player and the perfect player to build around.
    Posted by rgmfick[/QUOTE]

The headline was green was never the answer for a championship... he wasn't or will be. He is a good role player off the bench but was not going to bring it home...the c's with him healthy were/are average... without him they will be dreadful... blow it up and start over again.... get rid of garnett/Allen/PP if you can..... any loyality i had ended with the lockout... i want a good team for the future... rebuild now..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from gjgjg. Show gjgjg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Green was never the answer for a championship anyway : This is the most disrespectful post I've ever seen. Someone has a serious heart condition and you're talking about how he wasn't a good player and having no faith in him or the celtics. You're a fake (inconsiderate) fan.
    Posted by MrTrippleDouble[/QUOTE]

Are you for real? grow up..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from gjgjg. Show gjgjg's posts

[QUOTE]Are you judging Jeff Green on his career at Georgetown, on his time in Seattle and Oklahoma City, particularly where he had to be role player to Kevin Durant, or on a portion of the last season with the Celtics and the playoffs?  Jeff is a very fine player,  someone who Doc and Danny believed was worth beginning rebuilding with Rajon, and when recoved from his surgery, I think Jeff Green, with the Celtics or another NBA team will prove this.  Jeff is a smart player, an unselfish player and the perfect player to build around.
    Posted by rgmfick[/QUOTE]

Sorry but he is nothing more than a good role player.... nothing more... he had shown very little last year and might i add he came at a very high price... worst trade in recent boston history...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

The thing with Green is you'll probably never know how good he'd have been for Boston. I always thought he should have started for the team this year, or at least play starter minutes off the bench.

Sad to see as I believe/d he has real protential to be a fine player in the league, not a superstar, but a perfect player to run alongside Rondo. Could easily build a team around Rondo and Green. I think that's what Ainge may have had in mind when he got Green from OKC last season.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Green was never the answer for a championship anyway : Sorry but he is nothing more than a good role player.... nothing more... he had shown very little last year and might i add he came at a very high price... worst trade in recent boston history...
    Posted by gjgjg[/QUOTE]

Your limited view of him is very negative but as  Georgetown season ticket holder and from watching him this year in summer leagues, the guy can flat out play.  He's a great passer and smart player who is also very athletic.  He didn't get to prove that coming into a new system with no practice and no defined role in our 2nd half of the season.  I believe he would have surprised you this year but we'll never know now because he'll be out for a year and then it will take time for his timing, shot, and strength to come back.  

He's not a franchise player, but he's more than a role player.  Probably a very good #2 option or #3 option on a good team.  Think Manu Ginobli with more height.  Better than David West, Garinelli, Luol Deng, ANYBODY other than Dirk on the Mavs or a shorter version of Odom.