green

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fedup13. Show fedup13's posts

green

trade him

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wicksandrowe. Show wicksandrowe's posts

Re: green

Green 'played' about 20 minutes and essentially EVERY other player had more assists, more steals, more free throws attempted, and more rebounds than he did.

Another night hanging around on the 3-point line. Another -16 game, and it looked even worse because it appeared (to Gerald Wallace for sure) that he was not in the least involved or concerned.

My new theory is that he knows that he is, in actual fact, not nearly as good as people seem to think he is, or could be.

It can't be that he thinks that he actually is an A-level player somewhere inside but just needs time to tap into that talent. It's a contradiction in terms, a tautology. "I'm an alpha player, but I need it to be coaxed out of me. Left uncoaxed, I might incidentally play like one every 12-14 games or so. But it's coming."  

Consider how ludicrous a statement that would be coming out of the mouth of Bryant, James, Harden, Durant, Anthony, Pierce, etc. 

Really, if you actually could change direction with the ball wouldn't you do it at least once in a while? But the only cross-over he uses is as a fake to get back to the back-up jumper.

If you could go left wouldn't you do it just for kicks?

If you really could defend  wouldn't you be able to at least find Rudy Gay or Thaddeus Young/Evan Turner once in a while? Maybe get the occasional defensive rebound?

And if you were able to score under the hoop, rise up from the scrum and get an 'and-1," you'd want to do it again right?

But if you really can't do any of those things, why go out and try to do them and end up looking bad in the process. Better to let people think you can but something's just getting in the way, darn it, but you're working on it.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

maybe ainge instructed green to lay back and play hard after the trade deadline. remember last year he had an awful start but at the half of the season he provided more intensity. just my own perception

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Why would you wait to play hard until after the trade deadline?  I'm missing something.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wicksandrowe. Show wicksandrowe's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:

It's one thing if the coach asked him to lay back so he could get a better feel for the other players as he's already seen what Jeff can do. But when on the floor and seeing that your teammates are struggling for some leadership he just doesn't want to be that guy. It seems as though he'd deferring to Wallace now instead or Pierce. Coach needs to remind him that Pierce is gone and Wallace could be at some point and the HE is the go to guy.

If you have to tell a guy he's the go-to guy, he isn't the go-to guy. Go-to guys don't need to be told.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

In response to cole-ely's comment:

Why would you wait to play hard until after the trade deadline?  I'm missing something.

danny have goals
    the main goal is to get wiggins and second one is to develop other players like bradley, oly, sully and others. Green already proven himself that he could play at the highest level.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wicksandrowe. Show wicksandrowe's posts

In response to TheBigTicket05's comment:

In response to cole-ely's comment:

danny have goals
    the main goal is to get wiggins and second one is to develop other players like bradley, oly, sully and others. Green already proven himself that he could play at the highest level.

Jeff Green has not accomplished much of anything other than landing a nice, inflated contract. Let's not count coming back from heart surgery here. His perceived basketball value is still based on what he might or could do if only.

Please resist pointing to the occasional odd-game exception when he plays out of his head.

To this point in his career, chalk those those games up to the Blind Squirrel Theory. He regresses to his mediocre mean real fast. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Bradley, Lee, and Green think they have it made.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"That's why Ainge made sure Green gets less money than GW and Batum."

C'mon, he's way overpaid. 

"trade him"

He's not tradeable, have you seen his contract? He's significantly overpaid. The only way to trade him would be to combine him with a higher value contract (e.g. Rondo) and hope another team will bite. 

Green IMO will always be an inconsistent and/or soft player, but if Ainge had signed him to a smaller deal it would have been better, but Ainge was paranoid to lose him so he bid against himself and drove his own price up. 

Now we're stuck with him, get used to it

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Green is doing the Celtics a favor and that is to bring the Celtics closer to Andrew Wiggins.

HAHAHA

Jeff "James Worthy" Green. Right?!?!

laughing out loud

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to TheNewGKDynasty's comment:

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Green is doing the Celtics a favor and that is to bring the Celtics closer to Andrew Wiggins.

HAHAHA

Jeff "James Worthy" Green. Right?!?!

laughing out loud

Is that Kobe at the opium bar in Germany GK? I dont think he cleared that with DAntoni either! HaHaHaHa!!!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

Here comes the girlfriend to the rescue. LMAO!!! How's your boy Fat Melo????? Fungus34 tells BSCP to jump off a cliff and he will not even think about it and do it. Fungus34 tells him to jump on one foot and he will also do it. Get off his... Fungus...

laughing out loud

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Here comes the girlfriend to the rescue. LMAO!!! How's your boy Fat Melo????? Fungus34 tells BSCP to jump off a cliff and he will not even think about it and do it. Fungus34 tells him to jump on one foot and he will also do it. Get off his... Fungus...

laughing out loud

Versus jump off one foot like Kobe right? What a season it will be watching a hobbled slower version of Kobe getting schooled by the likes of V. Carter and R. Allen HaHaHaHaHa!!!! 

Take another hit GK - you and Jimmy are going to need it!!!!!! 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:

laughing out loud

Versus jump off one foot like Kobe right? What a season it will be watching a hobbled slower version of Kobe getting schooled by the likes of V. Carter and R. Allen HaHaHaHaHa!!!! 

Take another hit GK - you and Jimmy are going to need it!!!!!! 

But according to your boyfriend and you it's better to be bad. RIGHT? And with all the cap space Lakers will have after this season and a good draft pics things can be pretty good. That is using your looser mentality...

Here take a look:

Celtics cap space: Maximum Available Cap Space in 2014-15: $10 million

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1710923-breaking-down-every-nba-teams-2014-salary-cap-situation/page/3

Lakers cap space:  Maximum Available Cap Space in 2014-15: $48.1 million

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1710923-breaking-down-every-nba-teams-2014-salary-cap-situation/page/15

Good afternoon. Say hi to you sweet little Fungus...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

PS: Plus the deep pockets our franchise has.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

PS: Plus the deep pockets our franchise has.

seriously. bragging about the Lakers is so 2009.

24. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts