Greg Odem

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Greg Odem

From what I understand when he went out this year to have micro surgery the Blazers did not pic up his option. When the season is over I think he becomes a free agent. If he is available is he worth picking up and letting him sit out another year and then let him come back after Shaq leaves?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Re: Greg Odem

Why not, if the C's can get him on a reasonable priced contract. He's big and he's talented. It's a matter of how well he heals and taking a chance on him staying healthy. He's had rotten luck with his health thus far.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

definitly worth considering. Talk about Sam Bowie reincarnated..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

Hmmm, sorry I am not onboard with  this one. I've been waiting for Greg to get healthy for, well actually thats all you really end up doing when your Greg Odem fan is wait for him to get healthy.  He's big, he's talented, but he's also extremely fragile and breaks easily.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

I would sit him a extra year to rehab and build strength in his knees

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Greg Odem:
    From what I understand when he went out this year to have micro surgery the Blazers did not pic up his option. When the season is over I think he becomes a free agent. If he is available is he worth picking up and letting him sit out another year and then let him come back after Shaq leaves?
    Posted by genaro008
    i heard the celts are very interested. however, i also heard that portland is ready to offer oden  a one-year 8m deal once he is cleared to start practicing. i do not think danny is wiling to go that high.. we most likely would want to do a 2-year deal so that we have him around for next year after both shaq and jo are gone. would also depend on whether we can re-sign bb and nenad. if we can sign them, would be no need for oden this year. perhaps oden can pulla sheed and retire, freeing us to give oden his contract! 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

AHHHHHHHHHH...No, Please no Oden.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CVD2312. Show CVD2312's posts

Oden will be in a Blazer uniform dominating the Boston Celtics next year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

In Response to Re: Greg Odem:
    definitly worth considering. Talk about Sam Bowie reincarnated..
    Posted by Ortiz123

Makes Bowie look like King "Crying" James...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

Forget Oden, I would go after DeAndre Jordan of the Clippers. Not sure what theyn are going to do with him or not, but if he is available, Danny should take a good look.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

I would be surprised if he ever plays an entire season in the NBA.  It would be great to see since he has so much potential, but I don't believe it will happen. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

I would love to see the young man turn it around. It just seems like his injuries are chronic.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lhtak. Show lhtak's posts

I like the idea, Danny should get this guy. He would be Bynum's version of Celtics; injury prone but talented and BIG. 8-10m is not a bad deal for a player such a upside. He does not need to be a star on this team, he can be like Perk with more offense. I think its a great idea, he will most likely shine in Celtics system. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

if he's in-expensive why not, low risk- high reward. who knows, maybe he will get good. Hes still very young.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

if he's in-expensive why not, low risk- high reward. who knows, maybe he will get good. Hes still very young.
    Posted by myaim45

Bill Walton came to boston with cronic injury problems and became one of the most dominant 6th men I ever seen that 1st year.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

Oden will be in a Blazer uniform dominating the Boston Celtics next year.
    Posted by CVD2312

i hope you're right, cvd. seriously. but w/ that one shorter leg and what we've seen and read so far, i'm thinking portland got stuck in a bad circumstance w/ the oden first pick. if you don't more power to you. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I wouldn't hold your breath on the hope of glory for Oden.  There is nothing that points to it happening.  It would be a miracle now.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYCelt. Show NYCelt's posts

I would be surprised if he ever plays an entire season in the NBA.  It would be great to see since he has so much potential, but I don't believe it will happen. 
    Posted by susan250

Susan,

I have to agree.  Too bad he's proven to be so brittle.  It looked like he had the right tools, just with the wrong bone structure.

Not someone I would want to see us take a chance on; especially since it looks like Krstic and Davis may form the center rotation we need for now.

Regards

Sections
Shortcuts