Greg Oden on joining the Heat: ‘If LeBron gets another ring, I get one too’

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

Greg Oden on joining the Heat: ‘If LeBron gets another ring, I get one too’

This is one of those discussions that came about purely out of boredom. So Greg Oden decides to skip in line to try and get an NBA title. Forget about all the years of disappointment. Forget that he had the opportunity to earn his way into respectability. Should he get a ring at least he'll be able to tell his children that he has one even if he had to (assuming) ride the pine. I can't say that I would not do the same if I were in his position, I just wouldn't go telling people that i was going to ride Lebron James coattails.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

Re: Greg Oden on joining the Heat: ‘If LeBron gets another ring, I get one too’

I am still p* ssed at Popovich for blowing the last 28 seconds of game 6.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

You're right..BORING!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

Welcome to the offseason....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

By some people's standards he would be a better player than Barkley, because he has a ring.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from johconn. Show johconn's posts

In response to guyfromtex's comment:

This is one of those discussions that came about purely out of boredom. So Greg Oden decides to skip in line to try and get an NBA title. Forget about all the years of disappointment. Forget that he had the opportunity to earn his way into respectability. Should he get a ring at least he'll be able to tell his children that he has one even if he had to (assuming) ride the pine. I can't say that I would not do the same if I were in his position, I just wouldn't go telling people that i was going to ride Lebron James coattails.

I agree. Oden made a poor choice going to the 'win now at all costs' Heat. Doesn't suit a guy going back into the NBA slowly. Heat will chew him up and spit him out. If he wants to go all TMac with this then best of luck to him. 

Sections
Shortcuts