GREG ODEN

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobbestgolf. Show bobbestgolf's posts

GREG ODEN

DOES ANYONE KNOW THE STATUS OF GO IS HE STILL TIED TO PORTLAND OR A FREE AGENT? COMMENTS.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Re: GREG ODEN

GO is no-GO.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Oden was given a 1 year deal by the Blazers as a Restricted Free Agent.  He is currently in another country (escapes me at the moment) getting a procedure on his knee.  He will be a UFA at the end of the year, and able to sign with anyone.  He will probably stay in POR for two reasons:
    1.  He has something to prove
    2.  POR has been great to him, paying him to NOT play for a few years.

Hopefully, Jeff Green will learn from this, and re-sign with us next year!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

In Response to Re: GREG ODEN:
    Oden was given a 1 year deal by the Blazers as a Restricted Free Agent.  He is currently in another country (escapes me at the moment) getting a procedure on his knee.  He will be a UFA at the end of the year, and able to sign with anyone.  He will probably stay in POR for two reasons: 1.  He has something to prove 2.  POR has been great to him, paying him to NOT play for a few years. Hopefully, Jeff Green will learn from this, and re-sign with us next year!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

speaking of such, what do you hear on iverson, red. best i can tell a little blip feeler by his supposed agent last summer and then total flatline. is his career that over?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom2. Show proftom2's posts

Nah, fans in Portland have had too much of Greg Oden. Its really sad. He is still just a kid, but he's got really bad wheel. He really does need to step away from Basketball for a few years and give his legs time time to heal. 

A few years from now he's still young enough to play a few years of good NBA basketball in the NBA.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Is Greg Oden the second coming of Bill Walton:-)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from clappy. Show clappy's posts

Yeah, but we didn't pay Jeff Green for doing nothing this year--so he doesn't owe us anything like Oden does the Blazers.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Oden is just Oden, Walton at least had a career, winning titles in College and the NBA. The Blazers seemed to play worse when Oden was on the floor. For the me the real sad part in Blazer recent history is the injury and retirement of Brandon Roy. He really was a special player.

Oden hasn't shown anything yet in his brief career. He's not Bill Walton, he's not even Sam Bowie.

Can see him staying in Portland but loyalty is a strange thing in sports. Personally I think the guy is always going to be picking up leg injuries. There's only so many surgeries he can endure to ensure that he has something resembling a pro career.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Oden is just Oden, Walton at least had a career, winning titles in College and the NBA. The Blazers seemed to play worse when Oden was on the floor. For the me the real sad part in Blazer recent history is the injury and retirement of Brandon Roy. He really was a special player. Oden hasn't shown anything yet in his brief career. He's not Bill Walton, he's not even Sam Bowie. Can see him staying in Portland but loyalty is a strange thing in sports. Personally I think the guy is always going to be picking up leg injuries. There's only so many surgeries he can endure to ensure that he has something resembling a pro career.
    Posted by RUWorthy

Welcome back!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Yeah, but we didn't pay Jeff Green for doing nothing this year--so he doesn't owe us anything like Oden does the Blazers.
    Posted by clappy

I could be wrong, but I believed we paid for his surgery, and I believe he ASKED to be let out of his deal, and we accomodated.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I hope Green comes back I have a feeling he will play well in the future.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: GREG ODEN : Celts paid for Green's surgery but it was the Celts who opted to void Green's contract.
    Posted by Fiercest34

Thought it was with Falk's blessing  (?)

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

CRICKETS

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Oden is just Oden, Walton at least had a career, winning titles in College and the NBA. The Blazers seemed to play worse when Oden was on the floor. For the me the real sad part in Blazer recent history is the injury and retirement of Brandon Roy. He really was a special player. Oden hasn't shown anything yet in his brief career. He's not Bill Walton, he's not even Sam Bowie. Can see him staying in Portland but loyalty is a strange thing in sports. Personally I think the guy is always going to be picking up leg injuries. There's only so many surgeries he can endure to ensure that he has something resembling a pro career.
    Posted by RUWorthy

Only referring  to  the fact Oden's a Blazer with a history of injuries. 
    Where you been keeping yourself Worthy.  Somebody here posted a thread  a few weeks back asking what happened to you.  Never seen so many people on a Celtic board concerned about a Laker fan LOL

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to GREG ODEN:
    DOES ANYONE KNOW THE STATUS OF GO IS HE STILL TIED TO PORTLAND OR A FREE AGENT? COMMENTS.
    Posted by bobbestgolf
      "LET ME BE CLEAR".....  STILL A STIFF !!!!

Sections
Shortcuts