Greg Oden

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Greg Oden

Could the C's make a play for Greg Oden? Just bring him in work him out and maybe play him 10-12 minutes a game.

Is he that damaged to where he can't play at all?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DarkFenX89. Show DarkFenX89's posts

Re: Greg Oden

In response to BirdLewsBias's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Could the C's make a play for Greg Oden? Just bring him in work him out and maybe play him 10-12 minutes a game.

[/QUOTE]

Greg Oden already announced that he is not playing the 2012-2013 season to ensure that his legs are completely healed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to DarkFenX89's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Greg Oden already announced that he is not playing the 2012-2013 season to ensure that his legs are completely healed.

[/QUOTE]

GOD FORBID that we be the early bird to the worm and sign him vet min for next year?!!!  is that against the law?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

The Heat are interested in him, i don't see why we wouldn't be!! At the right price of course!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Nearly a year removed from his latest knee surgery, former No. 1 overall pick Greg Oden has decided to resume his playing career but is not planning to return to the NBA before the 2013- 14 season, according to sources close to the situation. Sources told ESPN.com that multiple teams have already expressed interest in signing Oden to a multi-year deal before the end of this season that would allow him to continue his rehab until he can get back on the court in training camp next fallESPN.com

Rumors tagsFREE AGENCYGREG ODEN  |  SHARE  Share on FacebookShare on TwitterSubscribe to HoopsHype rumors

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

i will not take any leftover - everytime we take a leftover it's a disaster. we need a legitimate center to bust MIAMI .... SIMPLE AS THAT.....ODEN? HAS ONE LEG!

NO CENTER THIS MID SEASON, MIGHT AS WELL REBUILD.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to CHEisCHE's comment:
    [QUOTE]

i will not take any leftover - everytime we take a leftover it's a disaster. we need a legitimate center to bust MIAMI .... SIMPLE AS THAT.....ODEN? HAS ONE LEG!

NO CENTER THIS MID SEASON, MIGHT AS WELL REBUILD.

[/QUOTE]

there is almost nothing to lose- oden has stated and/or insinuated that he wants vet min upon returning- just to see if he can do it.  this isn't some stupid lame PELVIS ELLISON CONTRACT where we sign a retread for 28 years at 3 million dollars a year. 

for the one year vet min contract investment, it's worth a try.  if he comes back and plays 8 and 8 with 2 blocks ball for us next year then that's a good half game at the 5

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

"there is almost nothing to lose- oden has stated and/or insinuated that he wants vet min upon returning- just to see if he can do it. "

....BUT HOW LONG we need to experiment a garbage leftover ?-- doing the same over and over?  its because vet min contract? screw that....get one legit once and be done!  Celtics can't afford  experimentation now. Miami is tough to beat!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

I would take a chance very little downside.    Bill Walton was a leftover and he did his part in bringing us a title in 86

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to CHEisCHE's comment:
    [QUOTE]

....BUT HOW LONG we need to experiment a garbage leftover ?-- doing the same over and over?  its because vet min contract? screw that....get one legit once and be done!  Celtics can't afford  experimentation now. Miami is tough to beat!

[/QUOTE]

you can shoot him out the other side of training camp if he stinks.  there is such a small investment here.  almost no downside.  release him if he stinks.  the c's are fast tracking toward zero big man development.  with oden you could have he and melo potentially split th eminutes at center next year and wind up with combined stats that are far better than average than the league and both are block shot threats.  melo not as much of a banger as oden.

but there is no extended marriage here.  i don't think oden even wants anything like that- he just wants to clear his head and see if he can really do it after what he thinks is a proper rehab, which he argues was something portland never allowed him the time for.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

What would concern me is signing up Oden, watcching him contribute and taking a spot on the roster... then breaking down again 20 games into the season..

Its not the money... Its similar to Darko, signing him, playing him all preseason, heaping some praise of how he fills the role... then losing him for the season..  Now we have a HOLE in the lineup and the pickens 20 games in are real slim

Its risking a roster spot for a position we're the weakest at, with regard to depth.  Its a tough call cause a healthy Oden "might" really help but ID rather deal for someone more reliable

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What would concern me is signing up Oden, watcching him contribute and taking a spot on the roster... then breaking down again 20 games into the season..

Its not the money... Its similar to Darko, signing him, playing him all preseason, heaping some praise of how he fills the role... then losing him for the season..  Now we have a HOLE in the lineup and the pickens 20 games in are real slim

Its risking a roster spot for a position we're the weakest at, with regard to depth.  Its a tough call cause a healthy Oden "might" really help but ID rather deal for someone more reliable

[/QUOTE]

Nice analysis....this will be my position too. Get one that is legit and be done instead of  toying the roster & throwing other player out of balance.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

If you want to give free money to Oden, by all means, sign him to a contract.  Usually one microfracture surgery = done/retirement, let alone 3 microfracture surgeries.  Oden has been making noise about playing, why wouldn't he?  Brandon Roy got 10 millions for signing the dotted line.  I guess you could take out an insurance on the deal, but I can't imagine that being cheap because the odds can't be good for Oden to be healthy again.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to DarkFenX89's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

GOD FORBID that we be the early bird to the worm and sign him vet min for next year?!!!  is that against the law?

[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure It's against the rules. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

He will give us at least as much as Darko....LOL!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Better question could he be worse than Collins!  Not likely.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinnacle10. Show pinnacle10's posts

I'm all for it.  Very little risk.  What I wouldn't want to see is Miami get him and then have him stay healthy and contibute. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

Isn't he also fighting alcoholism?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Don't laugh, that Slavic Uperman was my boy!