Grit and toughness define this Celtc team.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Grit and toughness define this Celtc team.

Unlike last year, we have a bench, unlike last year, we have Green, unlike last year we have Bradley. What we do have like last year is toughness, grit, KG and Paul Pierce. May the games begin!

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: Grit and toughness define this Celtc team.

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Grit and toughness is not enough.

Celts can't score and rebound. It's a 1st round exit.

The only way the Celts have a shot at beating NY is if the Celts win Game 1.

If the Celts win Game 1 then it's going to be a series. But if the Celts fail to win Game 1, this is going to be 1993 all over again.

Not sure that it has to be the 1st game but the Celtics definitely need to win one game in NY to have any chance of advancing in the playoffs.  Considering how horrible they have been on the road this year they may indeed lose the first two games in NY. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

No Rondo, no Championship.

But we can certainly beat the Knicks. I agree with the game 1 scenerio, but I'd also say game 2 as well. If we don't at least split the 2 games at MSG, we are in trouble.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

If the Celts win Game 1 then it's going to be a series. But if the Celts fail to win Game 1, this is going to be 1993 all over again.

I am not sure that it has to be game one, grit and toughness may allow them to win the series and win another game in New York. Your right that it takes everything else, but these things define why they have a chance.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

And don't forget we don't have Rondo for this year's playoffs. 

Rondo has been the best Celtic player in the playoffs the last 3 seasons.

No we don't have Tondo, but we now have a Green, a Bradley, and a bench. These should more than make up for a Rondo.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

But we can certainly beat the Knicks. I agree with the game 1 scenerio, but I'd also say game 2 as well. If we don't at least split the 2 games at MSG, we are in trouble.

Rondos has played well in the playoffs, but I think that having Green, Bradley and a bench, more that make up for a single player. While Rondo can present offensive match up problems, other teams play off of him and dare him to shoot from distance, esoecially in the playoffs. The current team demands man coverage in half court sets. In other words, the current team does a better job of spreading the floor for a more balanced offense. In addition, Rondo has never been a clutch offensive threat, and Bradley's defense trumps Rondo's on Wade and others.

I don't know that the Celtics will win the championship, but I do not believe that on balance, Rondo provides a better chance for a championship than the addtions of Green, Bradley and a better bench.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to susan250's comment:

Not sure that it has to be the 1st game but the Celtics definitely need to win one game in NY to have any chance of advancing in the playoffs.  Considering how horrible they have been on the road this year they may indeed lose the first two games in NY. 

Agreed...does'nt have to be game one...this is going to be a tough series either way...

I just want to see them compete with a chance to win first game...

If they play well, but lose, I can live with that..knowing that they can take one in NY...

Adjsustments get made as a series goes deeper..and Doc is a master at this...

Just concerned with KG and PP being another year older...but I know they will go down swinging...

This Marathon bombing may bring about a extra element...these things tend to make people think from a different perspective...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to Jump-ball-overtime's comment:

Rondos has played well in the playoffs, but I think that having Green, Bradley and a bench, more that make up for a single player. While Rondo can present offensive match up problems, other teams play off of him and dare him to shoot from distance, esoecially in the playoffs. The current team demands man coverage in half court sets. In other words, the current team does a better job of spreading the floor for a more balanced offense. In addition, Rondo has never been a clutch offensive threat, and Bradley's defense trumps Rondo's on Wade and others.

I don't know that the Celtics will win the championship, but I do not believe that on balance, Rondo provides a better chance for a championship than the addtions of Green, Bradley and a better bench.

+1

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from fbombfury. Show fbombfury's posts

In response to Ortiz123's comment:

+1

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

if there was rondo there'd be even less of a championship with the aged twok, down from the old three.  rondo cannot operate in a post season set on a consistent basis.  he'll have a string of a few nice games and then fall apart.  he's always done it.  and what's worse is he can't lock down his man unless it's mario chalmers, and even then sometimes.....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

if there was rondo there'd be even less of a championship with the aged twok, down from the old three.  rondo cannot operate in a post season set on a consistent basis.  he'll have a string of a few nice games and then fall apart.  he's always done it.  and what's worse is he can't lock down his man unless it's mario chalmers, and even then sometimes.....

Few nice games? LOL!

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Stop hedging yourself... either youre saying its a first round exit or not..

Its like saying the C's will lose this game unless they outscore their opponent..

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

And don't forget we don't have Rondo for this year's playoffs. 

Rondo has been the best Celtic player in the playoffs the last 3 seasons.

No we don't have Tondo, but we now have a Green, a Bradley, and a bench. These should more than make up for a Rondo.

But they wont.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Seriously, Rondo has played well in the playoffs the last 3 years. Saying that he only had a string of a few nice games is ridiculous. 

Maybe some of the fans here are not actually watching the games.

Rondo has already played and started in 92 playoff games. Even if Rondo only played well in half of those games, the result would still be 46 playoff games. Come on, are you really saying that Rondo only played well a few times out of 92 playoff games?

acie is correct and your twisting what hes saying/// His point is Rondo has a few great stat games, then has a few average, subpar games. His stats and play are not at a consistent level, never have been..  Compare to Lebron or Durrant .. they almost always put up the numbers and can be relied upon to do the same most every game. 

Not so for boy wonder

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

Seriously, Rondo has played well in the playoffs the last 3 years. Saying that he only had a string of a few nice games is ridiculous. 

Rondo has already played and started in 92 playoff games. Even if Rondo only played well in half of those games, the result would still be 46 playoff games. Come on, are you really saying that Rondo only played well a few times out of 92 playoff games?

acie is correct and your twisting what hes saying/// His point is Rondo has a few great stat games, then has a few average, subpar games. His stats and play are not at a consistent level, never have been..  Compare to Lebron or Durrant .. they almost always put up the numbers and can be relied upon to do the same most every game. 

Not so for boy wonder

That's crazy!

Every Celtic fan here knows Rondo always plays well in the playoffs.

Is Rondo on the same level with Lebron and Durant? Of course not!

I didn't twist anything.

Here's what acie said:

"he'll have a string of a few nice games and then fall apart."  

When did Rondo fall apart in the playoffs? 

The point is Rondo always plays better in the playoffs. 

And it's unfair to compare him to Lebron and Durant.

Asking Rondo to become Lebron or Durant is unrealistic. There's a reason why Ainge didn't give Rondo a max contract in 2009.

Rondo doesnt always play better in the playoffs and he has fallin apart, depending on how you want to define fall apart... Point being when Rondo has a 30-10-15 game you can bet the ranch his next game isnt anywhere near that..

Look at his stat line for the 1st 5 games in the ECF last season:

16-9-7

44-8-10

21-6-10

15-5-15

7-6-13

Notice anything?

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

Not so for boy wonder

That's crazy!

I didn't twist anything.

Here's what acie said:

Asking Rondo to become Lebron or Durant is unrealistic. There's a reason why Ainge didn't give Rondo a max contract in 2009.

Rondo doesnt always play better in the playoffs and he has fallin apart, depending on how you want to define fall apart... Point being when Rondo has a 30-10-15 game you can bet the ranch his next game isnt anywhere near that..

16-9-7

44-8-10

21-6-10

15-5-15

7-6-13

Notice anything?

Nice try.

So you intentionally didn't include Rondo's 21-10-4 in Game 6 and 22-14-10 in Game 7. Wow!

That's called manipulating facts!

HAHAHA

You catched him in the act!

I wonder why he didn't mention only a "7-6-13" game as an evidence of Rondo falling apart. Undecided

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Not so for boy wonder

That's crazy!

I didn't twist anything.

Here's what acie said:

16-9-7

44-8-10

21-6-10

15-5-15

7-6-13

Notice anything?

i'm not a rondo lover by any means, but even when you leave out two good games this is still a pretty good series. How many players in our current team will put up stats like that against the knicks? just averaging off the top of my head that's 20+-7-11......pretty darn good if you ask me.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Not so for boy wonder

fiercey has a bad case of cognitive dissonance.  i challenge anyone to look at rondo's playoff game log each year.  you can distinctly see the pointS (most of the time MULTIPLE points per playoff season if we have a long run) at which he falls apart and/or is totally ineffective at stopping his man, or both.  every year.  he will have some very nice games, triple double or close, and then he falls on his face.

and it all goes back to precious rajon never bothering to take the time to conquer his demons regarding the simple open jumper and the freethrow.  at a certain point, every year of the playoffs, he gets exposed as a basic-competency-skill nincompoop, goes into a shell, and the team tanks as rondo abdicates his role as playmaker in the half court set.

the above was true up until this last year when rondo adapted HIMSELF further to SUIT JUSTIFYING HIS OWN EXISTENCE by relentlessly HOLDING THE BALL in the half court set and watching our team DIE and have to shoot countless last second desperation heaves, JUST SO HE, precious rajon, would not have to pass the ball off and then go sit in the corner like the useless organ he is in any half court set.

all of this has been on rondo.  i have been constantly and openly wishing for the last 7 years that this kid would get the FT's under his belt and conquer that demon and the same for the simple open jumper.  he shows a competent shot stroke and incompetent training to put the problem to bed once and for all.  he's simply not interested in these aspects of the game.  he's impish like a "rod strickland" in that way- but even strickland could hit basic J's and freethrows while being incredibly self absorbed and moody