Grizzlies at Celtics Game Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Re: Grizzlies at Celtics Game Thread

Some people think that Rondo is an elite PG. I have no idea how he made the all star team. He passes well, and plays good defense at times, but cannot shoot FTs and has NO outside shot. I would rather have Delonte in there as starting PG from now on. Rondo needs to go home this summer and shoot 100,000 outside shots and FTs. How long has he been in the league? And he still cannot shoot the ball?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from oldtool. Show oldtool's posts

Too many injuries or not that good of a team (or both??)...it doesn't matter which.  This team has lost too many games against bad and mediocre teams throughout the season to say it's just a bad game.  And with only a few games left I am not very hopeful that all the injured players will be back and intergrated to help enough in the playoffs.  Depressing.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In Response to Re: Grizzlies at Celtics Game Thread:
    In Response to Re: Grizzlies at Celtics Game Thread : He consistently draws iron, PumpsieG. Cut him some slack, fella. ;-) Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin

I suppose hitting iron is some sort of victory for him. I am really starting to dislike his game. I mean who else in the who league has a PG that cannot shoot from the outside and shoot FTs at 50%? Thats pathetic. He is a bench player.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

We lost this game on turnovers and size. Never should have came down to last shots.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Memphis is in a dogfight for the last playoff position in the West. Their motivation level was higher and they are not a much inferior team to the Celtics as currently constructed. When the O'Neals return the situation will be different. Forget about HCF and worry about getting healthy and having a solid bench core for the playoffs. Lose the histrionics. Remember last year.
    Posted by ControllerMod

Good point

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeitgeist49. Show zeitgeist49's posts

This  game  revealed  a  lot.  The  Celts  aren't  ready  for  the  playoffs  and  right  now  would  be  embarassed  by  the  Bulls  or  the  Lakers.  Currently  there  are  3  major  problems.  1) poor  interior  defense; 2) poor  rebounding; 3) Rondo's  erratic  play.  Why  did  Rondo  take  more  shots  than  PP, KG  or  Ray ???  Overall, KG  has  had  a  very  good  season, especially  with  all  the  team's  injuries.  However, I'm  baffled  by  KG's  over-reliance  on  his  outside  shot.  He  needs  to  get  more  points  in  the  paint.  Tonight  he  made  only  3  field  goals  against  a  mediocre  defense.  Krstic  had  4  turnovers, 1  defensive  rebound  and  6  points.  If  and  when  the  O'Neals  return, he  should  be  3rd  string  center.  The  Celts  sure  could  have  used  Powe  tonight.  The  Celts  most  likely  will  be  the  3  seed  and  if  they  somehow  get  out  of  the  East, will  have  to  win  on  the  road.  That's  difficult  to  imagine  considering  they  have  trouble  winning  at  home.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Oldtool, the team was torn apart by Ainge when he traded the only tough guy in the middle we had. He claimed that trade was done to make us better this year, but that was a lie. It was for the upcoming years. If we can resign Green and get Sac's first round pick, we could be good again in 4-5 years.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

So we get to play Knicks in the 1st round Heat in the 2nd round Bulls in the ECF great....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

We keep digging holes for ourselves early...

What I just cant stomach is watching to breakaways tonight ROndo had...one he tossed back to BBD with a defender on his tail.... the other he just circles away from the basket...  Are you kidding me??

If youre ahead of the field, you take the layup... im getting so sick of watching this.. I cant believe announcers arent crucifying him over it..

Oh wait, they said he heard footsteps on that one... gimmie a break.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Memphis is in a dogfight for the last playoff position in the West. Their motivation level was higher and they are not a much inferior team to the Celtics as currently constructed. When the O'Neals return the situation will be different. Forget about HCF and worry about getting healthy and having a solid bench core for the playoffs. Lose the histrionics. Remember last year.
    Posted by ControllerMod

Last year was a freak anomaly that isn't going to be repeated this year. Its much different now. Now we have to get through both Miami AND the Bulls-before the Lakers or SA.
    We aren't going to beat ANY of them.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: Grizzlies at Celtics Game Thread : I suppose hitting iron is some sort of victory for him. I am really starting to dislike his game. I mean who else in the who league has a PG that cannot shoot from the outside and shoot FTs at 50%? Thats pathetic. He is a bench player.
    Posted by Pumpsie-Green

He got a double double tonight.... but he can't do it all. The Big Three have to help too. He got them open looks but they weren't hitting. Don't blame Rondo.

Maybe we need the Rondo rule giving him one point just for shooting, 2 points if he draws iron and 3 for a made basket.

The kid could revolutionize the PG position.

Pud

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

when you get out scored by almost 30 in the paint you are not going to win many games.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

He got a double double tonight.... but he can't do it all. The Big Three have to help too. He got them open looks but they weren't hitting. Don't blame Rondo.

Maybe we need the Rondo rule giving him one point just for shooting, 2 points if he draws iron and 3 for a made basket.

The kid could revolutionize the PG position.

Pud

Name me one other PG in the league who cannot shoot at all from the outside and cannot shoot FTs. There are some very basic skills we need out of that position. Rondo does some well, but is so deficient at that others that he is IMO a BELOW AVERAGE PG in this league. You HAVE TO be able to shoot the ball a little.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to Re: Grizzlies at Celtics Game Thread : Not true. Knicks, Heat, then Orlando. Bulls will not beat Orlando.
    Posted by Fierce-34

I don't get that. Dwight Howard is great but he doesn't have anything around him. Hedo was done 2 years a go Nelson can't guard Rose. why are you so confident of this?

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

In Response to Re: Grizzlies at Celtics Game Thread : Come on. Last year it was Miami, Cleveland, and Orlando. How is this year going to be that much different with respect to the projected opposition?
    Posted by ControllerMod

Well everyone around the league was scared of Perk .... Shaq n JO r corpses ...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Rondo actually had a good game.  Very typical.  No different than most games he plays.  Only NOW you are seeing the poor decision making, poor shooting and excessive turnovers, without your blinders on.  He always has been a liability and a statistical abnormality.  Can't wait for a real PG without so many deficiencies to run this team.  So frustrating to watch him. I actually hope he gets hurt so West can take over the point in time for the playoffs.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

He got a double double tonight.... but he can't do it all. The Big Three have to help too. He got them open looks but they weren't hitting. Don't blame Rondo. Maybe we need the Rondo rule giving him one point just for shooting, 2 points if he draws iron and 3 for a made basket. The kid could revolutionize the PG position. Pud Name me one other PG in the league who cannot shoot at all from the outside and cannot shoot FTs. There are some very basic skills we need out of that position. Rondo does some well, but is so deficient at that others that he is IMO a BELOW AVERAGE PG in this league. You HAVE TO be able to shoot the ball a little.
    Posted by Pumpsie-Green

How do you think Rondo would fare in the WNBA? 

Would he be elite over there?

Could a waiver be arranged?

Pud

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeitgeist49. Show zeitgeist49's posts

In Response to Re: Grizzlies at Celtics Game Thread : I suppose hitting iron is some sort of victory for him. I am really starting to dislike his game. I mean who else in the who league has a PG that cannot shoot from the outside and shoot FTs at 50%? Thats pathetic. He is a bench player.
    Posted by Pumpsie-Green

Rondo  is  an  average  passer, a  good  rebounder  ( for  a  guard ), a  terrible  shooter, horrendous  foul  shooter  and  an  average  defender.  He  makes  some  good  steals  but  has  trouble  staying  in  front  of  his  opponent  and  fighting  through  picks.  Overall, he  is  probably  about  the  15th  best  point  guard  in  the  league.  I'd  like  to  see  what  Nash  could  do  with  3  hall  of  famers.  If  Rondo  was  with  a  mediocre  club, he'd  be  exposed.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Rondo actually had a good game.  Very typical.  No different than most games he plays.  Only NOW you are seeing the poor decision making, poor shooting and excessive turnovers, without your blinders on.  He always has been a liability and a statistical abnormality.  Can't wait for a real PG without so many deficiencies to run this team.  So frustrating to watch him. I actually hope he gets hurt so West can take over the point in time for the playoffs.
    Posted by Eldunker

I know the feeling but.... Maybe his PF will flare up some.

We don't want to hurt his trade value too much by his getting actually injured.

Pud

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

Posted by Eldunker

You took it too far.... why not just hope Doc uses him better give Arroyo n West more time at end of games

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

He got a double double tonight.... but he can't do it all. The Big Three have to help too. He got them open looks but they weren't hitting. Don't blame Rondo. Maybe we need the Rondo rule giving him one point just for shooting, 2 points if he draws iron and 3 for a made basket. The kid could revolutionize the PG position. Pud Name me one other PG in the league who cannot shoot at all from the outside and cannot shoot FTs. There are some very basic skills we need out of that position. Rondo does some well, but is so deficient at that others that he is IMO a BELOW AVERAGE PG in this league. You HAVE TO be able to shoot the ball a little.
    Posted by Pumpsie-Green

In magic Johnson's opinion he is the best all around pg in the league. No offense, but I think magic knows point guard play a bit better.

Rondo made a few bad plays at the end, but I blame krystic and his silly putty defense for this. Every memphis big seemed in double figures.

Sections
Shortcuts