Guarantee: Celtics, Game 3

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KenDNP. Show KenDNP's posts

Guarantee: Celtics, Game 3

It was a great run we had last year. Both for the team's success in the playoffs, falling 1 good quarter short from the NBA Finals, and the streak of luck (blessed) guarantees we had.

Last year though was different. We had an All-star PG Rondo and a clutch 3 point veteran in Ray Allen.

In addition to these losses, what the Celtics have now are Pierce and Garnett both a year older. Plus a Brandon Bass without a Rondo to feed and create for him those open mid-range shots.

But amidst the 2-0 hole and the white flag surrendered by most posters here and majority of Celtics fans elsewhere, this current Celtics team have assets it never had last year, which given the right momentum and timing, can bring the Celtics back into fighting form.

A healthy Avery Bradley. Jeff Green 2.0. Jason Terry. Courtney Lee (Crawford).

These 4 pieces combined, clicking at the right time and moment, can easily offset the players we're missing. The homecourt advantage will provide Pierce and KG an extra year or two of fresh legs and marksmanship.

All is not yet lost. We still have a Game 3. At our home.

Boston wins Game 3.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: Guarantee: Celtics, Game 3

I hope that you are right.  It would be very disappointing if the Celtics don't even win one game.  I expect them to win either tonight or Sunday.  Maybe they will win both games but I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

C's need a breakthrough game in order to be confident going back to NY..that means a 10+ pt win..C's chemistry on court is just average right now...it will be fun

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

KenDNP, I love your enthusiasm.  Actually, everything you say is 100% true.  The only problem is that the points you make, although valid, haven't happened yet this year for any consistent period of time so it's difficult to suggest or expect it to "click" now.  But anything's possible!

On paper, the Celtics should be in great shape.  On paper, this series should be closer.  Unfortunately, NBA playoff games are not played "on paper".

If there's a game the Celtics can take, it's tonight.  I hope they do put it together, focus on one game and hold serve tonight.  It will take a totally different effort from several players for it to happen.  We'll see tonight.

Let's Go Celtics.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

My gut tells me we win tonight, win Sunday and game 5 as always will be the pivotal game.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

So when all the calls "ticky tack" go for the Celtics tonite, all whiners on here that blast the refs anytime the Celtics lose will be shouting "hey that was a foul on Garnett! Pierce charged!" because you know that's the way it goes. Home team always gets the favorable calls

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from great-1957. Show great-1957's posts

Great to see others getting positive now. Let's win this one! For Boston!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from great-1957. Show great-1957's posts

In response to Petey62's comment:

KenDNP, I love your enthusiasm.  Actually, everything you say is 100% true.  The only problem is that the points you make, although valid, haven't happened yet this year for any consistent period of time so it's difficult to suggest or expect it to "click" now.  But anything's possible!

On paper, the Celtics should be in great shape.  On paper, this series should be closer.  Unfortunately, NBA playoff games are not played "on paper".

If there's a game the Celtics can take, it's tonight.  I hope they do put it together, focus on one game and hold serve tonight.  It will take a totally different effort from several players for it to happen.  We'll see tonight.

Let's Go Celtics.....

Petey62, please start the Game 3 thread. Just the way it should be.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from binbones. Show binbones's posts

PETEY START THE THREAD....AND...WE WIN!!!..... 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to KenDNP's comment:

It was a great run we had last year. Both for the team's success in the playoffs, falling 1 good quarter short from the NBA Finals, and the streak of luck (blessed) guarantees we had.

Last year though was different. We had an All-star PG Rondo and a clutch 3 point veteran in Ray Allen.

In addition to these losses, what the Celtics have now are Pierce and Garnett both a year older. Plus a Brandon Bass without a Rondo to feed and create for him those open mid-range shots.

But amidst the 2-0 hole and the white flag surrendered by most posters here and majority of Celtics fans elsewhere, this current Celtics team have assets it never had last year, which given the right momentum and timing, can bring the Celtics back into fighting form.

A healthy Avery Bradley. Jeff Green 2.0. Jason Terry. Courtney Lee (Crawford).

These 4 pieces combined, clicking at the right time and moment, can easily offset the players we're missing. The homecourt advantage will provide Pierce and KG an extra year or two of fresh legs and marksmanship.

All is not yet lost. We still have a Game 3. At our home.

Boston wins Game 3.

Agreed...I see it this way..."Its the Defense "..

The ONLY chance we have to win a game and/or the series is to play consistant D...

Unless we put our best D players on the floor, we cannot compete...

They are putting lots of pressure on our guards and we are not responding well to that pressure. Lee can help in both these areas. We have to get out in transition to score regularly.

NY thrives on the half court game. The second half lapses are due to the pressure they put on our guards and PP...Green and PP are exhausted in the second half and are not getting any help on the offensive end..

In order to do this, we must get stops...and that requires Lee and Bradley applying pressure to get steals...They are dictating the tempo of the game to us..

Somehow, we have to turn that around...that will not happen until we put pressure on their guards..only Bradley and Lee can do that...Not PP and Green...

This will actually help Green in the second half, because he thrives in the running game...

Yes, we miss Rondo, but he's on the bench...