Guarantee - Paul Pierce to carry Cs in Game 2

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KenDNP. Show KenDNP's posts

Guarantee - Paul Pierce to carry Cs in Game 2

Call it a hunch, a bold prediction, a crazy idea, call it whatever you want... but the Captain of this Celtics team, Paul Pierce, who has a penchant of rising up his game on games with the Cs' backs against the wall - undermanned and down in the series - will carry the Cs in Game 2.

His age may prevent him from performing franchise player numbers night in and night out, but this next game - Game 2 in Atlanta will be a signature game for Paul Pierce. Forced to be the playmaker, with Rondo out, I can't wait for Game 2 and Paul Pierce.

I'm not guaranteeing a win, but I guarantee that Paul Pierce will have a monster, a signature game tonight.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KillaCam2010. Show KillaCam2010's posts

Re: Guarantee - Paul Pierce to carry Cs in Game 2

I'm with you I dont think these vets let themselves play poorly again after what they showed in game one - especially CPP. But, I"ll take your prediction a step further and say CPP leads them to a victory tonight.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bcgreen. Show bcgreen's posts

PP has been having a strong second half to this season. He has been playing like pre-Big 3 Paul Pierce. Game 1 was very uncharacteristic of everyone on the team, including PP. It was a strange an upsetting game to watch.

I expect the Boston team that we have come to expect during the second half of this season. I can see PP having another double digit assist night along the way too.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

Is that the same guarantee when PP said "we aint coming back to LA".

How'd that work out for him?

Laughing

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mld12. Show mld12's posts

In response to "Guarantee - Paul Pierce to carry Cs in Game 2":
    Call it a hunch, a bold prediction, a crazy idea, call it whatever you want... but the Captain of this Celtics team, Paul Pierce, who has a penchant of rising up his game on games with the Cs' backs against the wall - undermanned and down in the series - will carry the Cs in Game 2. His age may prevent him from performing franchise player numbers night in and night out, but this next game - Game 2 in Atlanta will be a signature game for Paul Pierce. Forced to be the playmaker, with Rondo out, I can't wait for Game 2 and Paul Pierce. I'm not guaranteeing a win, but I guarantee that Paul Pierce will have a monster, a signature game tonight. Posted by KenDNP
    I call it simply "CELTIC PRIDE" Go Celtics!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lakerstroll. Show Lakerstroll's posts

...and M L Carr will be waving his towel on the bench... Not this time, pal. The Celtics are done...one and done. The 3 saviors only got ya one...when they were expected to get...how many...3...4?  See ya in 25 years!

MUHUHAHAHAHAHAHAW!

Big 3-one (and done). Kobe-5 (and still in contention for more).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BynumizaHERO. Show BynumizaHERO's posts

In Response to Re: Guarantee - Paul Pierce to carry Cs in Game 2:
    ...and M L Carr will be waving his towel on the bench... Not this time, pal. The Celtics are done...one and done. The 3 saviors only got ya one...when they were expected to get...how many...3...4?  See ya in 25 years! MUHUHAHAHAHAHAHAW! Big 3-one (and done). Kobe-5 (and still in contention for more).
    Posted by Lakerstroll

This is why the Celtics are the laughing stock of the NBA. Danny was gifted KG from Kevin McFail and could still only win 1 title. Hahahaha!!! They brag about 17 championships yet they have not won back to back titles in more than 40 years. Gasoline cost a nickle the last time the Celtics went back to back. That is just hilarious.

Celtic fans = delusional

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

In Response to Re: Guarantee - Paul Pierce to carry Cs in Game 2 : This is why the Celtics are the laughing stock of the NBA. Danny was gifted KG from Kevin McFail and could still only win 1 title. Hahahaha!!! They brag about 17 championships yet they have not won back to back titles in more than 40 years. Gasoline cost a nickle the last time the Celtics went back to back. That is just hilarious. Celtic fans = delusional
    Posted by BynumizaHERO

You hit the nail right on the head!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveKG. Show LoveKG's posts

In Response to Re: Guarantee - Paul Pierce to carry Cs in Game 2 : You hit the nail right on the head!
    Posted by Elven 32

stop being a stupid laker fan! boston always owns you

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BynumizaHERO. Show BynumizaHERO's posts

In Response to Re: Guarantee - Paul Pierce to carry Cs in Game 2 : stop being a stupid laker fan! boston always owns you
    Posted by LoveKG

The only thing that Boston has owned my friend, is a 23 year championship drought. Start winning on a consistent basis and then you might get some respect. I won't even start in on how long it has been since Boston has won back to back titles. I will just say that you could buy a brand new car for about $300 back then. 

Hahahahahahaha!!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbrann. Show mbrann's posts

The C's can beat this Hawks team. Everyone's getting to worried about the Rondo suspension. Things just got a little bit tough...no biggie...this is the playoffs. Celts will play very determined tonight and they will win. Where's JamLock? Come on C's!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakerfaker. Show lakerfaker's posts

• In Response to Re: Guarantee - Paul Pierce to carry Cs in Game 2:
      In Response to Re: Guarantee - Paul Pierce to carry Cs in Game 2 : stop being a stupid laker fan! boston always owns you
      Posted by LoveKG

Its really sad the way the Celtics have dominated my Lakers and yet my fellow Laker fans have the audacity to show up here and talk this trash.  Very embarrassing for Laker fans everywhere.  Again I apologize for the jerks we have on this site. You guys have a class organization the exemplifies teamwork and  you have a excellent coach. 

We are a very talented team that is run by a player that can't seem to let any one else take any of the credit.  He has got to be the "man"  not matter what it costs the team.  Hopefully he will realize the advantages our big guys bring.  Very doubtful though.
      Go Lakers !!!1

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from KenDNP. Show KenDNP's posts

For all the believers, great game!

43 minutes, 36 points, 14 rebounds, 4 assists.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Ken, my man, you are GOOD!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

In Response to Guarantee - Paul Pierce to carry Cs in Game 2:
    Call it a hunch, a bold prediction, a crazy idea, call it whatever you want... but the Captain of this Celtics team, Paul Pierce, who has a penchant of rising up his game on games with the Cs' backs against the wall - undermanned and down in the series - will carry the Cs in Game 2. His age may prevent him from performing franchise player numbers night in and night out, but this next game - Game 2 in Atlanta will be a signature game for Paul Pierce. Forced to be the playmaker, with Rondo out, I can't wait for Game 2 and Paul Pierce. I'm not guaranteeing a win, but I guarantee that Paul Pierce will have a monster, a signature game tonight.
    Posted by KenDNP

Congrats, but it wasn't such a bold prediction. Pierce is elite and with Rondo and Ray out he had to lead the way. And he has the talent to do so.
    There's a reason he's heading to the Springfield.
    He's underrated by a lot of fans, just like Tony Parker. 2 Finals MVP's.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Guarantee - Paul Pierce to carry Cs in Game 2:
    Call it a hunch, a bold prediction, a crazy idea, call it whatever you want... but the Captain of this Celtics team, Paul Pierce, who has a penchant of rising up his game on games with the Cs' backs against the wall - undermanned and down in the series - will carry the Cs in Game 2. His age may prevent him from performing franchise player numbers night in and night out, but this next game - Game 2 in Atlanta will be a signature game for Paul Pierce. Forced to be the playmaker, with Rondo out, I can't wait for Game 2 and Paul Pierce. I'm not guaranteeing a win, but I guarantee that Paul Pierce will have a monster, a signature game tonight.
    Posted by KenDNP
    great direct call.. was guaranteeing a win but wasnt sure if it would due to paul perse .. fact is pp is hall of famer just for this kind of stuff. he's one of the few stars in ANY sport where all the fans, pink hatters, oppenents and announcers all know will step up in the biggest of moment yet there is absolutely nothing they can do about it... 36 points, 14 rebounds, 5 assists. if they had stopped the points, he would had 15 assists as kg had 25.. bottom line there is nothing he wouldnt have done to have an impact in this game either directly or as a facilitator. the world KNEW pp would show up with his A-GAME! everyone else came along for the ride!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from great-1957. Show great-1957's posts

In response to "Guarantee - Paul Pierce to carry Cs in Game 2":
    Call it a hunch, a bold prediction, a crazy idea, call it whatever you want... but the Captain of this Celtics team, Paul Pierce, who has a penchant of rising up his game on games with the Cs' backs against the wall - undermanned and down in the series - will carry the Cs in Game 2. His age may prevent him from performing franchise player numbers night in and night out, but this next game - Game 2 in Atlanta will be a signature game for Paul Pierce. Forced to be the playmaker, with Rondo out, I can't wait for Game 2 and Paul Pierce. I'm not guaranteeing a win, but I guarantee that Paul Pierce will have a monster, a signature game tonight. Posted by KenDNP
    I commend you for that gutsy forecast and shame on the haters and critics. I challenge the critics - and also SRINIVASA - to come up with something and not snipe shoot under the comfort of post information.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PetesCall. Show PetesCall's posts

Great call! Immense!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

You were right.  Pierce did indeed have a great game.  The Celtics wouldn't have won without Paul, KG and Bradley all contributing.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

KenDNP.... you need to be our official predictor the rest of the playoffs...   Great call!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from cpjohn1. Show cpjohn1's posts

KenDNP, can you please predict a series win for the Celtics?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from cpjohn1. Show cpjohn1's posts

I guess it's time to change my avatar.Embarassed

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

hey, baby's playing great for orlando.  Kind of fun rooting for him again this week.  I say let it ride!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

In response to "Guarantee - Paul Pierce to carry Cs in Game 2": I commend you for that gutsy forecast and shame on the haters and critics. I challenge the critics - and also SRINIVASA - to come up with something and not snipe shoot under the comfort of post information.
    Posted by great-1957

Relax, I'm no hater nor a critic. I only said it wasn't such a bold prediction.
    It wasn't a wild Commie thread (NY will beat Miami for example) who hit base.
    There were several indications it would come to this.
    Pierce performance didn't come out of the blue, he does it on a consistant base, especially when the stakes are high. He is the Truth and I have unwavering faith in his abilities. I alluded on Pierce carrying us when I started the game 2 thread.
    If you take James and Durant out of the equasion he's the best at his position.
    With Rondo and Ray gone who else would/could have stepped up offensively?
    If he didn't we'd be down 2-0 and that just couldn't happen.

All that said, I salute Ken for his vision and faith.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

fab call dude 

u rock!

CPP the dagger in the heart

a THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sections
Shortcuts