GUESS ARMEN GILLIAM AINT WALKING THROUGH THAT DOOR EITHER

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

GUESS ARMEN GILLIAM AINT WALKING THROUGH THAT DOOR EITHER

so sad to hear the news about gilliam. always liked his game at unlv. always seemed like a nice classy guy as well. does anyone care? would have thought someone by now would have mentioned it.. are we that parochial and tunnel-visioned? HE WAS 47 AND DIED PLAYING THE GAME HE LOVED IN A PICkup session.

ironically his nickname was the HAMMER, which is what my ex-girlfriend used to call me too, but i digress.... perhaps the fact that he played 3 years with our ray allen back in his days with the bucks will make some of you care...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheTruthsays. Show TheTruthsays's posts

Re: GUESS ARMEN GILLIAM ISNT WALKING THROUGH THAT DOOR EITHER

Everyone must feel ashamed that they dont care as much as they should about this tragedy. Thanks for making another thread to point that out to everyone.

Is there some way we can donate to your church or favorite charity, in your name?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

i never could get past that gumby coif.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

As a native of Pittsburgh, just two years older than Gilliam, I played high school and summer league recreation basketball against him.  So YES, some people DO CARE.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from koberulz. Show koberulz's posts

Re: GUESS ARMEN GILLIAM AINT WALKING THROUGH THAT DOOR EITHER

In Response to GUESS ARMEN GILLIAM AINT WALKING THROUGH THAT DOOR EITHER:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6743008 so sad to hear the news about gilliam. always liked his game at unlv. always seemed like a nice classy guy as well. does anyone care? would have thought someone by now would have mentioned it.. are we that parochial and tunnel-visioned? HE WAS 47 AND DIED PLAYING THE GAME HE LOVED IN A PICkup session. ironically his nickname was the HAMMER, which is what my ex-girlfriend used to call me too, but i digress.... perhaps the fact that he played 3 years with our ray allen back in his days with the bucks will make some of you care... http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/2011/07/allen_stunned_b.html
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN

Boston is a heartless, classless, racist city.  These are just a few of the reasons why Bill Russell hated playing for the Celtics.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: GUESS ARMEN GILLIAM AINT WALKING THROUGH THAT DOOR EITHER:
    In Response to GUESS ARMEN GILLIAM AINT WALKING THROUGH THAT DOOR EITHER : Boston is a heartless, classless, racist city.  These are just a few of the reasons why Bill Russell hated playing for the Celtics.
    Posted by koberulz

And you've lived there HOW long?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from koberulz. Show koberulz's posts

2 and half years.  I learned this within the first month of living there though. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

2 and half years.  I learned this within the first month of living there though. 
    Posted by koberulz

Funny, I lived in No. Carolina for a month and found more racism than in 47 years in MA!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from koberulz. Show koberulz's posts

Redley34, maybe if you had read comments made by Bill Russell sooner, you would have learned more about the racism in Boston.  Just sayin'

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Redley34, maybe if you had read comments made by Bill Russell sooner, you would have learned more about the racism in Boston.  Just sayin'
    Posted by koberulz

Tayshawn, Russ played in the 50's and 60's.  Boston's come a long way since then.  Notice proper use of the word THEN!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from koberulz. Show koberulz's posts

Redley34, you said that you lived there for 47 years, so that means you were part of that Boston racism in the 50's and 60's. You must have trouble sleeping at night knowing that your hero, Bill Russell wanted to play elsewhere due to people like you.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

It's because of the massive amount of Irish in the city. The Irish were despised by every self-respecting culture and country in the world and had to get to America to find people to hate on. The thick mick idiots have had a stranglehold on the city up until the 80s
    Posted by darrylfries

Hateful, ignorant comment!  Bigoted liar and idiot!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Redley34, you said that you lived there for 47 years, so that means you were part of that Boston racism in the 50's and 60's. You must have trouble sleeping at night knowing that your hero, Bill Russell wanted to play elsewhere due to people like you.
    Posted by koberulz

NO, it doesn't!!  That's like saying ALL lakers fans loved Phil Jackson as coach!  Watch what you write, Tayshawn.  You are crossing the line  here!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

It's because of the massive amount of Irish in the city. The Irish were despised by every self-respecting culture and country in the world and had to get to America to find people to hate on. The thick mick idiots have had a stranglehold on the city up until the 80s
    Posted by darrylfries

I have to hand it to ya , congrats. Its tough to look dumb , ignorant etc. in a C.C. thread , but you my friend are a moron.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

In Response to Re: GUESS ARMEN GILLIAM AINT WALKING THROUGH THAT DOOR EITHER : NO, it doesn't!!  That's like saying ALL lakers fans loved Phil Jackson as coach!  Watch what you write, Tayshawn.  You are crossing the line  here!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

No Redley, ah mean Gladys, I think koberulz is correct here. You are part of Boston's  racist past and you have to take responsibilty for your own past there. You loved Russell as ong as he won titles and didn't live in your neighborhood. It's the Archie Bunker in you gal. Nothing worse than a snooping old racist.
    http://kids.niehs.nih.gov/lyrics/dixie.htm

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Russell, by visiting Boston rather frequently in recent years and reconnecting with the Celtics, has shown forgiveness for the city’s past transgressions. The city should meet him halfway, and reward the greatest winner in the city’s history with a statue in his likeness. It’s time for Boston to move on from its racism-marred past and embrace the man who led the Boston Celtics to greatness, the man who has done more for Boston sports than any other player
    Posted by darrylfries

He didn't want one.  Not for the longest time.  As you've said, Bill and the city have made amends, and he will get his statue.  It is LONG overdue, I agree.  Boston was settled by the English, you know.  THE most bigoted people to ever walk the earth.  "Irish need not apply."  Signs my ancestors saw when they wanted work...............................the Irish are the bigots?  Guess again, darryl!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

My best goes to his family

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

My best goes to his family
    Posted by genaro008

Thanks for getting us back on track.  Yes, he left us too young.  That was a fantastic UNLV team, but, they had a little trouble with the Dookies one year, didn't they??  What was the last NCAA team to repeat?  Now THAT I'd like to know!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GUESS ARMEN GILLIAM AINT WALKING THROUGH THAT DOOR EITHER : Thanks for getting us back on track.  Yes, he left us too young.  That was a fantastic UNLV team, but, they had a little trouble with the Dookies one year, didn't they??  What was the last NCAA team to repeat?  Now THAT I'd like to know!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[
    47 way to young must be real tough on the kids loosing their dad. We forget they are people with lives and families.

Sections
Shortcuts