Guilty

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Guilty

I feel guilty after watching this:

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4706174/sportscenter-conversation-with-pierce-garnett

It was the right thing to do for the franchise, and too good of a deal to pass up, but I can't help but to feel horrible that we didn't treat Paul like Dirk, Duncan and Kobe. He absolutely deserves to be in that class of franchise superstars.

The only consolation is my hope that Paul, Kevin and Danny find a way to bring them back for their farewell tour in 2015-16 season, possibly going after one final ring.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Re: Guilty

That would cement their legacy. Paul, Kevin, Danny made the ultimate sacrifice sending them to the Nets, positioning the franchise for future success, only to have them come back and end their careers in the right place in the right way. 

Also, how perfect would the story be if this Nets super-team stopped Lebron from another ring. And then in 2015-16, somehow, a new Celtics super-team with KG & PP stop Lebron again. Paul Pierce would be legend for being the biggest deterrent to a Lebron GOAT legacy, considering the clutch games in 08-10

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4706174/sportscenter-conversation-with-pierce-garnett

It was the right thing to do for the franchise, and too good of a deal to pass up, but I can't help but to feel horrible that we didn't treat Paul like Dirk, Duncan and Kobe. He absolutely deserves to be in that class of franchise superstars.

The only consolation is my hope that Paul, Kevin and Danny find a way to bring them back for their farewell tour in 2015-16 season, possibly going after one final ring.

NBA is a business.Time to move on.They will have a chance for another ring eand make few more millions.Lets start the rebuilding.Thank you Paul,tyhank you Kevin.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Oh, please, these guys make millions of dollars to play a kids game.

And then their poor little feelings are hurt when they get traded.

Give me a break.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Thats a narrow perspective.

The great players are in this game for greatness, not compensation or fame. Paul & Kevin want greatness and that means championships, longevity, production and the intangables like clutch shots, unbelievable combacks, and heady storylines.

It would have added another layer to Paul's legacy to start and end his career in Boston, and he's lost that. I feel bad for that.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to chris33's comment:

Give me a break.

very true...i love PP and KG....but we gotta move on...this is our new boston celtics.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to raider3524's comment:

[QUOTE]

Give me a break.

very true...i love PP and KG....but we gotta move on...this is our new boston celtics.

[/QUOTE]

I'll trade places with Pierce or KG in a heartbeat.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to raider3524's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Give me a break.

[/QUOTE]

I'll trade places with Pierce or KG in a heartbeat.

[/QUOTE]

shoot..just give me couple mil...i would make more money with that....and these guys got 80-100mil...can't feel sorry for that...thats insane money.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

Do what's right for the tream.  Anybody would buy Paul Pierce a beer at any joint in town from now on.  Let's not forget he is competing for another championship while we are rebuilding.  The Celtics can always invite him back as a cioach or a scout and see if he would join us.  I actually hope we can get Garnett to come back as a defensive coach once he retires.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hops29. Show hops29's posts

In response to shines01's comment:

Do what's right for the tream.  Anybody would buy Paul Pierce a beer at any joint in town from now on.  Let's not forget he is competing for another championship while we are rebuilding.  The Celtics can always invite him back as a cioach or a scout and see if he would join us.  I actually hope we can get Garnett to come back as a defensive coach once he retires.

Paul may come back, but KG?  I think he is a grudge holder extraordinaire.  And I don't even think it will be about trading him (maybe a little) but he seems really upset about how DA did Pierce.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

[/QUOTE]

Paul may come back, but KG?  I think he is a grudge holder extraordinaire.  And I don't even think it will be about trading him (maybe a little) but he seems really upset about how DA did Pierce.

I agree 100% KG was sticking to Paul all the way and wasn't pleased at what happened. You never know until.....Hope they both come back for 18 but doubt KG will, ever after what happened.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

Sorry but what deal did we get? A bunch of has beens (not really meaning that just that the players we got aren't in the same league as PP,KG,JT and White)..add  and some late 1st rounders..I don't consider that a deal!

As you I'm hoping for 15-16. RR PP KG and the new blood ....beyond category!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

In response to heirplain's comment:

Sorry but what deal did we get? A bunch of has beens (not really meaning that just that the players we got aren't in the same league as PP,KG,JT and White)..add  and some late 1st rounders..I don't consider that a deal!

As you I'm hoping for 15-16. RR PP KG and the new blood ....beyond category!

Considering kg and pp have 1-2 years left to play that was a very good return. Even pp himself admitted he woulda made the trade. Even off the court pp is the TRUTH, keepin it real.

1st round picks are some of the most coveted TRADE ASSETTS around. You get young talent on the cheap for years. With all the picks da has accumulated id be very surprised if he doesnt use them as part of a trade package. 

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

what is there to feel bad about? pierce has a ring, millions of $'s, will go into the celtics and NBA HOF, and instead of ending his career on a bad team he is getting one last shot at winning another ring in Brooklyn. 

don't feel so bad for PP, he's doing just fine.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

In response to MrCricket's comment:

what is there to feel bad about? pierce has a ring, millions of $'s, will go into the celtics and NBA HOF, and instead of ending his career on a bad team he is getting one last shot at winning another ring in Brooklyn. 

don't feel so bad for PP, he's doing just fine.

Sure PP is doin fine$$ but in the real world he would rather be in Boston!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

don't bother being guilty- if pierce wasn't getting paid such a ridiculous amount of money (something that is not necessarily his fault, but a HALLMARK of today's game compared to 10, 20 years ago), then we might have been able to keep him.

as it is, it's a business.  he's not worth 15 million to us because we can't spend 120 million on lux tax.  just like KG isn't worth 11 million.  they just aren't worth that any more.  that the nets decided they were was a BIG BREAK for us

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

dirk just restructured is contract so he could stay in DAL.  or he signed on the cheap as a free agent, and NOT for 11 or 15 million cheap, but around mid level exception.  if ainge, pierce and garnett had been able to collectively see the writing on the wall and we had these two guys signed for around 10 million MAX then WE could have built  a competitive team around them.

but not at 26 million for the two.  nobody should feel a scrap of guilt about those guys getting paid that much money, doesn't matter where they are at that price.  "not here" was an imperative

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

R9R, you need to stop falling in love with the players. Its the Boston Celtics you're supposed to love! Don't fret though, man......Rajon is dtill here, for nowwwww! look out KO, R9R is gonna be comin for ya very soon! 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticNut. Show CelticNut's posts

I'll be surprised if both survive 200 more games in the NBA.  Both Pierce and KG will be done after two years.  It was a grind for them last year, especially KG who looked so exhausted at times.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hops29. Show hops29's posts

Well I gotta say that I hate Humphries with a passion and could cares less about Brooks,Bogans, and Wallace as players.  So I have a bad taste about what we received back.  But in all actuality getting 3 picks, and a trade exc. back on top of the players is a good haul for DA.  

I also feel that he really went out of his way to put CPP and KG in a GREAT situation.  Sending them together, to a team that has a legitimate shot at the title, AND they were allowed to keep their contracts entact is a great parting gift to them.

Kg was master of his own destiny, but DA could have decided to just release Pierce leaving him with 5 out of 15 mil. Or he could have traded him to The Raptors or something.  

So except for getting Humpty Dumpty back this trade really worked out well for everyone. Especially my favorite Celtic of all time, Captain Paul Pierce!

Sections
Shortcuts