GW says guys are being selfish

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

Re: GW says guys are being selfish

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://www.celticslife.com/2013/10/gerald-wallace-calls-out-his-teammates.html

Baxter Holmes         @BaxterHolmes

Wallace: "Guys are out there being selfish. The opponent is giving it their all, regardless of how the night is going."

9:18 AM - 21 Oct 2013[/QUOTE]

i guess he is referring to bradley.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to TheBigTicket05's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Wallace: "Guys are out there being selfish. The opponent is giving it their all, regardless of how the night is going."

[/QUOTE]

He could also be referring to Sullinger and his recent fixation with 3 point shooting.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

GW ain't afraid of NOBODY! He is giving us the straight unadulterated truth, and playing the way he does he has nothing to be ashamed of. He Is a lot like Bass. Those are the two guys I want on my side, along with Hump when the SPIT HITS THE FAN! These guys ain't afraid to rumble. Rondo too. You can NEVER have enough WARRIORS.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Yea, I saw gw talkin to sully after ANOTHER failed 3 pt attempt. So he may be reffering to him.

But I dont blame sully for taking those threes I blame coach stevens for FORCING sully to play out of position at center and having to battle giants every game. No wonder sully is settling for uncontested 3s. The guy is getting worked ragged down low, so hes taking the easy way out and taking jumpers. Sully cant and should not play center, he barely has the length to play the 4.  You are basically taking our best player and putting him in a position to fail. Thats bad coaching. Im sick of watching sully busting his ample buttt and still have guys shoot over him. Im sick of watching sully tryin to be the anchor and last line of  defense and attempt to block or alter shots. Thats simply not his game.  

Vitor not only is our only option but he has performed pretty well on both ends. Hes a solid player.  

ab/ crawford

lee/marshon

jgreen/ gwallace

sully/ko

vitor/hump

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to TheBigTicket05's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Are you kidding? AB is one of the good guys. He tried harder than Wallace. Avery needs to look for his shot MORE.

He was absolutely referring to Sully, Bass, Lee and Green. Funny thing is Green echoed those remaks. Green is absolutely still playing like its preseason. The guy needs to be aggressive 100% of the time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Sully was the first one that came to my mind.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Im not really feeling how gw is blasting his teammates, especially this early.  He is throwing them under the bus mighty quick, this is already his 2nd comment to the media about this.

It seems like hes trying everything to get out of here. How bout he tries worrying about himself and play ball so some other team will be interested enuff to actually consider taking his awful contract. 

I like g wallace and the way he plays the game, but I dont think hes appoaching  this the right way.  The way hes chosen  could leads to  players resenting him and turning against each other.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hondorondo. Show hondorondo's posts

I like GW's honest comments. I have not heard him point a direct finger at a certain player and, as others have stated, he doesn't ask for anything he would not do himself. I think we should feel positive about the situation as this is about as close as we are going to get on this team to having a KG get on someone's case (at least until RR comes back).

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

He is missing the point, it is more about talent level.  Just play hard and hope to be traded to a contending team later if he does not want to stay with a rebuilding team.  There is not much he can say or do to change that.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

We aren't being selfish.

We just aren't that good.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I like GW calling out his teammates, even if it's publicly.  I think he's calling out Sully for sure.  Sully is being lazy and settling for 3 point shots.  Even as an undersized center, Sully should not be jacking up 3s.  Sully has a pretty decent mid-range shot and that is what he should be perfecting - not wasting time jacking up "air ball" 3-pointers.  I don't think Sully is 100% and he looks like he needs to lose weight and get in better shape.

As far as AB, I think he's just shooting way too much for as inaccurate a shooter as he's been.  He has the perfect form.  Unfortunately his shot is so inconsistent.  He's not the type of shooter where he'll get in that rhythm and all will be okay.  He's just not a decent shooter.

We have alot of players who are attempting alot of shots while not registering an assist or more than a rebound or two.  Guys shooting at a shooting percentage clip in the 30s need to be contributing in other areas until their shots come around and we're not getting that.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to Petey62's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I like GW calling out his teammates, even if it's publicly.  I think he's calling out Sully for sure.  Sully is being lazy and settling for 3 point shots.  Even as an undersized center, Sully should not be jacking up 3s.  Sully has a pretty decent mid-range shot and that is what he should be perfecting - not wasting time jacking up "air ball" 3-pointers.  I don't think Sully is 100% and he looks like he needs to lose weight and get in better shape.

As far as AB, I think he's just shooting way too much for as inaccurate a shooter as he's been.  He has the perfect form.  Unfortunately his shot is so inconsistent.  He's not the type of shooter where he'll get in that rhythm and all will be okay.  He's just not a decent shooter.

We have alot of players who are attempting alot of shots while not registering an assist or more than a rebound or two.  Guys shooting at a shooting percentage clip in the 30s need to be contributing in other areas until their shots come around and we're not getting that.

[/QUOTE]

We are taking open shots, but we aren't that good.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to scubber's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He is missing the point, it is more about talent level.  Just play hard and hope to be traded to a contending team later if he does not want to stay with a rebuilding team.  There is not much he can say or do to change that.

[/QUOTE]

Actually I think by making pointed comments about how badly the team is playing I think he could traded a lot quicker then if he kept his mouth shut.

The guy doesn't like to lose.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from johconn. Show johconn's posts

Hats off to the big man. A lot of folks questioned him including me. Showing a bit of basketball pride is no harm at all. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Surprised  many of you  are ok with a NEW player throwing his teammates of only 3 weeks under the bus.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I think there may very well be something to 37stories assessment.  Maybe GW is trying to get himself run out of town.  Bottom line, he is one of the most veteran players on the team.  He has the most All Star appearances as anyone on the team and he appears to be the only player who thus far is "putting it on the line".

He's been there before with a team like this and he knows what he's seeing.  As bad as this team is going to be, he is doing what he can to make sure we aren't as bad as we can be by not putting it on the line every game and every possession.

This team has no leaders.  Maybe what this team needs is a veteran leader who is willing to call out players, all while putting it all out there on the court.  He talks the talk and walks the walk.

If he doesn't call out anyone, who will?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]

I think there may very well be something to 37stories assessment.  Maybe GW is trying to get himself run out of town.  Bottom line, he is one of the most veteran players on the team.  He has the most All Star appearances as anyone on the team and he appears to be the only player who thus far is "putting it on the line".

He's been there before with a team like this and he knows what he's seeing.  As bad as this team is going to be, he is doing what he can to make sure we aren't as bad as we can be by not putting it on the line every game and every possession.

This team has no leaders.  Maybe what this team needs is a veteran leader who is willing to call out players, all while putting it all out there on the court.  He talks the talk and walks the walk.

[/QUOTE]
    +1...

and Brad needs to reward GW for speaking out constructively by allowing him to lead by example.

To not reward him makes GW "the problem" very quickly.

Pud

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    +1...

and Brad needs to reward GW for speaking out constructively by allowing him to lead by example.

To not reward him makes GW "the problem" very quickly.

Pud

[/QUOTE]

Agreed, I think he will back gw.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Pud

You're so right.  Stevens needs to reward GW for calling out guys.  Guys like AB, Lee, Bass and Green have always had Pierce and KG and even Doc to keep them straight.  Now that they're all gone, somebody has to show that leadership that's missing.

Unfortunately we won't get it from Green or Bass.  It'd be interesting to see how Rondo leads once he returns but in the meantime, guys need to be held accountable.

We are going to be bad.  We don't have to be plain terrible.

I applaude GW.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to scubber's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Actually I think by making pointed comments about how badly the team is playing I think he could traded a lot quicker then if he kept his mouth shut.

The guy doesn't like to lose.

[/QUOTE]

wallace looked oddly comfortable stinking up the joint horrifically in jersey last year.  they did not go anywhere, no small part due to his wild underachievment.....  just sayin'

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

1st guy that popped in my mind after hearing that statement was Brooks. I've noticed the ball seems to stop moving with him. When he gets the ball, you can bet the farm he's going to shoot it. Trying too hard to win more minutes?

On the flip side. He doesn't get many minutes, so blaming him may be a bit far fetched. Green has had problems, but I wouldn't say he's "selfish" at all. Reluctant, if anything. Wallace and Sully had a nice tandum going in those 1st few games. Since, Sully has had foul trouble. So I wouldn't blame Sully. If anyone, it would have to be the guards. But whom?

Could this just be Wallace venting frustration about being unhappy with his situation?

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts