Halftime of Game 3- Celts look like they're bothered to have to be playing this game....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Halftime of Game 3- Celts look like they're bothered to have to be playing this game....

This is a horrendous game.  We look dead.  What, are we waiting for Josh Smith to try to come back in the next couple of games before we start trying again? 

Is this the sort of ridiculously heinous culture that should be going on be a freshly extended and well paid coach?

Bueller?  Bueller?

This team is not good enough to make extra work for themselves.  And apparently they're not interested enough to try to put this Hawks team down, which is begging to be put away.  Yeah, let McGrady catch fire and carry the Hawks.  Maybe he's injured now too though.  I'm sure we'll find a way to let some other unlikely person get hot for the Hawks and make this a down to the wire close game that is also a non-thriller due to lack of......  good basketball being played.

Yawn.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

Re: Halftime of Game 3- Celts look like they're bothered to have to be playing this game....

Yea....this first half was pathetic for both team but especially for the Cs at home.  when are the Cs going to make a statement that they want to win a championship.  It certainly isnt tonight in the first half tonight.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Re: Halftime of Game 3- Celts look like they're bothered to have to be playing this game....

holy crap- i just looked at the box score- rondo, bass pietrus look like they're playing for the other team.

and guess what, pierce is TIRED. 

gee, i guess rondo really re-focused himself during that suspension, he's a net zero on the stat sheet with 5 dimes and 5 gifts.

and this kid bass- he's a great athlete i tell you!!!  he just doesn't get any rebounds or do much of anything out there when it's nut cupping time!!!  but he's a GREAT athlete!

pietrus- if he's on this team next year then danny needs to be institutionalized

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: Halftime of Game 3- Celts look like they're bothered to have to be playing this game....:
    Yea....this first half was pathetic for both team but especially for the Cs at home.  when are the Cs going to make a statement that they want to win a championship.  It certainly isnt tonight in the first half tonight.  
    Posted by Mchampion

i have the volume down as i am working and making phone calls.  i hope they got the boos they deserved for their lack luster garbage attitude and play

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

jeez acie get the F off the ledge, they are playing down to their competition in an ugly affair when they used so much mental energy to win game 2 and with smith out and ray in is was like they just came out flat assuming victory was obvious

and it still is

they will pull this out by 5-10, no question, its just that they can't play this bad vs. any other playoff opponent.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

And ...  "Teauge finds Johnson (who?) [DUNK!], there was a miscommunication on the play"....

Well, no, there was a Brandon Blass, who is only good at "turning his head" on defense, so as to enable sub-marginal offensive players on the opposing team suddenly become wide naked open for point blank dunks.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

I swear they should just tell Bass to quit trying to play "help defense".  it's a layup line for the other team

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: Halftime of Game 3- Celts look like they're bothered to have to be playing this game....:
    jeez acie get the F off the ledge, they are playing down to their competition in an ugly affair when they used so much mental energy to win game 2 and with smith out and ray in is was like they just came out flat assuming victory was obvious and it still is they will pull this out by 5-10, no question, its just that they can't play this bad vs. any other playoff opponent.
    Posted by rameakap

we used so much pierce energy to win game 2.

we got zero rondo energy. 

we got nothing from bass, again.

we got nothing from pietrus.

apparently you do not appreciate that it's dangerous and stupid to let teams like ATL hang around.  i know tommy heinsohn is old and doesn't know squat and all that.  this is an EMOTIONAL GAME- and you have to surgically remove the emotions from a hapless opponent that is missing: PACHULIA, SMITH, HORFORD and now MCGRADY.

i guess it's just a matter of different standards.  with THAT MANY injuries to ATL, we should be up 15 with our eyes closed and they should be demoralized and ready to mentally check out of the series.  that's what a WELL COACHED team does to an opponent that is as much as (relative) MESS that ATL are with a bunch of overpaid stars for a core with half of them injured.

but i understand that you're okay with just squeaking this one out.  hell, why not just leave it all up to pierce again.  he'll be zeroed out by the start of the second series. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

And ...  "Teauge finds Johnson (who?) [DUNK!], there was a miscommunication on the play".... Well, no, there was a Brandon Blass, who is only good at "turning his head" on defense, so as to enable sub-marginal offensive players on the opposing team suddenly become wide naked open for point blank dunks.
    Posted by aciemvp

Bass had very good defensive stats during the regular season where he was a started on the best FG% defense in the league

chill

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: Halftime of Game 3- Celts look like they're bothered to have to be playing this game.... : Bass had very good defensive stats during the regular season where he was a started on the best FG% defense in the league chill
    Posted by rameakap

i'm glad you can carve out some blue sky for yourself.  Bass has STUNK in the playoffs.  people crapped so hard on davis just for being fat last year, let alone being our FINISHER 5 on a team that was 33-9 and even better than that, until his injury. 

but that's good- your boy bass does ZILCH and he had some "very good defensive stats" and "started on a good team" this year.

and the celts really did PUT THE HAWKS AWAY tonight.  i'm 8 minutes behind on the DVR and we just went into OVERTIME against a hawks team with NO: Pachulia, Horford or Josh Smith.

But it's cool.  hey, we're still in the game!!  right?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Some people just choose to be overly pessimistic and negative.

To each their own, I suppose.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: Halftime of Game 3- Celts look like they're bothered to have to be playing this game.... : i'm glad you can carve out some blue sky for yourself.  Bass has STUNK in the playoffs.  people crapped so hard on davis just for being fat last year, let alone being our FINISHER 5 on a team that was 33-9 and even better than that, until his injury.  but that's good- your boy bass does ZILCH and he had some "very good defensive stats" and "started on a good team" this year. and the celts really did PUT THE HAWKS AWAY tonight.  i'm 8 minutes behind on the DVR and we just went into OVERTIME against a hawks team with NO: Pachulia, Horford or Josh Smith. But it's cool.  hey, we're still in the game!!  right?
    Posted by aciemvp

he's been terrible in the playoffs

no way you trade him back for baby

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainMugford. Show CaptainMugford's posts

I just got back from the game (holy sh*t, it was the first time I've had good seats, wow! totally different experience) and acie is right - we totally played down to the level of a team that has nothing going on. When KG wasn't on the floor we appeared hopeless on defense. We were very lucky to pull out that win. Rondo couldn't score from more than 1 foot away from the rim. That was the most lackluster triple-double ever. We rebound well when the opposing team's 3 best bigs are wearing street clothes though. I wonder if we can play up to the level of a good, motivated team.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainMugford. Show CaptainMugford's posts

In other news, Erick Dampier is HUGE - I think he is a Voltron robot made up of Rondo and Avery as the arms, Teague as the left pinky finger, Pietrus and Dooling as the legs, and Glen Davis as the torso. He could eat Teague in two bites. I don't mean this as an insult.

Wikipedia has him at 265 lb, but that is a damn lie. He was an order of magnitude larger than anyone else in that game. Basketball players are CRAZY large.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

every big in the league fattens up as time goes on.  collins is 300 pounds if he's an ounce.  dampier probably 280-290 or 3 bills.

tonight was a really big WASTE.  we struggled to win a game we should have had in hand before half time.  we gave away a 14-4 run to end the game in a tie? 

anyone think that the hawks now feel like they can TAKE US, assuming josh smith comes backinto the line up?  or even not?  what the hell, they took us to the brink tonight!

and in unrelated news, we are still waiting for brandon bass to show up for the playoffs.  i mean if you ever played eric fernsten 30 minutes a night, i'm sure he could come up with bass' numbers so far.  lights are on and nobody is home, especially on defense where he goes into "wander" mode in unprovoked fits of non-sensical activity and frequently "turns his head" (his best move on defense) to allow his man to break to the basket clean, recieve a pass and dunk nice and easy.

i mean really.  taking bass' regular season numbers of 12 and 6, he was NO BETTER of a player than davis ever was for us and MUCH WORSE if you consider that he cannot: 1) do help defense- when he tries to do it i want to crack the tv screen- the results are horrible 2) play the 5- he's just too small 3) pass the ball with any skill- herky jerky movements and bobbling are what occurs when he gets the ball in traffic 4) drive the ball to the hoop 5) does not have as many or as many effective post up moves as davis 6) he drew how many charges this year?

yes, he shoots FG% and FT% better but is a less aggressive player.  if he was any more passive so far in the playoffs, i swear we'd be playing 4 on 5.  if this guy wakes up and pulls his weight, we should be able to put the hawks to bed easily.  he showed no signs of it tonight playing against a nobody though.

if we get out of this series with 4 wins, KG, pierce are going to have a LOT of miles on them from carrying the load.

and somehow rondo has to figure out how to not get outplayed by teague.  a 7-22 shooting night triple double is not exactly what hoops dreams are made of, while teague is shooting over 50% and playing much better ball frankly.  rondo covered up his stink by getting a lot of rebounds tonight, but please.  5 turnovers in the first half and our offense was run so poorly that rondo probably shot 15 low-shotclock-prayers tonight.  simply terrible basketball.

and now we have a freshly and rightfully emboldened opponent instead of a demoralized opponent

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: Halftime of Game 3- Celts look like they're bothered to have to be playing this game.... : he's been terrible in the playoffs no way you trade him back for baby
    Posted by rameakap

perhaps now you are beginning to understand the horrific nature of doc rivers the coach.  it's a trade that should have never been made to begin with, but for doc's PERSONAL VENDETTA with glen davis that was entirely unprofessional and DETRIMENTAL TO OUR TEAM.

davis was a 100% system guy and give me a damn break with "he was so immature" crapola.  he was so immature he led the league in charges taken adn turned games around for us and preserved and WON games for us in unconventional ways AND with dynamite shooting last year and FOR YEARS. 

davis WAS our help defense system- he made life easy for our aging vets (READ: KG) by covering gaps in the middle with his body, not by blocking shots.  yet doc rivers saw red any time he say glen davis.  he took the good, but as soon as there was anything else, he ran to the press like a playground wimp and complained about glen.  after the fourth or fifth time doc did that, all the while having SHEED THE SUBVERSIVE FLABBY BOOOBBBED NON-FORCE OF FAILURE on the roster and RONDO THE INCOMPETENT (BY FAR) FREE THROW SHOOTER / SAG DOWN LIABILITY on the team who did MUCH WORSE things for the team than davis EVER did- you know what after so many times of "going to the press", davis checked out of this team.  because of doc.

because doc was so unprofessional and demented in his dadddy dearest role with glen that he couldn't step outside of himself.  and now we have a regular season ONLY guy in bass who put up the SAME DAMN NUMBERS as davis while forcing KG TO PLAY THE FIVE- don't you understand it?  KG at the 5 and this "athletic bass" who gets NO MORE rebounds than davis did and is a less aggressive player in total as evidenced by lower FTAs per minute played- this is a GOOD change? 

no, it's the change that IDIOT doc rivers forced on this team. 

and you can't go back on it.  davis wouldn't want to come back and play for a piece of crap like doc and who would?  it was not equal treatment.  it was let's whine and moan about glen all the time, any time you can find something that he did wrong.  yes, the punching his friend thing was dumb, but what was worse was sheed showing up with those solid C cups and NOT EVEN TRYING- doc didn't say a THING about that- sheed killed us all year and then was still so out of shape he broke on us like a cheap clock when we needed him the most.

then last year, davis got hurt, NOT an insignificant injury, tried to come back, probably tried too hard, and rivers threw him to the press once again.  no respect, no professionalism.  and davis mentally checked out of boston.

and now we have bass.  his talent on defense is getting lost on picks, turning a blind eye to his man and/or the ball.  he STINKS.  he can't play under pressure.  this is NOT the first good time he's played on.  both dallas and ORL were good playoff teams.  and bass couldn't stick with either.  so we just signed him up for 3 or 4 years just becuase his name wasn't glen davis.

dumb, dumb, dumb.  and it's on danny too.  GM's are supposed to step in and try to correct coaches that are about to do something lastingly STUPID to a franchise like run the ONLY "i'll do all the dirty work i can find" player OUT OF TOWN ON A RAIL.

you guys have fun with it.  bass might total 18 points in the series.  watch for KG to get really tired.  paul too.  watch for avery to get less and less minutes as "birth cert rotation" doc gets back to the basics.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

In Response to Re: Halftime of Game 3- Celts look like they're bothered to have to be playing this game.... : i'm glad you can carve out some blue sky for yourself.  Bass has STUNK in the playoffs.  people crapped so hard on davis just for being fat last year, let alone being our FINISHER 5 on a team that was 33-9 and even better than that, until his injury.  but that's good- your boy bass does ZILCH and he had some "very good defensive stats" and "started on a good team" this year. and the celts really did PUT THE HAWKS AWAY tonight.  i'm 8 minutes behind on the DVR and we just went into OVERTIME against a hawks team with NO: Pachulia, Horford or Josh Smith. But it's cool.  hey, we're still in the game!!  right?
    Posted by aciemvp

Celtics win a thriller:  a down to the wire finish that had me on the edge of my seat the whole game!  Rondo, of course, came up big in crunch time with the first 4 points of OT and a modest triple-double with 17 points, 14 rebounds and 12 assists in continuing his outstanding assists streak.  Even with all the breakdowns, Ray coming back, Bradley going out in the 3rd with a shoulder injury, I expected the Celtics to win in the end, which they did!  KGs strong put back O-rebound on the spectacular Rondo miss was probably the play of the game from my perspective.  Banner #18 is becoming increasingly more likely to hang in the Garden in June with every passing challenge faced by the greatest franchise in NBA history.  The Hawks played out of their minds tonight to make the game competitive, much as the Celtics did in Game 2 without Rondo, except the Celtics won that game in displaying the hearts of true champions!!!

As Always,

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Jam, they mark this a "W" in the column but the bigger victory was for the hawks to even be remotely close, let alone come back 14-4 to force overtime- that my friend is beyond ridiculous and right into downright incompetence. 

it empowers them to have taken us to OT.  wonderboy rondo was a complete flatline in the first half when we needed set the tone.  then he ends up going 7-22 with at least 10 desperation heaves because our offense was being run (by rondo) so very poorly.  pierce was so tired he could only hit free throws.

Thank God KG was there to put that shot back in or who knows what would have happened.  This was a SET THE TONE game and we set the the tone that we are sloppy and can't put a team that is begging to be put out of its misery, out of a series. 

It makes the whole series a bigger fight than it should be.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

In Response to Re: Halftime of Game 3- Celts look like they're bothered to have to be playing this game.... :  every big in the league fattens up as time goes on. collins is 300 pounds if he's an ounce. dampier probably 280-290 or 3 bills. tonight was a really big WASTE. we struggled to win a game we should have had in hand before half time. we gave away a 14-4 run to end the game in a tie? 
    anyone think that the hawks now feel like they can TAKE US, assuming josh smith comes backinto the line up? or even not? what the hell, they took us to the brink tonight! and in unrelated news, we are still waiting for brandon bass to show up for the playoffs. i mean if you ever played eric fernsten 30 minutes a night, i'm sure he could come up with bass' numbers so far. lights are on and nobody is home, especially on defense where he goes into "wander" mode in unprovoked fits of non-sensical activity and frequently "turns his head" (his best move on defense) to allow his man to break to the basket clean, recieve a pass and dunk nice and easy. i mean really. taking bass' regular season numbers of 12 and 6, he was NO BETTER of a player than davis ever was for us and MUCH WORSE if you consider that he cannot: 1) do help defense- when he tries to do it i want to crack the tv screen- the results are horrible 2) play the 5- he's just too small 3) pass the ball with any skill- herky jerky movements and bobbling are what occurs when he gets the ball in traffic 4) drive the ball to the hoop 5) does not have as many or as many effective post up moves as davis 6) he drew how many charges this year? yes, he shoots FG% and FT% better but is a less aggressive player. if he was any more passive so far in the playoffs, i swear we'd be playing 4 on 5. if this guy wakes up and pulls his weight, we should be able to put the hawks to bed easily. he showed no signs of it tonight playing against a nobody though. if we get out of this series with 4 wins, KG, pierce are going to have a LOT of miles on them from carrying the load. and somehow rondo has to figure out how to not get outplayed by teague. a 7-22 shooting night triple double is not exactly what hoops dreams are made of, while teague is shooting over 50% and playing much better ball frankly. rondo covered up his stink by getting a lot of rebounds tonight, but please. 5 turnovers in the first half and our offense was run so poorly that rondo probably shot 15 low-shotclock-prayers tonight. simply terrible basketball.
    and now we have a freshly and rightfully emboldened opponent instead of a demoralized opponent                      perhaps now you are beginning to understand the horrific nature of doc rivers the coach.  it's a trade that should have never been made to begin with, but for doc's PERSONAL VENDETTA with glen davis that was entirely unprofessional and DETRIMENTAL TO OUR TEAM. davis was a 100% system guy and give me a damn break with "he was so immature" crapola.  he was so immature he led the league in charges taken adn turned games around for us and preserved and WON games for us in unconventional ways AND with dynamite shooting last year and FOR YEARS.  davis WAS our help defense system- he made life easy for our aging vets (READ: KG) by covering gaps in the middle with his body, not by blocking shots.  yet doc rivers saw red any time he say glen davis.  he took the good, but as soon as there was anything else, he ran to the press like a playground wimp and complained about glen.  after the fourth or fifth time doc did that, all the while having SHEED THE SUBVERSIVE FLABBY BOOOBBBED NON-FORCE OF FAILURE on the roster and RONDO THE INCOMPETENT (BY FAR) FREE THROW SHOOTER / SAG DOWN LIABILITY on the team who did MUCH WORSE things for the team than davis EVER did- you know what after so many times of "going to the press", davis checked out of this team.  because of doc. because doc was so unprofessional and demented in his dadddy dearest role with glen that he couldn't step outside of himself.  and now we have a regular season ONLY guy in bass who put up the SAME DAMN NUMBERS as davis while forcing KG TO PLAY THE FIVE- don't you understand it?  KG at the 5 and this "athletic bass" who gets NO MORE rebounds than davis did and is a less aggressive player in total as evidenced by lower FTAs per minute played- this is a GOOD change?  no, it's the change that IDIOT doc rivers forced on this team.  and you can't go back on it.  davis wouldn't want to come back and play for a piece of crap like doc and who would?  it was not equal treatment.  it was let's whine and moan about glen all the time, any time you can find something that he did wrong.  yes, the punching his friend thing was dumb, but what was worse was sheed showing up with those solid C cups and NOT EVEN TRYING- doc didn't say a THING about that- sheed killed us all year and then was still so out of shape he broke on us like a cheap clock when we needed him the most. then last year, davis got hurt, NOT an insignificant injury, tried to come back, probably tried too hard, and rivers threw him to the press once again.  no respect, no professionalism.  and davis mentally checked out of boston. and now we have bass.  his talent on defense is getting lost on picks, turning a blind eye to his man and/or the ball.  he STINKS.  he can't play under pressure.  this is NOT the first good time he's played on.  both dallas and ORL were good playoff teams.  and bass couldn't stick with either.  so we just signed him up for 3 or 4 years just becuase his name wasn't glen davis. dumb, dumb, dumb.  and it's on danny too.  GM's are supposed to step in and try to correct coaches that are about to do something lastingly STUPID to a franchise like run the ONLY "i'll do all the dirty work i can find" player OUT OF TOWN ON A RAIL. you guys have fun with it.  bass might total 18 points in the series.  watch for KG to get really tired.  paul too.  watch for avery to get less and less minutes as "birth cert rotation" doc gets back to the basics.
    Posted by aciemvp

it all depends on how you look at it, acie. are you fat?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

Jam, they mark this a "W" in the column but the bigger victory was for the hawks to even be remotely close, let alone come back 14-4 to force overtime- that my friend is beyond ridiculous and right into downright incompetence.  it empowers them to have taken us to OT.  wonderboy rondo was a complete flatline in the first half when we needed set the tone.  then he ends up going 7-22 with at least 10 desperation heaves because our offense was being run (by rondo) so very poorly.  pierce was so tired he could only hit free throws. Thank God KG was there to put that shot back in or who knows what would have happened.  This was a SET THE TONE game and we set the the tone that we are sloppy and can't put a team that is begging to be put out of its misery, out of a series.  It makes the whole series a bigger fight than it should be.
    Posted by aciemvp

If the Celtics had won by 40-50 points, would the series have been any better than a 2 to 1 advantage?  I seem to recall a huge Celtics victory in the 80s in which the Cs blew out the Lackers in the first game of the NBA Finals, but lost the series.  They did look very fluid in that game 1, clicking on all cylinders.  The next few games looked anything but fluid.  I also remember the 2007-08 Celtics, a prohibitive favorite, having a tough 7 game series with the Hawks in which they had three horrid games, but went on the win the Championship in the largest clinching victory in NBA Finals history over the Lackers.  I choose not to look so much to the negative or be overly pessimistic; I choose to view the glass as half full rather than half empty; therefore, keeping the games in the entertainment spectrum rather than life or death.  I'm an avid Celtics fan and will be so until I no longer breathe.  I'm a die-hard Rondo fan and opine him to be "the best guard in the Association, bar none."  I will always believe the Celtics will win the next Championship until it is no longer possible to do so.  Accordingly, I believe each game is one win, one loss, and entertainment.  The Celtics got the one win, the Hawks got the one loss, and I was entertained.  I continue to enjoy the ride!!  Do you?

As Always,

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Jamlock agreed but could be summed up as follows: started sluggish, closed it out, got the win. 

The year we won the championship Atlanta took us to 7 games and no one remembers that or cares about it now...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Id have to agree with most of what acie has posted.

The Celtics came out on home court and looked like they were a rugby team just learning about basketball.  They've had plenty of rest in the last week and last played on Tues night. However, they loooked like they played a doubleheader Thurs night.

Hard to understand, perhaps a let down but even that is stretching it. Doc needs to find ways to motivate this team to play. A letdown in the playoffs?? Doc, we saw the same disgusting ball from the C's in game 1. Only lucky the Hawks lost Josh for tonights game  and Tracy got hurt or him looked like he was gonna bury us.  This falls on Docs shoulders and I really dont wanna hear blame the players...

Agreed that Bass has been invisible. Actually bad choice of words...hes been horrible, invisible might be an improvement. Yes, I wish we could have a do-over on that BBD trade about now. Bass is giving us nothing with the Hawks 3 best big men out!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFURY13. Show DFURY13's posts

Kirk Heinrick looks like a dork with those stupid goggles. As if he didn't look like enough of a geek already. I wasn't sure if was playing ball or getting ready for a dip in the pool.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyCelt2. Show KyCelt2's posts

In Response to Re: Halftime of Game 3- Celts look like they're bothered to have to be playing this game.... : If the Celtics had won by 40-50 points, would the series have been any better than a 2 to 1 advantage?  I seem to recall a huge Celtics victory in the 80s in which the Cs blew out the Lackers in the first game of the NBA Finals, but lost the series.  They did look very fluid in that game 1, clicking on all cylinders.  The next few games looked anything but fluid.  I also remember the 2007-08 Celtics, a prohibitive favorite, having a tough 7 game series with the Hawks in which they had three horrid games, but went on the win the Championship in the largest clinching victory in NBA Finals history over the Lackers.  I choose not to look so much to the negative or be overly pessimistic; I choose to view the glass as half full rather than half empty; therefore, keeping the games in the entertainment spectrum rather than life or death.  I'm an avid Celtics fan and will be so until I no longer breathe.  I'm a die-hard Rondo fan and opine him to be "the best guard in the Association, bar none."  I will always believe the Celtics will win the next Championship until it is no longer possible to do so.  Accordingly, I believe each game is one win, one loss, and entertainment.  The Celtics got the one win, the Hawks got the one loss, and I was entertained.  I continue to enjoy the ride!!  Do you? As Always,
    Posted by JamLock

You're easily entertained, aren't you!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to Re: Halftime of Game 3- Celts look like they're bothered to have to be playing this game.... : perhaps now you are beginning to understand the horrific nature of doc rivers the coach.  it's a trade that should have never been made to begin with, but for doc's PERSONAL VENDETTA with glen davis that was entirely unprofessional and DETRIMENTAL TO OUR TEAM. davis was a 100% system guy and give me a damn break with "he was so immature" crapola.  he was so immature he led the league in charges taken adn turned games around for us and preserved and WON games for us in unconventional ways AND with dynamite shooting last year and FOR YEARS.  davis WAS our help defense system- he made life easy for our aging vets (READ: KG) by covering gaps in the middle with his body, not by blocking shots.  yet doc rivers saw red any time he say glen davis.  he took the good, but as soon as there was anything else, he ran to the press like a playground wimp and complained about glen.  after the fourth or fifth time doc did that, all the while having SHEED THE SUBVERSIVE FLABBY BOOOBBBED NON-FORCE OF FAILURE on the roster and RONDO THE INCOMPETENT (BY FAR) FREE THROW SHOOTER / SAG DOWN LIABILITY on the team who did MUCH WORSE things for the team than davis EVER did- you know what after so many times of "going to the press", davis checked out of this team.  because of doc. because doc was so unprofessional and demented in his dadddy dearest role with glen that he couldn't step outside of himself.  and now we have a regular season ONLY guy in bass who put up the SAME DAMN NUMBERS as davis while forcing KG TO PLAY THE FIVE- don't you understand it?  KG at the 5 and this "athletic bass" who gets NO MORE rebounds than davis did and is a less aggressive player in total as evidenced by lower FTAs per minute played- this is a GOOD change?  no, it's the change that IDIOT doc rivers forced on this team.  and you can't go back on it.  davis wouldn't want to come back and play for a piece of crap like doc and who would?  it was not equal treatment.  it was let's whine and moan about glen all the time, any time you can find something that he did wrong.  yes, the punching his friend thing was dumb, but what was worse was sheed showing up with those solid C cups and NOT EVEN TRYING- doc didn't say a THING about that- sheed killed us all year and then was still so out of shape he broke on us like a cheap clock when we needed him the most. then last year, davis got hurt, NOT an insignificant injury, tried to come back, probably tried too hard, and rivers threw him to the press once again.  no respect, no professionalism.  and davis mentally checked out of boston. and now we have bass.  his talent on defense is getting lost on picks, turning a blind eye to his man and/or the ball.  he STINKS.  he can't play under pressure.  this is NOT the first good time he's played on.  both dallas and ORL were good playoff teams.  and bass couldn't stick with either.  so we just signed him up for 3 or 4 years just becuase his name wasn't glen davis. dumb, dumb, dumb.  and it's on danny too.  GM's are supposed to step in and try to correct coaches that are about to do something lastingly STUPID to a franchise like run the ONLY "i'll do all the dirty work i can find" player OUT OF TOWN ON A RAIL. you guys have fun with it.  bass might total 18 points in the series.  watch for KG to get really tired.  paul too.  watch for avery to get less and less minutes as "birth cert rotation" doc gets back to the basics.
    Posted by aciemvp

Your obsession with Glen Davis is terrifying.  It really isn't worth talking about anymore.  Both Bass and Davis are average 4's and they both do some things better than the other.  Bass is not playing well at the moment, this is obvious.  None of this means that it is a big deal that Davis is no longer on the team.  

You're favorite player is gone.  Please try and deal with your despair in a more healthy way.  I guarantee you have written more words about Davis than anyone else has in the entire world.  It is wierd man.

Sections
Shortcuts