HALLOWED COMPANY: 32-15-10 for RONDO

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CAPITALIST_AVENGER. Show CAPITALIST_AVENGER's posts

HALLOWED COMPANY: 32-15-10 for RONDO

The last celtic to post those numbers was one larry bird! i love this rondo! like in football when you just run the ball even when you get no gain. the very act of running the ball sets you up to do other things. rr was aggressive in shooting the ball, penetrating and looking for his shot. he channelled his inner jeremy lin perfectly. however, i saw something to be both concerned and happy about the future of this team. if we are going to plan around rr after the big 3 era, we need guys like josh smith (rr was his PG at oak hill academy), JJ and wilcox. we need a fast-breaking track team around him to maximize his talents. we outsprinted and outathleticized the fast and athletic younger bulls. rr's stat line has only been done NINE times in NBA history. kobe and lebron have never done it. magic did it 3 times which puts his greatness in perspective.

in many ways, rr has been sacrificed to accomadate these big 3. they keep saying rr should take over but they are not what make him his best. rr will be better with moore as a runnin mate over ray ray. will be better if jj was the regular PF over KG. If wilcox was the starting center over JO. i right now am leaning towards keepin the kid but giving him a roster most worthy of his natural instincts. i'll keep pp because of history, versatility and the fact that he's the younger of the big 3 and can play backup point. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: HOLLOWED COMPANY: 32-15-10 for RONDO

GREAT #'S.... RIGHT UP TO THE 5 MIN MARK WHEN THE BULLS MADE US PLAY HALF COURT..... THEY DIDN'T NEED TO GUARD HIM THEN.... GOOD THING RONDO MADE HIS 4 FOUL SHOTS OR THAT WOULD HAVE ENDED BADLY !!!   ( BTW, NO D. ROSE !! )

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from alchow00. Show alchow00's posts

Great win and game for Rondo.
    I think Rondo can actually hit Fts if he stay cool and focused.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Hollowed indeed.

Very hollow... as in empty. 

The kid struggled to finish the game and did his Barney Fife routine when the game was on the line. 0-4 with FGAs in the 4th quarter (2 FTs) with CPP having to take over handling the ball with R9R disappearing per usual.

The word is hallowed, not hollowed.

Pud

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: HOLLOWED COMPANY: 32-15-10 for RONDO:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: HOLLOWED COMPANY: 32-15-10 for RONDO : That remains to be seen.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

We did see it....yyesterday!!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: HOLLOWED COMPANY: 32-15-10 for RONDO : One game makes Rondo a good FT shooter? If he raises his average to 70% then that's real improvement. I don't hate Rondo. I just don't think we can build around him or we can win with him in the playoffs.

I would still like to keep him as you'll read only if we can get a big man without trading him. Yes, Rondo had a great game !!!  But going forward---don't forget, Rose was not in this game--- he isn’t a clutch player that we can depend upon when the game is one the line in the last few seconds. Also, at times for the entire game, he is erratic.  If there were some way to keep him & still get a desperately needed big man, I would love to do it and we would not play him the last few minutes as most teams will play a 5 on 4 and leave him open 15-20 ft out.  Ray Allen, and I’ve loved him, might interest LA as they don’t  have any outside shooters other than Kobe as Artest and Fisher are past their prime…Ray is too but he’s still a dead on 3 pt shooter when open. Would they take Ray, JO, Bass & a draft pick for Gasol ? My first choice for a big man is Kaman. Again, I’d let Ray Allen go if that could get us a big man. I saw Rondo do two fantastic alley oops vs. Bulls to 2 different players( I forgot whom) who were probably 6’8"---6’9”. Couldn’t you see him tossing the ball in to a 7 footer & when he is double teamed, Rondo might toss up bricks but he can drive to the basket as well as any prime PG.  So, keep him if possible !!! 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

In Response to HOLLOWED COMPANY: 32-15-10 for RONDO:
    [QUOTE]The last celtic to post those numbers was one larry bird! i love this rondo! like in football when you just run the ball even when you get no gain. the very act of running the ball sets you up to do other things. rr was aggressive in shooting the ball, penetrating and looking for his shot. he channelled his inner jeremy lin perfectly. however, i saw something to be both concerned and happy about the future of this team. if we are going to plan around rr after the big 3 era, we need guys like josh smith (rr was his PG at oak hill academy), JJ and wilcox. we need a fast-breaking track team around him to maximize his talents. we outsprinted and outathleticized the fast and athletic younger bulls. rr's stat line has only been done NINE times in NBA history. kobe and lebron have never done it. magic did it 3 times which puts his greatness in perspective. in many ways, rr has been sacrificed to accomadate these big 3. they keep saying rr should take over but they are not what make him his best. rr will be better with moore as a runnin mate over ray ray. will be better if jj was the regular PF over KG. If wilcox was the starting center over JO. i right now am leaning towards keepin the kid but giving him a roster most worthy of his natural instincts. i'll keep pp because of history, versatility and the fact that he's the younger of the big 3 and can play backup point. 
    Posted by CAPITALIST_AVENGER[/QUOTE]

Impressive statistical analysis which may go largely overlooked by the many trade Rondo naysayers who like to focus only on his faults, even though he is the best point guard in the Association, bar none!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As Always,

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: HOLLOWED COMPANY: 32-15-10 for RONDO : We did see it....yyesterday!!
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

That whooly mammoth was also seen recently...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: HOLLOWED COMPANY: 32-15-10 for RONDO : We did see it....yyesterday!!
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

As he alluded to, he didn't see the game.  He only took an interest in the post game news conference in which Rondo did not speak to the press so he could refer to the best point guard in the Association, bar none as a diva.  Pity, the game was much more newsworthy than the press conference! ROTFLMAO!

As Always,

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]Hollowed indeed. Very hollow... as in empty.  The kid struggled to finish the game and did his Barney Fife routine when the game was on the line. 0-4 with FGAs in the 4th quarter (2 FTs) with CPP having to take over handling the ball with R9R disappearing per usual. The word is hallowed , not hollowed. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

look at this kids statline..he played 40 minutes..and yet you still find a way to complain? i cant take you.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Great win and game for Rondo. I think Rondo can actually hit Fts if he stay cool and focused.
    Posted by alchow00[/QUOTE]

I think his free throws are all mental.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: HOLLOWED COMPANY: 32-15-10 for RONDO : One game makes Rondo a good FT shooter? If he raises his average to 70% then that's real improvement. I don't hate Rondo. I just don't think we can build around him or we can win with him in the playoffs.

You do know we HAVE won with him in the playoffs? Right?

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: HOLLOWED COMPANY: 32-15-10 for RONDO : Yes, we have won with him. But ever since he became Rondo the All-Star we have never won a championship with him at the controls in the 4th qtr. Rondo is just not fundamentally sound. You don't win championships when you're not fundamentally sound.

Rondo is fundamentally hollowed as an NBA PG. 

Just like Barney Fife is a fundamentally hollowed deputy sheriff.

And neither believed it... with all their puff and swagger.

Pud

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: HOLLOWED COMPANY: 32-15-10 for RONDO : Rondo is fundamentally hollowed as an NBA PG.  Just like Barney Fife is a fundamentally hollowed deputy sheriff. And neither believed it... with all their puff and swagger. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]
    Glad to see you`ve subsumed dudder, your other personality, so that at least we don`t have to see the same tired Rondo -bashing x2.Oh, wait, you`ve got fierce for a running buddy now.There is something fundamentally sick about somebody who feels the need to bash their hate object , even when he performs at high levels.Instead of Celtic Green ,you`re apparently green with envy.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CAPITALIST_AVENGER. Show CAPITALIST_AVENGER's posts

Re: HALLOWED COMPANY: 32-15-10 for RONDO

I STAND CORRECTED WITH HALLOW for hollow, imistyped! second, rr should not be involved in any trade considerations unless we are talking a sign and trade involving dwight howard at the end of the season or a bynum.. period! no way i would do gasol for rr in any combination. if lakes want to do a salary dump, fine.. ray, jo and kg are available to anyone at anytime during this year long as we get a first-rounder or a young freakishly athletic guy to run with rr or a gasol-like inside type for the half-court and closings.  why don't we give leon powe a look? this team never gets easy points. lastly, rr = LEBRON when it comes to closing. it is what it is. the offense should be run thru pp in the last 4 minutes when we absolutely must score. if rr however will continue to be aggressive getting to FT line and not run away from the ball like a shaq, i would have him as a lob option when teams choose to not guard him. there were a few times when he was wide open under the rim. if he is not being aggressive and taking FTs, then u must close with a dooling... period!

Sections
Shortcuts