Harangody at SF

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: Harangody at SF

From watching him play in the summer league the answer is NO!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from so-fla-seltic. Show so-fla-seltic's posts

In Response to Harangody at SF:
    [QUOTE]I know this sounds stupid, but does anyone think Luke Harangody can play the 3? He has good size for the position, and can shoot very well.  Could this possibly be a fit?
    Posted by titletownfan[/QUOTE]

Definitely not a bad idea.  It all comes down to whether he can guard guys like Lebron, Artest, Melo.  Does he have the foot speed to stay in front the more athletic 3's.  On offense he should have an advantage in the post, its worth a try especially since the C's play more team defense.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

I agree with the last post. It's possible he can guard the slower 3's such as a Ryan Gomes or Ron Artest. However, I don't think he has the speed to stay with the fast small forwards. Therefore with certain matchups he may work. We'll see come pre-season.
       Another thing to consider is that it appears that Ainge and Doc are not looking to use rookies this season. Bradley and Delonte West play the same 2 positions and are close in size. My guess is Ainge and Doc want to go with an all veteran rotation this season. To the D. league or trade this fall for Bradley. It's unfortunate in a way because he appears to be a very good player. However Delonte is a proven veteran.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KB24RULZ. Show KB24RULZ's posts

In Response to Re: Harangody at SF:
    [QUOTE]. My guess is Ainge and Doc want to go with an all veteran rotation this season.
    Posted by mem17[/QUOTE]

Like you have 5 players not considered vets that could start lmao!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

I think Danny wants a battle for mins this year.

He has accumulated Bradley, Nate, Wafer, West, Harangody and Daniels.  He is throwing it all on the wall to see what sticks.   Fight is out, boys, and good luck to you.  Doc will play the best 3 come playoff time, barring a late-season trade!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

I think we may be looking at an early season trade with the log jam @ point guard and 2 guards. Current back ups include: Robinson, Bradley, West, Wafer. Bradley and West can play both positions. With the signing of West, it now appears that the signing of Robinson was unnecessary. I like Nate, but West is 6'4 and a much more consistent player. That 6'7 or 6'8 back up small forward is the C's only hole. Unfortunately the players listed can't be traded for another couple of months due to the 3 month trade rule after signing a player.
       Harrangody is a big question mark at playing the 3 position due to his lack of speed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Give Harangody a shot at it.  Remember this guy played 4 years of college and brings in more experience than a one and done Bradley.  So Harangody should see some time this season at the 3 or 4 spot depending on the match up.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I think with Harangody on defense it will be a matchup thing.  The flip side is that some 3's and 4's will have trouble guarding Harangody, especially the 4's, because they'll need to respect his outside game. 

He reminds me of a guy like Matt Harpring, another tweener who was pretty rugged despite going only 6'7" or so.  Harpring did pretty well over his career.  Harpring was a better athlete, Harangody is a better shooter (or so I think).  Let's hope we have another Harpring on our hands.   

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Parish-sez. Show Parish-sez's posts

I really feel Goody is a sleeper keeper.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Ray Allen only weighs about 200 lbs which is rather slim to play against many guys playing the 3 position as many go 230 or 240 lbs. Ray Allen is strictly a 2 guard.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

As much as I like Luke's game I agree against the better 3's and 4's in the NBA, he will be a little slow against the sf and a little short vs the pf (as others have said).
     During the summer league I felt TG was probably a better 3 defender but without  all of Luke's offensive skills as Luke would often sort of follow the play if it involved a quick more athletic player.
     If we go there, Glen Davis has got faster feet, shows real well on pick and roll defense and is very quick for a guy so powerful. Most say he can't play the position though.. Besides he is the #1 back-up for KG and can actually stand in at the 5 if needed!

I hope I'm wrong but I don't think Luke will see much 3. He will be ok at the 3 and 4 against second tier players though and maybe really surprise us after some NBA experience.  Hey this is all speculation...COME ON PRE-SEASON!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: Harangody at SF:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Harangody at SF : Definitely not a bad idea.  It all comes down to whether he can guard guys like Lebron, Artest, Melo.  Does he have the foot speed to stay in front the more athletic 3's.  On offense he should have an advantage in the post, its worth a try especially since the C's play more team defense.
    Posted by legin1212[/QUOTE]

Bingo

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

The C's aren't gonna try to be the defensive team they were in the past ... this team is being constructed for offense! They lost their defensive coach and two of their best defenders (TA/KP) and have added guys that are more offensive to keep the pressure on the opponent. Stop concentrating on a players defensive ability as much as his ability to score. Forget about a big SF for now as well as the logjam at the guard spot since if West sticks he will be Pierce's backup along with Daniels for now. Unless an unexpected cut provides that big SF preseason or a trade happens in the late fall or winter this is it for now.

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2010/09/02/calling-all-characters-in-boston/

"West’s job will be to back up Pierce, a job he should have no problem handling since he’s always been able to guard bigger players."

" He is a strong mid-range shooter and effective defender, which is exactly what the Celtics need as a backup to Pierce."

Roster Depth Chart:

PG) Rondo - Robinson - West - Bradley
    SG) Allen - Wafer - Bradley - West
    SF) Pierce - Daniels - West - Harangody
    PF) Garnett - J O'Neil - Davis - Harangody
    -C) J O'Neil - Shaq - Davis - Perkins - Erden