Harangody may be signed this week

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenpride32. Show greenpride32's posts

Harangody may be signed this week

CSNNE is reporting Harangody may be signed as early as this week.  By my counts that would be 13 roster spots.  He's not going to get any minute behind KG and BBD, and I doubt he can play the 3.  C's should be focusing on SHAQ, somebody who will actually contribute.

I think this also means Gaffney is out. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Re: Harangody may be signed this week

I'm not surprised that Harrangody was signed. I watched all but 1 Celtics summer league game, and he played well. Sure he's got some parts of his game that need some work, but he's a talented player.
        Harrangody may be able to play the 3 position against certain players who are more power small forwards rather than speed small forwards. Harrangody is built a lot and plays similar to Ryan Gomes. Gomes has been a solid NBA player who can play the 3 and 4 spots depending on the matchups. We'll see if the same holds true for Harrangody.
       If Harrangody makes the 13th roster spot, I assume that the C's will add 1 more player keeping an open roster spot for trades etc. as they did last season.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

DA will probably take his time signing Harangody because he does not fill any immediate need of the team for a title run. The priority is signing a veteran center who can spell Jermaine O'Neal. A back-up for Ray Allen is also necessary. Harangody is a relatively low priority right now.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Harangody signing shouldn't halt any of those moves though.  I don't see why he couldn't be used as a wing defender is some spots.  He's a lot more mobile than the reports indicated.

It looks like House will be well...in the house.  For all we know Sheed is coming back, or that rumored deal for Shaq happens.  As of now Sheed is the backup C, and it wouldn't be horrible if that's how it worked out.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from thrombosis. Show thrombosis's posts

Doc has shown through his treatment of Scal that he will work guys in if they are smart team players who can spread the floor.  The strange thing about Luke is how he has always done things on the court people said he could not do. He has always added something when it looked like he had hit his ceiling.  Now he has slimmed down and he gets down the court OK. And where did this 3 point jumper off the catch come from?  Maybe he just has a feel for the game that will allow him to play off Rondo.  If the C's don't get a Battier or Posey, Luke will get a chance for some 3 minutes.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Luke will do fine , his biggest problem will be the cement thoughts that Doc has about rookies.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

A question, how many years is that rookie contract ? (like the one of bradley)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

1st rd picks are 2 years guaranteed, 2 years of escalting team options and then the player becomes a restricted free agent if the team tenders him, ie does not renounce his rights for a 5th season. The player can refuse any contract offers from other teams and sign the 1 year tender in order to reach free unrestricted free agency, or sign with another team and watch his team match that contract, or sign for 1 extra year with his team. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

In Response to Re: Harangody may be signed this week:
    1st rd picks are 2 years guaranteed, 2 years of escalting team options and then the player becomes a restricted free agent if the team tenders him, ie does not renounce his rights for a 5th season. The player can refuse any contract offers from other teams and sign the 1 year tender in order to reach free unrestricted free agency, or sign with another team and watch his team match that contract, or sign for 1 extra year with his team. 
    Posted by rameakap

what about second rounds?  And thanks for helping me out Smile

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrvAlbertsBra. Show MrvAlbertsBra's posts

It should be a seamless transition for him.  He goes from a school whose fans overstate the current relevancy of the school's football program based on "historical success" (11 championships, but only 3 after 1966 and none after '88) to a city whose NBA fans do the same.

Sections
Shortcuts