Harder to average 11.4 assists or 12.2 rebounds?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Harder to average 11.4 assists or 12.2 rebounds?

Only 24 players have EVER had a season averaging more assists than Rondo is right now... EVER

and Stockton had the best season ever at 14.5 in '90

Bynum is getting 12.2 boards a game. 250 times has a player averaged more than 12.5 boards a game in a season. 24 players have grabbed over 20 boards in a season before. Wilt grabbed 27.2 once.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

Re: Harder to average 11.4 assists or 12.2 rebounds?

Bynum's goal going into the season was to be in the tiop 5 of rebounding.
    He will finish 3rd.

Everyone knows Rhondo is ALL about his assist numbers.
    He gives up so many easy shots near the basket hoping someone else will score.

His goal this season is to win the assist title.
    It looks like he will do that...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Rondo doesn't say things or set goals like that

his goal is to win a title and play great team basketball

it is immature selfish players who publicly set personal goals

Rondo is going out and doing something done no more than 25 times EVER... Bynum is doing something likely done 350-400 times before

and the LA fans come here and 'yip yip yip' about what a destructive force Bynum is... and try to insult a double digit assist streak during the best record in the league over a 26 game stretch?

please

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

In Response to Re: Harder to average 11.4 assists or 12.2 rebounds?:
    Rondo doesn't say things or set goals like that his goal is to win a title and play great team basketball it is immature selfish players who publicly set personal goals Rondo is going out and doing something done no more than 25 times EVER... Bynum is doing something likely done 350-400 times before and the LA fans come here and 'yip yip yip' about what a destructive force Bynum is... and try to insult a double digit assist streak during the best record in the league over a 26 game stetch?? please
    Posted by rameakap

Moody Rhondo is all about getting his numbers.
    I think it's great that Bynum had a personal rebounding goal.
    You don't think athletes should set goals?
    Runners shouldn't have a goal?
    If a pitcher says he wants to win 20 games, that is a bad thing? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

The goal should be to do whatever their coach says they have to do to win games and make the team better... that's what Rondo does (except for the whole, learn to shoot better thing, haha)

if Bynum was told to let Gasol play 5 feet from the basket b/c he has a softer touch and do nothing but set hard picks for Kobe and pass the ball off getting 4-5 assists a game you know that Andrew would pout and be a locker room cancer

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

The goal should be to do whatever their coach says they have to do to win games and make the team better... that's what Rondo does (except for the whole, learn to shoot better thing, haha) if Bynum was told to let Gasol play 5 feet from the basket b/c he has a softer touch and do nothing but set hard picks for Kobe and pass the ball off getting 4-5 assists a game you know that Andrew would pout and be a locker room cancer
    Posted by rameakap

Letting Gasol play inside more and Bynum less does not help the Lakers.
    LA has the best big men combo in the league. They are not going to change what they are doing and make the team worse.

Setting personal goals besides team goals is done by probably almost every athlete. You are naive if you think they don't have personal goals.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tekaronhiakha. Show tekaronhiakha's posts

Put it this way Mark.....which player do you think is closer to MVP discussions? Rondo or Bynum?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

Put it this way Mark.....which player do you think is closer to MVP discussions? Rondo or Bynum?
    Posted by tekaronhiakha

I haven't heard Rondo or Bynum in any MVP discussions.
    Do you think Danny Ainge would trade Rondo for Bynum?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tekaronhiakha. Show tekaronhiakha's posts

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/04/06/mvp-ladder-rondo-rejoins-the-party/

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RS75. Show RS75's posts

If DA traded Rondo for Bynum, Howard signs with Lakers.  I see my beloved Celtics flounder and Lakers likely win their 18th.

DA, do not trade Rondo this summer.  Build around him, Pierce, Bass, Avery and Pietrus!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

I didn't see this list where they have Rondo at #9.

Do you think Bynum will get as much MVP consideration when this is his first full injury free season as a starter?

For the record, I think Rondo should be higher in this years MVP voting.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Why is everyone wastiing their time comparing a center and a point guard on two diefferent threads?

No point at all in this discussion.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

In Response to Re: Harder to average 11.4 assists or 12.2 rebounds? : Moody Rhondo is all about getting his numbers. I think it's great that Bynum had a personal rebounding goal. You don't think athletes should set goals? Runners shouldn't have a goal? If a pitcher says he wants to win 20 games, that is a bad thing? 
    Posted by Mark from Ct

Moody Mark thinks he can read minds.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Why is everyone wastiing their time comparing a center and a point guard on two diefferent threads? No point at all in this discussion.
    Posted by snakeoil123

because Laker fans shift and spin and move goalposts when FACTS prove them wrong.. this isn't a 'who do you want/is better discussion'

What rondo is doing this season is WAY more impressive than what Bynum is doing

11.4 assists is WAY more impressive than 12.2 rebounds

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

I never said 12.2 rebounds was more impressive then 11.4 assists.
    I talked about Bynum's rebounding goal.

Rondo is having a very similar season to the one he had last year.
    Yes, his FG% and steals are down while his turnovers are up.
    Until his recent upswing in assists, his assist numbers were also down from last season.

Bynum is having a MUCH better season then last year.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tekaronhiakha. Show tekaronhiakha's posts

I actually think Bynum is an absolute beast and will be an MVP someday when he grows up a bit......Im a die hard C's fan but im not blind hahaha. I also think Rondo will too though. They are both a bit immature but i think Bynum's size makes it worse cause a cheap shot from him could seriously hurt somebody. What Rondo is doing with these triple doubles hasnt been seen in a long time, and no matter how many bricks he puts up, the numbers can't be ignored. I will admit i think that 30 rebounds is more impressive then Rondo's 20 assists but honestly thats only because im getting used to numbers like that from Rondo hahaha. As for this season Rondo is having a more impresive year.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I never said 12.2 rebounds was more impressive then 11.4 assists. I talked about Bynum's rebounding goal. Rondo is having a very similar season to the one he had last year. Yes, his FG% and steals are down while his turnovers are up. Until his recent upswing in assists, his assist numbers were also down from last season. Bynum is having a MUCH better season then last year.
    Posted by Mark from Ct

So you answer the question of my thread with '11.4 assists is harder to average'

thanks

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

In Response to Re: Harder to average 11.4 assists or 12.2 rebounds? : So you answer the question of my thread with '11.4 assists is harder to average' thanks
    Posted by rameakap

Yes it is.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Harder to average 11.4 assists or 12.2 rebounds? : Moody Mark thinks he can read minds.
    Posted by jrleftfoot

LOL - I'll call him Mhoody Mhark out of respect for RonDO!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Bynum's goal going into the season was to be in the tiop 5 of rebounding. He will finish 3rd. Everyone knows Rhondo is ALL about his assist numbers. He gives up so many easy shots near the basket hoping someone else will score. His goal this season is to win the assist title. It looks like he will do that...
    Posted by Mark from Ct

Hi,
    First, if Bynum and/or RR have announced those goals I'd love to see a link.
    Second, Nash is right behind RR in assists, so his goal is the same. And, like RR, he's sacrificing his team success just to give his team-mates opportunity to score.
    Third, would you mind to list at least 10 people, even on this forum, out of "everyone who knows Rhondo is ALL about his assist numbers."
    Thanks much,
    AK 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: Harder to average 11.4 assists or 12.2 rebounds? : Hi, First, if Bynum and/or RR have announced those goals I'd love to see a link. Second, Nash is right behind RR in assists, so his goal is the same. And, like RR, he's sacrificing his team success just to give his team-mates opportunity to score. Third, would you mind to list at least 10 people, even on this forum, out of "everyone who knows Rhondo is ALL about his assist numbers." Thanks much, AK 
    Posted by sinus007

haha

got 'em

But Bynum probably is self-centered anough to say such a thing tho.. so unless it is in the context of 'coach told me I have to be...' then he's a putz

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

you know for a guy who childishly calls others names like attention wh0re, you sure post a lot of moronic stuff and seem to have the most pressing need to be noticed. This thread actually is not a bad idea, your first one in a while. bur seriously, we already had a bynum vs. rondo thread, your brought nothing new with your thread on the topic. you could have simply contributed within the thread, but no.. you just had to start your own thread to keep your RIM-ME moniker in the lights.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

In Response to Re: Harder to average 11.4 assists or 12.2 rebounds? : Hi, First, if Bynum and/or RR have announced those goals I'd love to see a link. Second, Nash is right behind RR in assists, so his goal is the same. And, like RR, he's sacrificing his team success just to give his team-mates opportunity to score. Third, would you mind to list at least 10 people, even on this forum, out of "everyone who knows Rhondo is ALL about his assist numbers." Thanks much, AK 
    Posted by sinus007

Besides this link I heard Bynum mention his goal.
    http://twitter.com/#!/mcten/statuses/154421360091873280

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Sad a 47 yr old man has to follow lakers columnists on Twitter........very very sad!!

Sections
Shortcuts