Has Danny Gone on Vacation

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

Has Danny Gone on Vacation

Hey DA what's going on here? Every time I pick up a paper or go on the net some other team is signing a free agent we (the C's) can use. Have you given up? If letting Tony Allen go and then not have a back-up plan in his absence maybe you need a re-fresher course in GMing. Shannon Brown is the only viable free agent that is left....whatcha gonna do DA?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Re: Has Danny Gone on Vacation

surfing!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

people need to settle down

Danny got a starting Center who is an upgrade and can actually play down the stretch of a game because he isnt useless on offense in Jermaine O'Neal on DAY ONE OF FREE AGENCY. We lost Tony Allen who they didnt want to pay a third year too... If he left a year ago people wouldnt of thought twice. Retained Marquis and Nate who I thought were as good as gone. Both can help us. . . Nate will have a full camp and Marquis will play better not having to try to be a PG and hopefully being injury free will help. They have Erden coming over and while he is a project he has upside. Sheeds contract has no value at the moment. It will be valuable in August

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

JON will be effective and the reason why is because the C's have way more talent than the Heat did. He'll get some good looks and our paint points should go up.

I'm not sure what to do with Sheed. If he comes back I guess that would be a bonus but I remember how frustrating it was watching him up to the playoffs and I'm not sure it's not just better to move on and try and get a few other pieces. He balled in the playoffs so that was good to see.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

I think once people have most of their rosters set DA will make his final adjustments to this team.  People will then look at their team and decide if they are overloaded at one spot, or want to clear space for next year (Knicks? Melo has not signed yet!!)  Given the salary cap restrictions, he has done well so far.  I think they are hoping Bradley can replace TA............also read yesterday that if Bradley did not hurt his ankle, he would have been chosen much higher.  He "fell" to #19.  I wanted Anderson, (Sanders was gone), but I trust Doc and DA's instincts on this kid's defensive ability.  Can Harangody contribute anything?  That is a bigger question.  They shouldn't wait to find out!!  IF he can, that is a bonus.

So Ratliff and Thomas are gone, ATL is being stubborn with Shaq ( in his defense, if you are a HOF'er, do you play for vet min?) and Kwame is still not getting offers.

I would take either one (Kwame then Shaq) - and I forgot DJ Mbenga

Take a flyer on TMAC - yes I feel the same way about him that Rame does about Posey.  Maybe try a S & T with NYK for his contract if money is the problem.

Butler, Hayes..........I would like Howard.  And maybe if we are patient, he will come to us.......................John Wooden paraphrase there!!

I think Danny is being smart here.  Right now our bench is Robinson, Bradley, Daniels, Harangody and BBD (JON when Perk gets back).....very close to being done.............we need a scorer off the bench, and a final big.  Living in LA, I watched the lakers play pre-season last year, and was impressed with Gaffney.  Does he have a shot?  Does anyone know if this kid can play NBA D?  He looked like a banger!!

Let's not panic, guys, it will all be fine!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I think they will sign someone (Kwame?) to be a body off the bench if needed.  Still wondering where they get another 2/3 who can play defense and give Ray and Paul a breather.  This team is mostly complete, Ainge will add bodies as he can.  If he cam parlay that Sheed contract into something more than he'd be able to get with the vet min, even better. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

We seriously have to ask ourselves can Quis backup RA and/or PP by himself? I say no.

Doc really needs to convince TMac that being on the C's as a 6th man will revive his career over being on a Bulls team because of the exposure and chance to win a title.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

In Response to Re: Has Danny Gone on Vacation:
    We seriously have to ask ourselves can Quis backup RA and/or PP by himself? I say no. Doc really needs to convince TMac that being on the C's as a 6th man will revive his career over being on a Bulls team because of the exposure and chance to win a title.
    Posted by BiasLewis

YES!!!!

As I have been saying for two weeks now! Brilliant minds think alike...:).  But seriously, your avatar makes me very sad to this day!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I forgot about Nate. So Nate is backing up RA and Quis is backing up PP. I think we'll need more punch off the bench and hopefully Ainge has one more move to make.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I don't see how we can spin it that Danny is doing everything right here.  TA who some mention as not big deal, the 2008-9 version was not the 2009-10 version.  He played incredibly well and looks to be even better this season.  We now have three guards under 6ft3inches and while I love the way they play they are not long.  So what has Danny done to make us better. Not a lot. The most encouraging thing is Doc came back and I don't think he would have if he did not thing they could win. But stop lauding Danny's non-moves like he is a master chess player.  Like PP who knows a little about the personnel we should all ask what is going on? And where are the moves that we needed to get better.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

I don't see how we can spin it that Danny is doing everything right here.  TA who some mention as not big deal, the 2008-9 version was not the 2009-10 version.  He played incredibly well and looks to be even better this season.  We now have three guards under 6ft3inches and while I love the way they play they are not long.  So what has Danny done to make us better. Not a lot. The most encouraging thing is Doc came back and I don't think he would have if he did not thing they could win. But stop lauding Danny's non-moves like he is a master chess player.  Like PP who knows a little about the personnel we should all ask what is going on? And where are the moves that we needed to get better.
    Posted by concord27

Bradley, Harangody, Erdan and O'Neal

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

Thanks Concord27....DA has not done much (but re-sign old players) and fans such as us are calling him on it. A lot of naysayers are dogging TA about his play in previous years but last season he was playing at a high confident level. They say he can't shoot....well Ray wasn't making them when we needed them (in the playoffs). And he got 10 million per for the next 2 years for sucking in the playoffs! DA make a bold move!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

It's called Free Agency meaning guys can go wherever they want too. Ainge can't dictate that part of it. Remember KG wasn't coming to Boston if RA wasn't. Guys are getting paid this year because of the potential lockout

TA is gone we need to get over it.

I cannot fault Ainge in this situation. He's been on every available FA that the C's could afford. When those same guys are watching the C's in the playoffs they'll regret it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

Nate backs up Rondo with a little Bradley mixed in
    Bradley can help at PG and SG
    Marquis can backup either Ray or Paul
    We still need another wing
    and another big
    JO backs up Perk when Perk returns (or vice versa)
    Glen backs up KG and can play some center against certain guys
    Erden occupies the Shelden role from last year but he may be dleague bound

and i think people need to forget about TMac. He still thinks he is close to all star calibar... I dont see him taking the vet min. If he did I would be very happy. Its no coincidence he is working out for teams with cap space

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Bird and Cowens,
    I will give you Bradley but he is a draft pick.  Harangody and Erdan really how can we possibly know if they add a thing.  JON hopefully will revive himself.  None of these moves is really impressive since they  were either drafted or drafted the year before.  This team needs high level role players a la TA or Matt Barnes etc.  You saw what Marquis did who was considered a lock and steal at this time last year-nothing.  I am only pointing out the same thing that Paul Pierce pointed out a few days ago. Where are the moves that will allow us to win a title?  They haven't been made yet and are less likely due to the reductions in available FAs.  I hope Danny pulls of a miracle trade and will be the first to admit I am wrong.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

Bird and Cowens, I will give you Bradley but he is a draft pick.  Harangody and Erdan really how can we possibly know if they add a thing.  JON hopefully will revive himself.  None of these moves is really impressive since they  were either drafted or drafted the year before.  This team needs high level role players a la TA or Matt Barnes etc.  You saw what Marquis did who was considered a lock and steal at this time last year-nothing.  I am only pointing out the same thing that Paul Pierce pointed out a few days ago. Where are the moves that will allow us to win a title?  They haven't been made yet and are less likely due to the reductions in available FAs.  I hope Danny pulls of a miracle trade and will be the first to admit I am wrong.
    Posted by concord27

Please read my first post on this thread.  I am with you.... but it's not like he 's done nothing.  We've improved at Center, and may have the steal of the draft in Bradley.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from flag-waiver. Show flag-waiver's posts

I find it very interesting that the Celtics have picked-up alot of big guys.  So I ask you all out there, is there a trade coming soon?  Big Baby?  Perk?  Sheed?   and anyother combination of players could be dealt away.  Ainge has to unload somebody and look towards youth, there's alot of talent available right now. Chris Paul for one hmmm.