HAS DURANT now passed KOBE +lebron FOR BEST PLAYER STATUS?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobedaman. Show kobedaman's posts

Re: HAS DURANT now passed KOBE +lebron FOR BEST PLAYER STATUS?

In Response to Re: HAS DURANT now passed KOBE +lebron FOR BEST PLAYER STATUS?:
    In Response to Re: HAS DURANT now passed KOBE +lebron FOR BEST PLAYER STATUS? : He takes far more possesions to score his Which hurts his team just saying. The reality is it's not even close this year. Kobe is not the player Durant and lebron are. 
    Posted by jtkl

Disagree with you on all aspects of your reasoning.  First, MJ drove to the basket more than Kobe did.  Although no stats to back this up it seems logical.  Therefore shooting percentage would be better shooting closer to hoop.  If Durant and Lebron are so darn good why have they not won any championships?  All this nonsense about Kobe coattailing Shaq is inaccurate to say the least.  How was it that Kobe went to the Finals three straight times and won two of those after Shaq?  Of those three mentioned above who has more game winning shots???  Answer, Kobe and reference the two long range jump shots that put Lakers ahead with just a couple of ticks on the clock last night agains Warriors!  How many times has Kobe done this over the last few years?  Answer, Many and way more than those two above put together!!!  Thanks for playing!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

So- it's still Durant and James vs Bryant, right?

Ok, good, thought we were getting off track!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Snoopsnizzle. Show Snoopsnizzle's posts

In Response to Re: HAS DURANT now passed KOBE +lebron FOR BEST PLAYER STATUS? : Disagree with you on all aspects of your reasoning.  First, MJ drove to the basket more than Kobe did.  Although no stats to back this up it seems logical.  Therefore shooting percentage would be better shooting closer to hoop.  If Durant and Lebron are so darn good why have they not won any championships?  All this nonsense about Kobe coattailing Shaq is inaccurate to say the least.  How was it that Kobe went to the Finals three straight times and won two of those after Shaq?  Of those three mentioned above who has more game winning shots???  Answer, Kobe and reference the two long range jump shots that put Lakers ahead with just a couple of ticks on the clock last night agains Warriors!  How many times has Kobe done this over the last few years?  Answer, Many and way more than those two above put together!!!  Thanks for playing!
    Posted by kobedaman

Good post! Anyone with common knowledge of the game understands this. Unfortunately we are talking to people that do not know much about the NBA or only watch 1 particular team. They may catch Sportscenter every so often and thus are persuaded by a few highlights. But as it still stands -

Kobe = 5 rings

Durant's rings + Lebron's rings = ZERO

Enough said, and again thanks for playing. Cool

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Despite the juvenile ramblings of some people, Mr. Bryant having 5 rings only proves one thing - he   WAS a good player - his time has passed, and now the new generation of Durant and MEBron are taking over.  And while Durant and James may never get to 5 rings....that is irrelevant, and not the point of the thread at all.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Snoop.......you remind me of an old friend who used to post here.....a guy I liked conversing with....his moniker was the signature "sun glass smiley".....his name was Elias.....I've always wondered what happened to him....hmmmmmm...just saying...Cool

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to Re: HAS DURANT now passed KOBE +lebron FOR BEST PLAYER STATUS? : Good post! Anyone with common knowledge of the game understands this. Unfortunately we are talking to people that do not know much about the NBA or only watch 1 particular team. They may catch Sportscenter every so often and thus are persuaded by a few highlights. But as it still stands - Kobe = 5 rings Durant's rings + Lebron's rings = ZERO Enough said, and again thanks for playing.
    Posted by Snoopsnizzle

Page three of the thread and you still don't have a clue as to what it is about. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Snoopsnizzle. Show Snoopsnizzle's posts

In Response to Re: HAS DURANT now passed KOBE +lebron FOR BEST PLAYER STATUS? : Page three of the thread and you still don't have a clue as to what it is about. 
    Posted by snakeoil123

Read the title of the thread - "Best Player Status"

Now common sense would tell anyone that is all based on opinion. So sorry that you disagree, but I tend to base best players as most people do, on the amount of championships they have won. And again, thank you for playing.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

So, thanks for playing guy just admitted Sam Jones - 10 was twice as good as Bryant - 5!

Schooled again!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Snoopsnizzle. Show Snoopsnizzle's posts

So, thanks for playing guy just admitted Sam Jones - 10 was twice as good as Bryant - 5! Schooled again!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

Sam Jones cannot be compared to Kobe as he never played in the same league, much less same era as Kobe. Durant and Lebron have and they have also witnessed for themselves Kobe winning championships.

Also Russell won a ton of rings more than Wilt, but Wilt owned him in the stat line. Lebron nor Durant own Kobe in the stat line, so your point, whatever it was, is invalid. Kobe is actually leading the league in scoring over KD and Lebron. Back to Russ and Wilt - In head-to-head matchups vs. Russell, Chamberlain scored more points, grabbed more rebounds, passed for more assists. Luckily for Russell, he had a better team surrounding him when going against Wilt. Just sayin'

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to Re: HAS DURANT now passed KOBE +lebron FOR BEST PLAYER STATUS? : Read the title of the thread - "Best Player Status" Now common sense would tell anyone that is all based on opinion. So sorry that you disagree, but I tend to base best players as most people do, on the amount of championships they have won. And again, thank you for playing.
    Posted by Snoopsnizzle

I appreciate you thanking me over and over. It's cute. 

Read the thread.  I was just trying to help.  No sense debating you if you don't understand what is being discussed.  Of course kobe is better than durant or lebron all time. That isn't the point of the thread. Are you still really trying to figure out what is being talked about? I kind of feel bad now.

And you are welcome for me playing in advance.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

stats are nice.....but, as you say regarding Kobe......championships count....you and I have had this conversation before....Wilt didn't know how to win and didn't make his teammates better....Wilt also played on superior teams in '66 and '68 (Sixers) and '69 (Lakers)....Wilt couldn't even lead his college team to the title and quit early to grab the $$ from the Globetrotters...

Russ won twice in college (back to back undefeated seasons), won the Gold in the Olympics, took his team to twelve Finals appearances in thirteen years (winning 11 times....injured in the only loss)....Russ led a team of old timers to back to backs in '68 & '69 while also coaching the team....

Russ was named the greatest player of all time....Wilt was not.....think there was a reason for that.....?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Snoopsnizzle. Show Snoopsnizzle's posts

In Response to Re: HAS DURANT now passed KOBE +lebron FOR BEST PLAYER STATUS? : I appreciate you thanking me over and over. It's cute.   Read the thread.  I was just trying to help.  No sense debating you if you don't understand what is being discussed.  Of course kobe is better than durant or lebron all time. That isn't the point of the thread. Are you still really trying to figure out what is being talked about? I kind of feel bad now.  And you are welcome for me playing in advance.  
    Posted by snakeoil123

Wow, you seem to be in a state of denial. So you just admitted Kobe to be the best player. Isn't that what the title of this thread is asking? Finally, we both agree that NO, Durant, nor Lebron has passed Kobe FOR BEST PLAYER STATUS. Maybe you can help out Red-Russ now. Cool

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: HAS DURANT now passed KOBE +lebron FOR BEST PLAYER STATUS? : Read the title of the thread - "Best Player Status" Now common sense would tell anyone that is all based on opinion. So sorry that you disagree, but I tend to base best players as most people do, on the amount of championships they have won. And again, thank you for playing.
    Posted by Snoopsnizzle

Russell  11
    Sam Jones 10

Open mouth, insert foot!!!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Snoopsnizzle. Show Snoopsnizzle's posts

stats are nice.....but, as you say regarding Kobe......championships count....you and I have had this conversation before....Wilt didn't know how to win and didn't make his teammates better....Wilt also played on superior teams in '66 and '68 (Sixers) and '69 (Lakers)....Wilt couldn't even lead his college team to the title and quit early to grab the $$ from the Globetrotters... Russ won twice in college (back to back undefeated seasons), won the Gold in the Olympics, took his team to twelve Finals appearances in thirteen years (winning 11 times....injured in the only loss)....Russ led a team of old timers to back to backs in '68 & '69 while also coaching the team.... Russ was named the greatest player of all time....Wilt was not.....think there was a reason for that.....?
    Posted by Duke4

Duke I apologize if you were offended by my remarks to Red Russ . He obviously is trying to win an argument that cannot be played. I mean how can you compare players that played in different eras. They never met each other on the court.

Now I am taking anything away from Russell, and I will definitely give you that he was more into winning that Wilt. Wilt himself even mentioned that Bill would throw up in the locker room before every game due to his drive to win. I admire Bill for that, and am glad that he was a Celtic and helped us rack up all those titles back then. BUT, Wilt was the more talented player overall. Wilt was the greatest of all time. The guy averaged 50 points a game for a complate season. That will never be duplicated, much less the 100 points in a single game. Good convo Duke. Thanks!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Snoopsnizzle. Show Snoopsnizzle's posts

In Response to Re: HAS DURANT now passed KOBE +lebron FOR BEST PLAYER STATUS? : Russell  11 Sam Jones 10 Open mouth, insert foot!!!!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

Your argument is baseless. Most people living today have never heard of Sam Jones much less watched him win any NBA title. So tell me old wise one -  When did Kobe ever play head to head with Sam Jones?

And again, thank you for your response.

This thread is about Kobe, KD, and Lebron. I threw Jordan in the mix just to get you and a few others to bite, and because Kobe and MJ faced off a few times in their careers. You then throw players from the 60's in the mix and expect to get a response. HAHAHA! Laughable.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

stats are nice.....but, as you say regarding Kobe......championships count....you and I have had this conversation before....Wilt didn't know how to win and didn't make his teammates better....Wilt also played on superior teams in '66 and '68 (Sixers) and '69 (Lakers)....Wilt couldn't even lead his college team to the title and quit early to grab the $$ from the Globetrotters... Russ won twice in college (back to back undefeated seasons), won the Gold in the Olympics, took his team to twelve Finals appearances in thirteen years (winning 11 times....injured in the only loss)....Russ led a team of old timers to back to backs in '68 & '69 while also coaching the team.... Russ was named the greatest player of all time....Wilt was not.....think there was a reason for that.....?
    Posted by Duke4

Duke, very confused here - seems to me drizzle is saying two different things in two consecutive posts to try to get us upset. 
    Now, in post 1, he says he bases greatness on number of championships - which makes Russ the King.
    Then, in the next post he says that can't be the case since Wilt "domintated" Russ head to head.

Now, you can go ahead and play Rico's little game all you want - but clearly he doesn't know what he's talking about - and he's back on ignore for me!!

Imagine pretending to be a Celtics fan to avoid being banned by BDC - how low and  pathetic a life he must lead!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to Re: HAS DURANT now passed KOBE +lebron FOR BEST PLAYER STATUS? : Wow, you seem to be in a state of denial. So you just admitted Kobe to be the best player. Isn't that what the title of this thread is asking? Finally, we both agree that NO, Durant, nor Lebron has passed Kobe FOR BEST PLAYER STATUS. Maybe you can help out Red-Russ now.
    Posted by Snoopsnizzle

Wow.  I really feel badly for you now.  I didn't know you were "special"

You forgot to thank me for playing.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to Re: HAS DURANT now passed KOBE +lebron FOR BEST PLAYER STATUS? : Duke, very confused here - seems to me drizzle is saying two different things in two consecutive posts to try to get us upset.  Now, in post 1, he says he bases greatness on number of championships - which makes Russ the King. Then, in the next post he says that can't be the case since Wilt "domintated" Russ head to head. Now, you can go ahead and play Rico's little game all you want - but clearly he doesn't know what he's talking about - and he's back on ignore for me!! Imagine pretending to be a Celtics fan to avoid being banned by BDC - how low and  pathetic a life he must lead!!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

Apparently he doesn't even have any idea what anyone is talking about.  I tried to help.  But he just doesn't get it.  Just kept repeating "thanks for playing" over and over again like a demented magpie.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

So, back to the thread title -
    we ALL agree Durant and James have surpassed Bryant!!

Thanks to all for playing

Six,two and even....over and out!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

the Snooper is just having a little fun....lots of tongue in cheek from our Laker friend....he and I go back a ways (at least I think we do...) and we understand one another....so don't anyone take it to heart....this is the type of discussion that could go on all night around a campfire by a bunch of drinking buddies who love different teams....trust me...I've lived through it many, many times over the last 40+ years...my group has tended to be comprised of Celtic, Laker, and Knick fans...can you imagine our conversations by, let's say, 3 AM or so....?  .....U G L Y at times...of course, once we sobered up, we were all best friends again....!!!!

Sections
Shortcuts