Hate to say it, but Celtics & Rondo are a better team with Avery Bradley at the 2 position....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Hate to say it, but Celtics & Rondo are a better team with Avery Bradley at the 2 position....

Bradleys defense and now with more offensive confidence is making life eaiser for Rondo and tougher for the other teams .....  What say you ???

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Re: Hate to say it, but Celtics & Rondo are a better team with Avery Bradley at the 2 position....

AB gives us much of what RA gave us... and with much, much improved defense.

Pud

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Re: Hate to say it, but Celtics & Rondo are a better team with Avery Bradley at the 2 position....

We need BOTH Bradley and Ray.   We're not nearly as good with only one of them.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Re: Hate to say it, but Celtics & Rondo are a better team with Avery Bradley at the 2 position....:
    We need BOTH Bradley and Ray.   We're not nearly as good with only one of them.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life
       I hear you.....  However, I don't see Ray walking thru that door !!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Hate to say it, but Celtics & Rondo are a better team with Avery Bradley at the 2 position....:
    In Response to Re: Hate to say it, but Celtics & Rondo are a better team with Avery Bradley at the 2 position.... :    I hear you.....  However, I don't see Ray walking thru that door !!!!
    Posted by Bill-806

Agree that Ray probably won't be playing during the first round of the playoffs.  Not having him is a big loss for the Celtics. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Hate to say it, but Celtics & Rondo are a better team with Avery Bradley at the 2 position.... :    I hear you.....  However, I don't see Ray walking thru that door !!!!
    Posted by Bill-806

Not, yet, anyway.  But, we can have hope.....just like we hoped that the C's would get back to Celtic brand basketball in the second half of the season and they did.  So, Bradley starting and giving us that great D is tremendous, but I want Ray's shooting in the middle and end of the game.   At some points, Ray and Bradley would be even able to play together.   I'm still hoping Ray comes back soon enough to impact the series.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakerfaker. Show lakerfaker's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hate to say it, but Celtics & Rondo are a better team with Avery Bradley at the 2 position.... : Not, yet, anyway.  But, we can have hope.....just like we hoped that the C's would get back to Celtic brand basketball in the second half of the season and they did.  So, Bradley starting and giving us that great D is tremendous, but I want Ray's shooting in the middle and end of the game.   At some points, Ray and Bradley would be even able to play together.   I'm still hoping Ray comes back soon enough to impact the series.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE

You guys have a lot going for you.  A young dazzling backcourt that not many teams can match, a third young guard named Moore that will probably be a very good player. Steimsa looks like a good backup for years to come,  JJ has a future as well. If you pick right and sign your guys, don't think you will be rebuilding much. My beloved Lakers are reaching the end of their time frame with not much waiting in the wings. We are looking at some lean years unless we can get a free agent to come in. Looks like we will just keep chasing you guys in championships for years to come!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

We can't go deep in the playoffs without Ray.. coming off the bench will be huge,and especially when the game is on the line...Bradley may not be ready for prime time...taking the last shot...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In Response to Re: Hate to say it, but Celtics & Rondo are a better team with Avery Bradley at the 2 position.... :
    In Response to Re: Hate to say it, but Celtics & Rondo are a better team with Avery Bradley at the 2 position.... : Not, yet, anyway.  But, we can have hope.....just like we hoped that the C's would get back to Celtic brand basketball in the second half of the season and they did.  So, Bradley starting and giving us that great D is tremendous, but I want Ray's shooting in the middle and end of the game.   At some points, Ray and Bradley would be even able to play together.   I'm still hoping Ray comes back soon enough to impact the series. Posted by Celtsfan4life

[/QUOTE You guys have a lot going for you.  A young dazzling backcourt that not many teams can match, a third young guard named Moore that will probably be a very good player. Steimsa looks like a good backup for years to come,  JJ has a future as well. If you pick right and sign your guys, don't think you will be rebuilding much. My beloved Lakers are reaching the end of their time frame with not much waiting in the wings. We are looking at some lean years unless we can get a free agent to come in. Looks like we will just keep chasing you guys in championships for years to come!!!
    Posted by lakerfaker

You are a very classy Laker fan and, obviously, an entire NBA fan recognizing as I that I think Rondo & AB can be one of the best backcourt duos ever in the game.
    I live in SF and have seen alot of Laker games vs Golden State. Although a Celtic fan for a long time, I'm a Septuagenarian, I've admired Kobe as the best since MJ and have been envious of the twin towers, Gasol & Bynum the past few years. Celtics have not had that dominance since Parrish, McHale & Bird days. I feel that the Celtics have had a better total core of players than the Lakers but LA's rebounding advantage has given mediocre perimeter shooters extra chances so LA could win shooting 40% while Boston needed to shoot 45-50% losing rebound battles & not have 2nd/3rd chances. So, I too have, although I haven't liked them beating us, especially in Game 7 a couple of years ago, appreciate the all star status of Kobe, Bynum & Gasol & they have dominated GS more than the Celtics the past few years.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakerfaker. Show lakerfaker's posts

In Response to Re: Hate to say it, but Celtics & Rondo are a better team with Avery Bradley at the 2 position.... : You are a very classy Laker fan and, obviously, an entire NBA fan recognizing as I that I think Rondo & AB can be one of the best backcourt duos ever in the game. I live in SF and have seen alot of Laker games vs Golden State. Although a Celtic fan for a long time, I'm a Septuagenarian, I've admired Kobe as the best since MJ and have been envious of the twin towers, Gasol & Bynum the past few years. Celtics have not had that dominance since Parrish, McHale & Bird days. I feel that the Celtics have had a better total core of players than the Lakers but LA's rebounding advantage has given mediocre perimeter shooters extra chances so LA could win shooting 40% while Boston needed to shoot 45-50% losing rebound battles & not have 2nd/3rd chances. So, I too have, although I haven't liked them beating us, especially in Game 7 a couple of years ago, appreciate the all star status of Kobe, Bynum & Gasol & they have dominated GS more than the Celtics the past few years.
    Posted by mandobello

While we may have got the last punch in, imagine how it feels to have you guys swat us time and time again in the finals. Actually it was kind of embarrassing.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

No reason to hate to say it Bill. Truth. I have stated and stuck by it before the season started that the Cs could not afford to start the big 3 with Rondo and JO. Too slow. And age was against them for night in and night out games. Having one or more come off the bench was a great way to intergrate youth and strengthen the second unit. And it obviously allowed for some fresher legs. And they seem to have found a nice mix now. Oh, it helps that JO is not playing too. The Cs are going to be tough to knock out I think. And having Ray come off the bench is huge. Not sure many teams can say that have that type of player coming off the bench. For the Cs to get deep into the playoffs, other players will have to come up with healthy contributions for sure. It is going to be fun to watch the series unfold. Go C's.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

It's not that RA or AB is a better player than one another,it's just that  Rondo,Avery,PP,Bass and KG can run and defend better together and they play a more fuid motion offense together. RA is an offensive weapon but is a set play 1/2 court offense guy that hides his less than crisp passing,cutting and ball movement, he is best suited to be option A or B which is more of what we need from the bench. Ra is a perimeter zone defender now  his ankles have slowed his mobility on D. He just doesn't have the foot speed to help on penetration and post up and then get back to his man anymore. He knows the D but his veteran awareness has been surpassed by his slowing footspeed it happens to everyone sooner or later.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Speaking of JON, I think losing him was the number one thing that made the C's start winning in the second half.  He was not only a waste but actually HURTING the team with the minutes he was playing......too slow to move to get open and too slow to get rebounds and providing no offense.   I'm not sure Doc would have stopped playing him if he was here so I'm glad he was no longer able to play!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

No reason to hate to say it Bill. Truth. I have stated and stuck by it before the season started that the Cs could not afford to start the big 3 with Rondo and JO. Too slow. And age was against them for night in and night out games. Having one or more come off the bench was a great way to intergrate youth and strengthen the second unit. And it obviously allowed for some fresher legs. And they seem to have found a nice mix now. Oh, it helps that JO is not playing too. The Cs are going to be tough to knock out I think. And having Ray come off the bench is huge. Not sure many teams can say that have that type of player coming off the bench. For the Cs to get deep into the playoffs, other players will have to come up with healthy contributions for sure. It is going to be fun to watch the series unfold. Go C's.
    Posted by antiqueman1
    Great post,  I was calling for the kids in December but Doc was reluctant....... Your right on the above names, they can play and have a good future !!!!  Can't wait for the draft !!

15. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts